Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Bought youview, think it's a great app. I especially like the conditional greetings and would like to use them but I don't want to have to manually enter all of my contacts...so here's my problem.

All of my contacts with phone numbers are only on my Pre and then, I suppose, Palm's cloud backup.

I know youview can import contacts from google, but from what I can tell there's no way to export the my phone contacts to google. Selecting google for syncing doesn't seem to do this...only says new contacts will be sync'd.

Youview has a contacts sync selection, but when I selected it, it only worked one-way...ie; my youview contact list sync'd to my Pre, but not from my Pre to youview.

Ideally I'd like a non-patch solution to exporting my contacts to google as a secondary backup, but even just a non-patch method of syncing them to youview would be great.

Any advice? I did a forums search but it seems like the only things I found involved patching, which I prefer not to do.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    you have to go to youmail's web site , fill in your profile info and from there you can import your contacts from google and a few other methods.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I get that, but I don't know how to get my contacts' phone numbers from my Pre into google. Selecting google as a sync option doesn't seem to actually send the phone numbers into gmail/google.
    I explained the method I used here.
    The OP must have his phone contacts in the Palm Profile. He needs a way to export the contacts from the Palm Profile into Google Contacts.

There were some posts on the forums that talked about a way to do it by exporting a database file, but it was somewhat involved and complicated.

I don't know a way to do it other than one-by-one. You can email a contact, which will attach the contact as a vCard file, which can then be imported into Google. But of course that's a pain if you have hundreds of contacts.

Anybody else got any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I explained the method I used here.
    I see you found a method that worked for you... Cool.
    Yeah, if you use the patch I mentioned, it'll export ALL contacts (including Palm Profile) ones, via a single .vcf file.