1.    #1  
    just wonder if anybody else has also noticed this, or if its just mine....

but if you get a call from a number not in your phone book, and you add to a new contact or existing contact, the phone app doesn't update (in the call logs it appears as a number and not as your contact's name).

I've restarted the phone but its the same.

anybody else has this?
  2.    #2  
    i'm guessing either nobody notices or it doesnt happen to anybody?
    mine has never updated.,,,

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    If you get a phone call from the number again does it update then. I have never noticed it, I just set a number to add to an existing contact and will see later if it updates.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    The next call should have the contact, the previous ones are already in the database. I don't believe the entire database is parsed to update old data.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yea I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. One thing that a lot of phones do standard. Not that big of a deal but it's nice to see when you add a new contact that the call history is updated to previous calls made to that number.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesrjr View Post
    yea I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. One thing that a lot of phones do standard. Not that big of a deal but it's nice to see when you add a new contact that the call history is updated to previous calls made to that number.
    yeah, because if you want to check when you last got a call from somebody you need to remember their number (assuming your phone log is filled with calls from people not on your phonebook, like new clients etc