View Poll Results: How often do you recieve late or missed calls and texts on your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Frequently!

49 31.82%
  • Rarely

53 34.42%
  • Not at all...I think

52 33.77%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok seriously I have had it with these missed calls and txts. What is going on with this? Is this a Pre related issue? Because I really cannot deal with this.

Every time I talk to Sprint they say that there are never any outages or anything. This seems like it has to be a Sprint side problem...so why does it KEEP HAPPENING!?

I missed 2 EXTREMELY important calls today that could have very well decided my future for the rest of my life. I am so upset. I thought these damn problems would have gone away but sad to say....they're still here. I'm in an area with 100% coverage as well so I'm not having ANY reception issues.

Does anyone know if this is a Pre issue, or a Sprint issue? I will gladly go back to Blackberry in order to gain regular call functionality.

UPDATE: Problem solved.
    Last edited by TheRQTekt; 03/06/2010 at 12:06 AM.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Could it be that you weren't there to receive them? As far as the phone not ringing at all, it is totally a Sprint issue. It happens on occasion and granted, while annoying, it isn't the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post

NOTE: I don't care if this was discussed in another thread.
    Do you really think that people will respond to your lack of consideration?
    started after 1.4
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have my phone with me all the time and I miss calls more often than receive them! It is very frustrating!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Do you really think that people will respond to your lack of consideration?
    I've posted on this before...and no one seems to know what I'm talking about so I'm sure it probably hasn't been talked about much. But at this point...I'm beyond caring. I missed a career phone call that came through on Google Voice, but not ONCE to my Pre. Put yourself in my shoes.

A phone is supposed to be a secured way to communicate with another person. A reliable way to communicate with someone. What's a phone for if it's not even a reliable way to communicate anymore?

Sad that that's the only thing you got from my post.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I have noticed an increase over the past few days. A -large- increase. I hope it has nothing to do with 1.4, I've been blaming it on Sprint.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    started after 1.4
    This has been an issue for me sporadically since I got my 1st refurb (1.3.1) (to which I'm now on my 4th), and now it's full blown crazy. I'm currently on the phone with Sprint and they claim up and down nothing is wrong with their network. I've never had issues like this at all with Sprint. Why is this happening now?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Oh, by the way, I just searched for this topic and only found very general threads and nothing specific like this one. I do not post much on this forum, but from what I've read, many of the people posting are very rude!

I am also extremely frustrated with this same issue!

I've had the missed call problem since day one with my Palm Pre. We do not have 3G in our area. Maybe that is part of the problem. My friends sometimes have to call my phone up to 7 or 8 times before they can get through and stop going to my voice mail.
  10.    #10  
    Hmm from the looks of it, sounds like it's a Palm Pre problem. I talked to Palm, but I was late for work so had to cancel for tonight...

...but anyways tomorrow morning I have a direct line to their advanced technical support team (although tech support should know everything or else why are they called tech support?) so we'll see what that yeilds me.

If I don't get anywhere then I'll just reactivate my Curve because I can't be missing calls like this when I shouldn't be. Beautiful interface and multitasking aside...the phone part should be the number one function to never fail...EVER.
    Understand that it sucks missing a call, but if the call's important that's what voicemail is for. Not being a jerk, but get over it. It's something that's going to happen to everybody at some point I'm sure, regardless of carrier, phone, etc. Maybe you should look into a land line with an answering machine if the todays wireless technology isn't good enough.

I'm sure it's happened many times and you just don't know it, meaning if the caller doesn't leave a voicemail you'd never know. I've probably had more "missed" calls than I can count, oh well... If the call is important they'll leave a voicemail.

It's ridiculous to blame a few missed calls or delayed text on a phone. How can the phone be at fault? Common sense should be enough to realize it's the network/carrier. And any/every carrier will deny their network being the issue 99% of the time. No carrier is going to admit that they're the reason for you're "missed" calls, etc.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Understand that it sucks missing a call, but if the call's important that's what voicemail is for. Not being a jerk, but get over it. It's something that's going to happen to everybody at some point I'm sure, regardless of carrier, phone, etc. Maybe you should look into a land line with an answering machine if the todays wireless technology isn't good enough.

I'm sure it's happened many times and you just don't know it, meaning if the caller doesn't leave a voicemail you'd never know. I've probably had more "missed" calls than I can count, oh well... If the call is important they'll leave a voicemail.

It's ridiculous to blame a few missed calls or delayed text on a phone. How can the phone be at fault? Common sense should be enough to realize it's the network/carrier. And any/every carrier will deny their network being the issue 99% of the time. No carrier is going to admit that they're the reason for you're "missed" calls, etc.
    It's been WAY more than few. I also don't use a land line because of my job I'm constantly flying. So unless you know of a land line service that caters to people on the move...that's out of the question.

And if I pay for service, I want it to work how it should work. There is no debating this issue.

And I did think and believe it was a network issue...but now it has to be the phone. I'm sure of it. I've NEVER had an issue until switching to this phone. I'm justified...thanks.
    This has been an issue for me sporadically since I got my 1st refurb (1.3.1) (to which I'm now on my 4th), and now it's full blown crazy. I'm currently on the phone with Sprint and they claim up and down nothing is wrong with their network. I've never had issues like this at all with Sprint. Why is this happening now?
    Kind of shows it's the carrier not the phone. What number phone are you on with the same problem? Hmmm...

And I did think and believe it was a network issue...but now it has to be the phone. I'm sure of it. I've NEVER had an issue until switching to this phone. I'm justified...thanks.
    LOL

Really? Are you 100% sure, I don't think so. Actually, I'm 99% sure that you don't have any real idea what you're talking about.

If you do know what you're talking about then please explain to me, HOW CAN THE PHONE BE THE ISSUE?

And if I pay for service, I want it to work how it should work. There is no debating this issue.
    I agree 100% on that, but it's a network issue and complaint, not phone. I'd make a post on the Sprint Forums where it might actually do you some good.

Anyways, have fun switching back to your prior phone, then have fun switching to another carrier, and another.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 03/05/2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Sprint isn't a huge network compared to AT&T and Verizon. In fact if you check out Sprint's coverage area, it's pretty minimal covering only highly populated areas and specific markets. If you need good coverage Sprint really isn't a great service for nationwide support. My best advice to you would to get a Go Phone for travel use if you continually need it.
  15.    #15  
    It would be a phone issue if the software is not interfacing with the network correctly. That and I've never had the problem until this phone and I've had Sprint since 2002. NEVER had this problem on any other phone. All smart phones. All on Sprint. Never a problem with them. That's how I know.

And further more I temporarily went back to my Curve when waiting on a refurb. Was with it for 3 weeks and no missed calls or late txts.

But thanks. I'll have loads of fun. Peace.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    It would be a phone issue if the software is not interfacing with the network correctly. That and I've never had the problem until this phone and I've had Sprint since 2002. NEVER had this problem on any other phone. All smart phones. All on Sprint. Never a problem with them. That's how I know.

And further more I temporarily went back to my Curve when waiting on a refurb. Was with it for 3 weeks and no missed calls or late txts.

But thanks. I'll have loads of fun. Peace.
    and we can all see from your multiple repeated post what a tech genius you are, so we won't argue with you...because clearly you can't be wrong. So please do trade in your pre for another phone. good luck with that one. hope that they call you back and offer you that sanitation engineering job again so your life can return to normal again.
    Have a great day.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    and we can all see from your multiple repeated post what a tech genius you are, so we won't argue with you...because clearly you can't be wrong. So please do trade in your pre for another phone. good luck with that one. hope that they call you back and offer you that sanitation engineering job again so your life can return to normal again.
    Have a great day.
    Was that even called for? Flaming on a post is real "My Mom's Basement" of you. And Computer and Electrical Engineering is more like it. Thank you.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Sprint isn't a huge network compared to AT&T and Verizon. In fact if you check out Sprint's coverage area, it's pretty minimal covering only highly populated areas and specific markets. If you need good coverage Sprint really isn't a great service for nationwide support. My best advice to you would to get a Go Phone for travel use if you continually need it.
    Wouldn't a Go Phone offer less coverage? I could be wrong about that...please let me know. But Sprint has served me well until THIS phone so I'm trying to discover what the issue is with this specific phone.

This is my U.S. phone line. And a love this phone. Hate that I'm missing calls and txts.
    Honestly I noticed a huge increase in missed calls (where my mom would call 5 times with it going to my voicemail) when we still had 1xrtt in my area.

It happanes because the phone by design is looking for a evdo(3g) connection.

If you go to the phone pad and dial ##DATA# and set it to 1xrtt only, it should eliminate the problem.

They have recently introduced evdo into my area and the problem has finally subsided, and the phone is 7x better with evdo.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Maybe this needs to be looked at by sprint and palm. I noticed after the update to 1.4 the sprint configuration is now v2.3 and it was v2.2 prior to palms update...anyone notice that and if so what's been changed?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast