View Poll Results: How many apps do you buy?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who can afford WebOs apps? (0)

10 40.00%
  • I buy every Gameloft Game

1 4.00%
  • 1 to 3 apps when I get my allowance

10 40.00%
  • 4 or more apps. Someone has to keep the developers feed

4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    We have all seen what they said on the front page of P|C, that the average webos owner buys 5 or 6 a month. Just wondering if that is true.

Done from the Palm Pre
    Last edited by PIKCACHU20; 03/05/2010 at 06:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    We have all seen what they said on the front page of P:C, that the average webos owner buys 5 or 6 a month. Just wondering if that is true.
    I think it might be around 6-10 for me and that's between the official cat and AppScoop (which i find to have some very nice little surprises sometimes).
  3.    #3  
    Forgot about appscoop. Thanks for the 411
    Forgot about appscoop. Thanks for the 411
    ur welcome
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    none - Canada
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
  6.    #6  
    Sorry International Users...Your time will come..... Still don't forget to vote.
    I think it's important to download and at least try as many apps as possible. I don't mean you have to buy all of them, but even the free versions. The developers are testing the waters of the WebOS and the more we download, the more and better apps we will get.

For example, there are a couple of free weather apps in the official catolog. Download them both and try them out. If you don't like them, delete them. But it will add to the download count and may convince the developers that there is an interest/market in WebOS apps.
    We have all seen what they said on the front page of P|C, that the average webos owner buys 5 or 6 a month. Just wondering if that is true.

Done from the Palm Pre
    I think the report said "download" five or six apps per month, but I could be wrong.

I've downloaded at least two dozen apps, deleted most of them, have purchased about five since the app catalog started charging for them.
    Sorry International Users...Your time will come..... Still don't forget to vote.
    There is no suitable option. ie None, because they won't let me.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have only bought 7 or 8 total.
    On average per month:
    Pay apps: 0
    Free apps: 1
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  12.    #12  
    This is from a developer on the front page article in the comments section, I am certain it is not indicative of Pre/Pixi users as a whole but it is sad none the less that someone feels this way (regardless if their app is good or not).

That or developer's are starting to pull their applications. I'm very close to pulling my application! I've never worked with such an un-mature and rude user base before! It's interesting how people think nothing of paying a buck for a soda, but if they pay a buck for an app, the world better come along with it. It's just not worth my time anymore.

Submitted by WhoAmI on Fri, 05 Mar.
    Also not a category for not buying apps because there are few that are useful for me. If they are useful for me, I'll buy them, I'm looking for productivity (where's Doc2Go) and utility apps. And I'm still waiting for someone to develop the genealogy app I need -- I'll pay good money for it.

I have purchased a total of 2 since paid apps became available.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 03/05/2010 at 09:30 AM.
    I have purchased one app and had the phone since release.
    I usually get a couple, but I don't know why. I rarely play the games I've bought, or use any of the others I've paid for. Except Tweed. I don't care much about a lot of apps. All I need is twitter, and music streaming. Everything else, I just do online w the browser. I'll keep getting apps though. They're fun for the first few days, and I want it to be worthwhile for people to make them so that they are available for people who consider them to be a huge selling point for a device.