Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    My Pre's screen died on me yesterday. I just doesn't display anymore. I can receive calls, but nothing shows on the screen.

So, I need to get a replacement. Do I have to go to the Repair Store or can I go to any Sprint Store to get it replaced?
    i Would take it there 1st they prob will swap it out.
    The stores have been instructed not to open up any Palms so I think you can go to any store.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Cool. Thanks for the replies.

Second question: What are my chances of not getting a refurb?
    You better know the guy/gal at the store or else that's all your gonna get unless you have taken 3 or 4 of them back.
    might want to call different stores before going to make sure they actually have one, only repair centers will swap and they did not have any when I needed one, they had to order it(only took one business day). As far as getting new instead of refurb, good luck.......
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Thanks all. I'll give it a try. Hopefully I get a female rep, then I'll try to flirt my way to a new Pre. J/K... but seriously, I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Along the same lines, my power button broke so I'm sure it will warrant a replacement. I know I can reinstall the 44 patches, 3 Linux apps, 4 Service programs through Preware but how do I back up all the homebrews I have installed that are no longer available? I made a copy of all the available folders in the USB mode (is that enough?) but have not been able to do the backup described using WebOS Quick install with it not finding the folder described.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mflauer View Post
    Along the same lines, my power button broke so I'm sure it will warrant a replacement. I know I can reinstall the 44 patches, 3 Linux apps, 4 Service programs through Preware but how do I back up all the homebrews I have installed that are no longer available? I made a copy of all the available folders in the USB mode (is that enough?) but have not been able to do the backup described using WebOS Quick install with it not finding the folder described.
    I have exactly the same issue. my power button broke this morning (my USB cover ripped off on its own a couple weeks ago).

In particular, I have data in some homebrew apps that I'd like restored post-replacement. Does that get backed-up/restored?