View Poll Results: How often do you recieve late or missed calls and texts on your Sprint Palm Pre?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Frequently!

    49 31.82%
  • Rarely

    53 34.42%
  • Not at all...I think

    52 33.77%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 107
  1. #21  
    This has happened to me once. My girlfriend tried calling me and she got upset. I never got a phone call from her. She said my phone was ringing on her end but my phone never picked up the call... Or perhaps the Phone app didn't register it?
  2. #22  
    yea ivebeen missing alot of texts then all of a sudden when i open the messenger they all come piling in at once! kind of a pain cause im a text junkie, as most of the world i suppose...
  3. #23  
    Ever since 1.4 I get the issue after extended no use of the phone such as txting/calling (after sleep- or just late night when relaxing) I have been missed at least 5 calls so far ( thank you google voice ) A restart of the phone fixes the issues but it has been to much.

    Seems to happen when you leave the phone to idle for 3+(might not be the exact number was a guesstimate) hours.

    For one I was supposta watch the kid and I did not end up knowing until he was being dropped off... I am thinking about ditching the pre and or sprint if this continues :-/
  4. #24  
    I'm actually missing less calls with the Pre than I did with my 800w. That one I tested myself over a few days, calling myself from my landline. It'd ring twice on the caller's end before my cell would ring. That seems to have been partially solved, it still rings once before my Pre rings, but to be fair, even my landline will ring once for the caller before my phone actually decided to let me know.

    Like the other guys said, its a mobile phone, and very reliant on tracking you down when you get a call. Expect a delay before you hear a ring. I make it a point to tell whoever I need to call me back that its my cell number, leave a VM if I don't answer, I may be either out of service range. Never had an issue in nearly 16 years of cell usage. Otherwise, I give a landline number that's foolproof and plan on being near the phone around the time of the call I need. Honestly, if the call is life changing, and you cannot afford to miss it, using a mobile, somewhat unreliable number as your sole contact isn't very good planning on your part.
  5. shcole's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #25  
    Has everyone insured that you updated network settings and PRL?
  6. #26  
    I'm not going to vote because the "no" option is obviously biased. I have never been told by anyone in my time having this phone that someone has called or texted and my phone not told me about.
  7. #27  
    I had this problem and took the phone into the Sprint store, also had a bad volume rocker. They replaced the phone with a refurb and I was having the problem again once I updated to 1.4. Since last night I did a PRL and a network update. To my knowledge I haven't had an issue yet today. Might want to try the updates if you are in 1.4.
  8. #28  
    What is a PRL?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    Has everyone insured that you updated network settings and PRL?
    It's one of the first things I did, among countless other checks before ranting.

    At any rate I fixed the problem...

    I didn't think that after the update they would change my network settings. I thought it was something I'd have to do only once. I had to go in and re-hack the settings, and now everything is working great again.

    I performed 30 call tests (15 Land/15 Cell) and also 30 text message tests over a 6hr time span. The phone responded everytime, with no more fails. I'll be doing the test again tonight to make sure I have a good data set.

    So yes people...in the end it was something wrong with the phone, as I stated. The stock settings weren't interfacing with the network around me correctly and had to be hacked in order to function properly.

    Haven't had a MAJOR network problem from Sprint in the almost 8 years I've had them (unless you count that whole East Coast Blackout lol)...so I didn't believe it was them.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    What is a PRL?
    It stands for "Preferred Roaming List", and it is used by the phone to locate different cell systems.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  11. #31  
    So you hacked the phone settings and then expected them to be exactly the same after a major update?

    Sounds more like User error more than Phone error....specially since you had to re-hack it to fix it.
  12. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #32  
    I run a youth soccer club and the Secretary on the board sends out text messages to our coaches once in a while to get out info. Her texts have gotten to me 24 hours later, or the same text will arrive 3-4 times over 3-4 hours. This isn't because of my phone, as it happens to many of our coaches (and so she has now been told to stop sending texts to coaches because of a problem resulting in late texts). She is not using a Pre, she has a Blackberry. This Blackberry is with Nextel (so Sprint netwrok).

    I lean more towards the Sprint network being the problem then anything else.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    So you hacked the phone settings and then expected them to be exactly the same after a major update?

    Sounds more like User error more than Phone error....specially since you had to re-hack it to fix it.
    It's something I set...and then forgot I did.

    If we wanna get really specific...I shouldn't have to hack network settings for my phone to work in an area it's supposed to in the first place...correct?
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    It's something I set...and then forgot I did.

    If we wanna get really specific...I shouldn't have to hack network settings for my phone to work in an area it's supposed to in the first place...correct?
    Actually, since day one of having a PRE and being on this forum, its kind have been second nature to ALWAYS update Network and PRL settings after an update.

    Maybe there needs to be a small reminder on the next update.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Actually, since day one of having a PRE and being on this forum, its kind have been second nature to ALWAYS update Network and PRL settings after an update.

    Maybe there needs to be a small reminder on the next update.
    Yes. Updating Network Settings and PRL (the both of which aren't hacks). NOT getting your MSN and changing things like your Home Base, MMG settings, and netowrk routing.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I run a youth soccer club and the Secretary on the board sends out text messages to our coaches once in a while to get out info. Her texts have gotten to me 24 hours later, or the same text will arrive 3-4 times over 3-4 hours. This isn't because of my phone, as it happens to many of our coaches (and so she has now been told to stop sending texts to coaches because of a problem resulting in late texts). She is not using a Pre, she has a Blackberry. This Blackberry is with Nextel (so Sprint netwrok).

    I lean more towards the Sprint network being the problem then anything else.
    What state are you living in? Here in Michigan (where I use the phone the most), we pretty much have solid Sprint/Nextel coverage.

    And this brings up another sort of side-issue-question thing. People I know who are on Nextel say that their coverage is still good because the two still use separate sources or whatever. Yet when something goes wrong, they blame it on the Sprint.

    So are Sprint and Nextel finally 103% merged together yet? I'm cloudy on this little tid-bit.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Yes. Updating Network Settings and PRL (the both of which aren't hacks). NOT getting your MSN and changing things like your Home Base, MMG settings, and netowrk routing.

    Like I said you made hacks to change your PRE, and when its was updated(Which changes all kinds of coding within the phone), your hacks no longer worked.

    That is human error for not remembering to make the same hacks again, which obviously was your solution after all.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    Like I said you made hacks to change your PRE, and when its was updated(Which changes all kinds of coding within the phone), your hacks no longer worked.

    That is human error for not remembering to make the same hacks again, which obviously was your solution after all.
    Hahaha ok. There's a saying here in Michigan "Drive 90mph down I-94, and there is always someone willing to pass you by".
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
  19. #39  
    I had this issue a lot with the Treo Pro. Not with the Pre.

    It's happened with the Pre but with the newer updates and Sprint improving their network.. I usually find my Verizon friends who are delayed. =p
  20. #40  
    FWIW, I was having delayed text messages on my previous phone as well.(still have them on my Pre, but much less) Never missed calls though. (Sprint btw)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions