View Poll Results: How often do you recieve late or missed calls and texts on your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Frequently!

49 31.82%
  • Rarely

53 34.42%
  • Not at all...I think

52 33.77%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I've seen my Pre light up and show the picture of the person calling yet not play a sound at all; missed numerous calls that way with it in my pocket as well. Ringer is all the way up to the loudest setting, the silent toggle isn't on, it didn't think it was in headphone mode, and it's using the default ringer.
    happened to me alot in the last few days... it only happens when my gf tries to call or text... you can imagine the stress its causing lol...

seriously, its causing alot of stress, some1 needs to fix this!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    I've seen my Pre light up and show the picture of the person calling yet not play a sound at all; missed numerous calls that way with it in my pocket as well. Ringer is all the way up to the loudest setting, the silent toggle isn't on, it didn't think it was in headphone mode, and it's using the default ringer.
    This happens to me... I am made aware only when the missed call alert sounds, which seems to work every time.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon no h View Post
    I've been on the phone with Sprint since Friday. My phone (Palm Pre) and my wifes phone (LG Rumour) have been getting calls from Jamaica. And both of our phones do not receive calls (except from Jamaica-we don't know anyone in Jamaica-I googled it and it's the scam). I tried calling my own phone from a land line, and my phone sits there like there is nothing going on. Even if I leave a voice mail, nothing comes through. No text either. My friends call and think I'm ignoring them because I don't answer or reply.
    I tried calling my phone today and got connected to someone else! My account got hacked before, and the symptoms we're experiencing are very similar. I don't think it's a Pre problem, because my wife's LG is having the same thing happen (shared plan). Sprint tried to reset the phones, reprogram the phones, and I keep telling them it's my account that has been compromised. Doing stuff with the phones won't fix the problem. I gotta call the fraud department (again).

Does anyone know if I switch carriers but keep the same phone numbers, will the problem persist? I like the Pre and Verizon has buy one Pre for $50 and get one free. Sprint has not been successful in resolving my problem yet.

So to keep the topic Pre in the Pre forum, I don't feel it's the update 1.4.1.1 that is causing my Pre phone/text not to function properly. It's my hacked (2nd time in less than 6 months) Sprint account.
    Happened to me on T-Mobile about 5yrs ago and when I ported my # to sprint, the problem did not follow me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cdndctn View Post
    Happened to me on T-Mobile about 5yrs ago and when I ported my # to sprint, the problem did not follow me.
    Thanks! This is very helpful.
    i did that slot index nonsense and im pretty sure i still miss calls.
    Palm Pre, Sprint. Major debate about this....

How is this possible? Has this happened to you?

- In an area with poor service.
    - Phone was called several times, did not ring or buzz.

Later... the calls show up in the Missed Calls Log on the phone BUT they never showed up with that little indicator on the main page like missed calls or texts typically do. So the only way to see that the phone was called, was to proactively go into the log and check it out.

How is that possible? It happened to me, and I don't get it.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456