1.    #1  
    I need some help here. I'm pretty good at following instructions, but I can't find the steps needed to actually doctor my phone back to 1.3.5.1 from 1.4. All I keep finding is the link to download 1.3.5.1 directly. Once I download it, I'm stuck. There isn't information on how to implement these files into my .jar of WebOS Doctor. It just stores itself into a temp folder when I unpack the files. Why isn't the .jar file that's needed, packed in the zip?

To clarify, I have an old WebOS Doctor 1.3 build for my Sprint phone installed on my PC. I went to download the direct link for the 1.3.5.1 doctor version and every time I download the install, it just downloads the 'meat' and gives me nothing with regards to the .jar file required for the correct install.

How do I get the .jar file for Webos Doctor 1.3.5.1? Furthermore, is there any real step-by-step instructions to downgrading from 1.4 to 1.3.5? I'd like to start from scratch and delete all my doctoring files so that I don't screw anything up (like using the 1.3 build .jar file and loosing most of my data. I hear 1.3.5.1 does't cause the data wipe)

God, I tell you what... I'm never installing another Palm update again. It's generally f***ed up that I lost all ability to tether with my MHS downloaded (yeah, I know it wasn't ment for the Sprint version anyway, but all the do-gooders and suck it. I never go over my 5gb 'unlimited' cap so I'm doing nothing wrong.... technically.... sort of... ).

Thanks to anybody for the help. I'll live with my broken MHS for now with hopes of a patch for MHS for WebOS 1.4 in the future. Can I just download the free version of MyTether and still use it for wifi with my freeTetherd ipforwarding that's already installed in the mean time?
    what are you loading webos doctor jar ? how big is the file ? if its the web doctor jar just put it into a folder and name it whatever you want and double click the file like you would to start any program
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    The direct download for 1.3.5.1 webos doctor was the standard 200mb file. If you're talking about the .jar file specifically, its just the standard .jar file on my desktop..... uh, 148.194 version i believe, back from november for the 1.3 webos.
    Do you have Winrar installed?
    If that's the case it may be reading it as an extractable file.
    Go into the settings in Winrar and uncheck .jar
    mytether works. You don't need any other tether program for wifi or usb tether. I have it on my pre as well as my wifes pre.

Good luck
  6.    #6  
    Sorry, I responded too fast... so you're saying I just need to put the .jar file into the folder that I unzipped the packed 1.3.5.1 files? Does it not matter that the .jar file says it's from the previous 1.3 version of WebOS on the top bar?
    correct .. you are going back to the 1.3.5.1 right . if so then double click on it

all you need to do to run it is hook up phone place the file into a folder (if it the web doctor jar.) and double click on it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I have winrar. I should have though about that one. Can I change the settings in winrar right before I extract the files or do I need to go into the settings beforehand?
  9.    #9  
    BTW, you guys rock. Love the quick responses. I may give MyTether a try before I go for Doctoring the phone. Hate to mess it up since I never did it before.
    just try to open the file if you can not then download winzip or winwar , i use 7zip myself because its free but open it and drag into the folder you made on desktop and double click with phone pluged in . its real easy , then just watch it go !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Yeah, I have winrar. I should have though about that one. Can I change the settings in winrar right before I extract the files or do I need to go into the settings beforehand?
    You have to have the original full .jar file, not the extracted one
    Then go into Winrar and change the settings.
    Then try, you might have to right click and set it as a Java program.
    But it should recognize it automatically.

MyTether does cost money though, I think it's like 15 bucks.
    Last edited by Demlor; 03/04/2010 at 10:02 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah, and there's no clear way to install it. I installed mytether a long time ago through the terminal app. I can't find the instructions on that anymore, and the Windows Installer he provides is almost useless.
    I liked FreeTether, it was simple and easy.
    Hopefully there's a fix for it in the making.