View Poll Results: How often do you recieve late or missed calls and texts on your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Frequently!

49 31.82%
  • Rarely

53 34.42%
  • Not at all...I think

52 33.77%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    the only time i dont get calls/texts is when i dont get a signal. happened once when i was in the basement and i didnt have internet, thus the airave wasnt working.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    when I mean missed calls I mean the call never shows up in the call log on the phone but I'm told after the fact that I'm called multiple times.

it almost seems to happen when the phone is "sleeping" but I do know I didn't have this trouble before the 1.4 update.
    Same here. It's not until I open up the phone then I see a voicemail icon there telling if there is a message. Even though call log says noone called. Im beginning to wonder if I am getting these calls on my random Luna restart moments which is kinda often.
    Yes, in the past few days missing texts and calls has gotten much worse! Some texts are coming in hours later even when the phone has been setting in the same spot all day and receiving texts...just some seem to get "lost in space". I have been with sprint for years and had almost every version of smart phones they have offered...same thing with all the rest of the phones too! It's a Sprint issue but when you call to complain...they say no other reports have come in about this issue! I have heard so many people say that if your bill is even a few days past due...the problem seems to get worse as if your service gets cut back because your behind! Who Knows though!!
    Quote Originally Posted by April1202 View Post
    Yes, in the past few days missing texts and calls has gotten much worse! Some texts are coming in hours later even when the phone has been setting in the same spot all day and receiving texts...just some seem to get "lost in space". I have been with sprint for years and had almost every version of smart phones they have offered...same thing with all the rest of the phones too! It's a Sprint issue but when you call to complain...they say no other reports have come in about this issue! I have heard so many people say that if your bill is even a few days past due...the problem seems to get worse as if your service gets cut back because your behind! Who Knows though!!
    I have noticed similar behavior about once or twice a week for the last several months. The phone connection to the cellular network seems to "go to sleep" and as a result periodically misses incoming calls.

I notice that after I have missed call(s) that don't show up in the call log, but have corresponding voice mails, the phone seems to need a minute or two to re-establish a connection with the cellular network. The phone app seems to go through a "wake up" process when I use the phone to dial out.

Luckily, nothing major has been screwed up by this yet, but I have almost no confidence in the phone part of the Palm Pre device. It's like having an old "beater" car that may or may not start on a cold morning.

Still it has to be better than all the network problems I hear I-phone users complain about.

If April is correct then obtaining a new phone won't fix anything. Is there anyone out there who can diagnose the problem to be endemic with the Palm phone or the Sprint Network? Are any Palm Plus users out there experiencing this frustrating phenomenon?
    Something is wrong with the phone app. I went ahead and called my Pre, I saw the Pre was not showing an incoming call but my bluetooth headset was giving me a heads up about the call coming through. I ignored it to see if I get a missed call notification and it didn't. I go into the Phone app, it loads FOREVER. I had to close the app and re-launch it, it opens up fine and doesn't even show the missed call in the call log.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Why is it Sprint's fault?....

If it was Sprint's fault shouldn't everyone have dropped calls, late text's and so on. The poll shows that the majority of people are not having problems.
    Hey Netwrkr9, you should better check your math. Roughly a third of people report no problem at all, the rest are rare or frequent problems which account for roughly two thirds of the respondents.
    i updated my network settings and prl after the 1.4 update and i think it has stopped the problem. i havent had random voicemails pop up without the miss call notice and all the text i recieve seem to be on time as no one has complained for me takin so long to respond.
    tOnerz suggested fix can be done by following these simple steps:

1.) Run the Phone app

2.) Select Preferences (this is done by toggling the menu in the top left corner and selecting the preferences option).

3.) Scroll down until you see "Update Network Settings" then tap this option. Wait until the process is finished.

4.) You should see the "Update PRL" function immediately below the Network Settings function. Tap "Update PRL" and when the process finishes you have hopefully resolved your call/txt issues.

I tried this and will check back in a couple days to share the results. Hopefully tOnerz had the fix.
    i thought it had been fixed till my friend let me know earlier he called ten times. no call in my call log, my ringers on, i wasnt running preware, oh and i just recieved some text messages from 6:45 and its 9:45. i missed out on free tickets to the warriors lakers game. *** is this?

ima try the OP fix.
    I'm getting this on Verizon also. It has to be 1.4
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    been getting a few lately
    Dealing with this since the 1.4 update. 1.4.1.1 did NOT fix it.
    It has not happened to me since 1.4.1.1. Happened frequently with 1.4. Not sure if it was fixed or not but it I have not seen it since 1.4.1.1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    It is still there, but like others have said it is alot less frequent now.. But I can still make it shut down the native palm apps if I try real hard...lol. So no fix yet.. You would think they would want the phone app to have priority over others..
    even without running preware this could happen. If your last reboot was just a luna boot a day ago, the phone app could be off the whole time till you initiate a call. The phone is off till that happens or the phone is restarted. Luna restarts seem to be causing the problem for me. I have missed texts and many calls. Each time it was because I ran preware and did a luna boot instead of an actual restart.
    my problem is persisting and had possibly gotten worse. after the update i went back to the settings that the OP suggested fixing and i still dont recieve some text messages and i miss phone calls and i dont get the vmail icon till i open the phone app. my friend with the same phone has been dealing with the same problems and he has no preware or luna manager on his phone. this is ****in bull****.
    Just started having these problems this past Saturday. Been told by others they were trying to call all night. My phone never rang. Also never received txts that night. Powered my phone on and off several times that night in fear that it was "frozen" or something as I was expecting a phone call. Pretty upset because there was some important data in one of the texts that got sent but never made it to my phone.
    I've been on the phone with Sprint since Friday. My phone (Palm Pre) and my wifes phone (LG Rumour) have been getting calls from Jamaica. And both of our phones do not receive calls (except from Jamaica-we don't know anyone in Jamaica-I googled it and it's the scam). I tried calling my own phone from a land line, and my phone sits there like there is nothing going on. Even if I leave a voice mail, nothing comes through. No text either. My friends call and think I'm ignoring them because I don't answer or reply.
    I tried calling my phone today and got connected to someone else! My account got hacked before, and the symptoms we're experiencing are very similar. I don't think it's a Pre problem, because my wife's LG is having the same thing happen (shared plan). Sprint tried to reset the phones, reprogram the phones, and I keep telling them it's my account that has been compromised. Doing stuff with the phones won't fix the problem. I gotta call the fraud department (again).

Does anyone know if I switch carriers but keep the same phone numbers, will the problem persist? I like the Pre and Verizon has buy one Pre for $50 and get one free. Sprint has not been successful in resolving my problem yet.

So to keep the topic Pre in the Pre forum, I don't feel it's the update 1.4.1.1 that is causing my Pre phone/text not to function properly. It's my hacked (2nd time in less than 6 months) Sprint account.
    Last edited by Jon no h; 04/27/2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Look at SECTION 2 for reference on how to prevent late calls. The lower the number for Slot Index the more likely you will receive calls

Click on the link below thats in my signature that says INCREASE the SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    I've noticed since day 1 that sometimes on vibrate with less than perfect signal I'll miss a call, txt all together and only get the missed icon at the bottom, that's anning bc it still happens to this day
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast