1.    #1  
    Palm had an excellent Task list with their old platform. why can't someone make a task list that sync's with Outlook???? I have too much to do and don't want to enter all tasks on the little keyboard!! I need a task program with recurring TIMES, not just date(s). wow.
    There are various options in the App Cat. I haven't looked into them, myself, but I see them all the time.
    yes I'd love one just loke the old palm os. A calendar agenda view with tasks integrated.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i agree with you, loved having task app that was able to handle recurring task and the option for an alarm. This stupid thing doesn't even have an option to change the due take to 2/3/4/5... weeks/months. How hard can that be.
    just wondering....what "tasks" are needed to be repeated on a daily basis? id figure if something was done everyday i wouldnt need a reminder to do it. but yeah not trollin. just curious
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Agreed. Take a look at this patch request thread I made:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...-task-app.html
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Samik View Post
    Palm had an excellent Task list with their old platform. why can't someone make a task list that sync's with Outlook???? I have too much to do and don't want to enter all tasks on the little keyboard!! I need a task program with recurring TIMES, not just date(s). wow.
    Not sure about the times thing, but I tried a few demos from the App Catalog. Eventually purchased PocketMirror from Chapura. A little pricey, but worth it. Effortlessly syncs with Outlook (and I'm running Outlook on Windows XP, in a Virtualbox VM, running on Linux).

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    just wondering....what "tasks" are needed to be repeated on a daily basis? id figure if something was done everyday i wouldnt need a reminder to do it. but yeah not trollin. just curious
    Some things might be better making a daily alarm or daily item on your calendar. If you really do it at the same time each day. And you don't want to "track" if you've done it or not.

When I worked as a contractor, I was required to fill out my timesheet at the end of each work day. The "end of each work day" varied.

So, I put a daily repeating task on my task list for "Fill out timesheet."

That way, when I look at my task list, I would see that as a task. And until I'd actually done it, it'd stay on the list.

I got in the habit of looking at my task list before I went home each day. Yes, that's a "task" that I need to remember. But in getting into this habit, I would see all of my tasks, including the timesheet one (as well as things like "pick up milk" that might have been added on a one-off basis).

If I forgot to look at my tasks before I went home, when I looked at them that evening or the next morning, I'd still see the task. It wouldn't be checked off until I'd actually done it.

Other examples might including taking medicine (it's nice to be able to "check off" that you've done it, since sometimes I simply can't remember if I did or not), calling your mother (if she expects a daily call, but you vary the time according to when you're free), checking in with an employee that needs a daily check-in, etc.

People often confuse events (calendar) with tasks. They have very different uses. People who a crazy over PIM methodology will tell you, for example, that things that don't have a specific time don't belong on a calendar -- they are tasks. Things where status or completion needs to be tracked are tasks. (Although, I did use a couple of calendar programs on the old PalmOS that allowed you to mark calendar events as "complete").

There are plenty of grey areas, too. For example, if you have a meeting with a co-worker at 10:00, that's a calendar event. However, if you're unable to make it, you might STILL need to meet. Therefore, the meeting is actually both an event and a task. I do this often. If I need to talk to someone at a project, I'll create a task called "Talk to Bob about project X." I'll setup a meeting with him. Not until we've actually met and we've had the full discussion does the task go away. Make sense?

All of this said, while I'm a methodology person, do what works for you. Some people never keep task lists, but still get things done. Others don't keep a calendar, but do have PostIt notes full of stuff to do (timed and otherwise) and manage to make meetings on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Some things might be better making a daily alarm or daily item on your calendar. If you really do it at the same time each day. And you don't want to "track" if you've done it or not.

When I worked as a contractor, I was required to fill out my timesheet at the end of each work day. The "end of each work day" varied.

So, I put a daily repeating task on my task list for "Fill out timesheet."

That way, when I look at my task list, I would see that as a task. And until I'd actually done it, it'd stay on the list.

I got in the habit of looking at my task list before I went home each day. Yes, that's a "task" that I need to remember. But in getting into this habit, I would see all of my tasks, including the timesheet one (as well as things like "pick up milk" that might have been added on a one-off basis).

If I forgot to look at my tasks before I went home, when I looked at them that evening or the next morning, I'd still see the task. It wouldn't be checked off until I'd actually done it.

Other examples might including taking medicine (it's nice to be able to "check off" that you've done it, since sometimes I simply can't remember if I did or not), calling your mother (if she expects a daily call, but you vary the time according to when you're free), checking in with an employee that needs a daily check-in, etc.

People often confuse events (calendar) with tasks. They have very different uses. People who a crazy over PIM methodology will tell you, for example, that things that don't have a specific time don't belong on a calendar -- they are tasks. Things where status or completion needs to be tracked are tasks. (Although, I did use a couple of calendar programs on the old PalmOS that allowed you to mark calendar events as "complete").

There are plenty of grey areas, too. For example, if you have a meeting with a co-worker at 10:00, that's a calendar event. However, if you're unable to make it, you might STILL need to meet. Therefore, the meeting is actually both an event and a task. I do this often. If I need to talk to someone at a project, I'll create a task called "Talk to Bob about project X." I'll setup a meeting with him. Not until we've actually met and we've had the full discussion does the task go away. Make sense?

All of this said, while I'm a methodology person, do what works for you. Some people never keep task lists, but still get things done. Others don't keep a calendar, but do have PostIt notes full of stuff to do (timed and otherwise) and manage to make meetings on time.
    gotcha. understandable then (not really the type who writes tons down like that. altho i have started using google calender and syncing the evens - maybe tasks is next down the line, who knows)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Try Classic ToDo in the app catalog. It includes recurring tasks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Try Classic ToDo in the app catalog. It includes recurring tasks.
    I'm the dev for ToDo Classic. Some of these other requests are coming. I'm looking to include alarms and hopefully some sort of online sync which could allow csv import in future releases. Just need some time.....
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    +1

Also, am I missing something or can you not password protect memos any longer?