View Poll Results: How often do you recieve late or missed calls and texts on your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Frequently!

    49 31.82%
  • Rarely

    53 34.42%
  • Not at all...I think

    52 33.77%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107
  1. #41  
    Sprint Pre. This is bizarre. I did have three calls last night in the span of two minutes that I did not receive (and yet they show up on my Sprint online call log) and late texts have been happening more frequently. I never saw this behavior with 1.3.5.1. This has only started in 1.4.

    I'll open up a text window and all of a sudden, I have like 4-5 texts show up grouped together from earlier in the day (2-3hrs late)? Again, did not see this in 1.3.5.1. This happened again this morning. I had 4 text messages (from different users) show up out of nowhere as soon as I opened a text message window and the messages were from a couple of hrs earlier.

    I was ready to do a full erase thinking that I had a corrupted 1.4 download. I'm glad that it's just not me seeing this behavior.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/05/2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  2. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #42  
    I've been on Sprint since 2001. I'm never missed any calls (that I'm aware of anyway) but I do sometimes receive text messages hours later, and recipients of my texts sometimes get mine way late as well. Sometimes it's kinda funny but sometimes it's really annoying. It's never been a serious issue though.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I've been on Sprint since 2001. I'm never missed any calls (that I'm aware of anyway) but I do sometimes receive text messages hours later, and recipients of my texts sometimes get mine way late as well. Sometimes it's kinda funny but sometimes it's really annoying. It's never been a serious issue though.
    Yeah, it happens some times but honestly... I have a few Verizon friends that I text consistently and their texts are constantly double sent and triple sent...

    So it's not just Sprint.
  4. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Yeah, it happens some times but honestly... I have a few Verizon friends that I text consistently and their texts are constantly double sent and triple sent...

    So it's not just Sprint.
    Right. I was just pointing out the fact that I've had the issue for years, meaning I don't think it's the Pre causing it to happen, not that it's strictly a Sprint issue.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Right. I was just pointing out the fact that I've had the issue for years, meaning I don't think it's the Pre causing it to happen, not that it's strictly a Sprint issue.
    I tend to completely agree, especially since it's happened to me on numerous other phones including the Treo Pro.
  6. #46  
    My concern is that this behavior never showed up until 1.4. I'm very picky when it comes to my Pre and I know its behavior (since launch day).

    If you add that since 1.4, my Pre thinks that I've just added an email account and brings up that page (to Click Done or Add Another Email Account) at random intervals, 1.4 is a bit interesting to say the least.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Kind of shows it's the carrier not the phone. What number phone are you on with the same problem? Hmmm...



    LOL

    Really? Are you 100% sure, I don't think so. Actually, I'm 99% sure that you don't have any real idea what you're talking about.

    If you do know what you're talking about then please explain to me, HOW CAN THE PHONE BE THE ISSUE?



    I agree 100% on that, but it's a network issue and complaint, not phone. I'd make a post on the Sprint Forums where it might actually do you some good.

    Anyways, have fun switching back to your prior phone, then have fun switching to another carrier, and another.
    hey, if you really like this phone this much and defends it this much with all its problems why don't you marry it?

    The poster has the right to be upset, you don't like his post move on to the next.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    hey, if you really like this phone this much and defends it this much with all its problems why don't you marry it?

    The poster has the right to be upset, you don't like his post move on to the next.
    Yeah but the poster that was defending the PRE was right.....it was a Network issue, because the OP had a Network hack on his/her PRE. Was never a phone/PRE issue at all.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Yeah but the poster that was defending the PRE was right.....it was a Network issue, because the OP had a Network hack on his/her PRE. Was never a phone/PRE issue at all.
    Wouldn't me changing network settings on the phone make it a phone issue?

    Correct me if I'm wrong...but usually when yo have to change something on a device to get it to work, it's the device. Seeing as how I didn't climb a Sprint tower to tinker with the type of service they're putting out, it's pretty logical it was the device.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    ... I have a few Verizon friends that I text consistently and their texts are constantly double sent and triple sent...
    Yeah what is that about? I've always wondered why I get 5-6 of the same texts from my Verizon friend everything he texts me. That's odd.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Yeah what is that about? I've always wondered why I get 5-6 of the same texts from my Verizon friend everything he texts me. That's odd.
    Verizon never claimed they were good with texting, just calls and 3g. ;]
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattykinsx View Post
    verizon never claimed they were good with texting, just calls and 3g. ;]
    DEATH! :d
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Wouldn't me changing network settings on the phone make it a phone issue?

    Correct me if I'm wrong...but usually when yo have to change something on a device to get it to work, it's the device. Seeing as how I didn't climb a Sprint tower to tinker with the type of service they're putting out, it's pretty logical it was the device.
    Uh no, there is no Palm Pre Network.....there is a Sprint Network. You hacked the Network(Sprints) to change settings to what you needed.

    And figuraltively speaking, you basically did do what your trying joke about....Anything involved with Network, especially MSN, has to do with Sprint not the PRE.

    You could have had the same exact issue on any other phone, because its hack you placed through the Network.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Uh no, there is no Palm Pre Network.....there is a Sprint Network. You hacked the Network(Sprints) to change settings to what you needed.

    And figuraltively speaking, you basically did do what your trying joke about....Anything involved with Network, especially MSN, has to do with Sprint not the PRE.

    You could have had the same exact issue on any other phone, because its hack you placed through the Network.
    Give it up, Titan. He is not going to admit that it was his error, not the fault of the update.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Uh no, there is no Palm Pre Network.....there is a Sprint Network. You hacked the Network(Sprints) to change settings to what you needed.

    And figuraltively speaking, you basically did do what your trying joke about....Anything involved with Network, especially MSN, has to do with Sprint not the PRE.

    You could have had the same exact issue on any other phone, because its hack you placed through the Network.
    We will just have to agree to disagree because you're telling me that changing settings on my device means it's a network problem, while I'm telling you that the settings on the device had to change to interface correctly with the network making it a device programming problem.

    The device and network are two separate entities, but this is obviously going nowhere between the two of us so I'm done with THIS thing here. We're done with this.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  16. #56  
    I've had the same issue but didn't know it until my voicemail icon popped up 5 hours later (literally) and I listend to the time stamps on the messages, Also, receiving text messages 6 hours later with the original timestamps...pretty irritating. I understand modern technology is full of trial and error but come on....
  17. twiktor's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #57  
    I can't even figure out what settings this one crowd hacked and why the other crowd is so ****ed.

    It's like 2 Vegas Strippers arguing over politics . . they keep at it forever while everyone in the vicinity suddenly develops anxiety disorders and eventual emotional breakdowns while still hanging on every word hoping for it to make sense, but knowing that there is no Santa Claus.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    I can't even figure out what settings this one crowd hacked and why the other crowd is so ****ed.

    It's like 2 Vegas Strippers arguing over politics . . they keep at it forever while everyone in the vicinity suddenly develops anxiety disorders and eventual emotional breakdowns while still hanging on every word hoping for it to make sense, but knowing that there is no Santa Claus.
    .
    ..
    ...
    ....
    ......but I'm a size 32w.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    I can't even figure out what settings this one crowd hacked and why the other crowd is so ****ed.

    It's like 2 Vegas Strippers arguing over politics . . they keep at it forever while everyone in the vicinity suddenly develops anxiety disorders and eventual emotional breakdowns while still hanging on every word hoping for it to make sense, but knowing that there is no Santa Claus.
    Post of the year?
  20. #60  
    well for the few that notice that their volume has been turned all the way down its the" no alert during call " patch is screwy and you will not hear calls or notifications when they came in. Just sayin.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions