Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok good lord I am now at the point of screaming in frustration over the: one thing goes wrong after the update.

It's a phone. No technology runs perfect.. so think about it.. computer program shuts down.......xbox overheats......what piece of technology do you own that is pure perfection?

I am sorry that you are running into problems because I am not. I was actually getting a little ticked about the battery life before 1.4. But now it runs great. It last longer than ever before, now it gets me through my 14 hour day. Thanks palm for the update. To the people working at palm: I know you guys are working hard to improve your phone and I appreciate it. I feel better now, you can flame or hate me if you want but I was doing this more for myself. Have a nice night!

p.s. Thanks for the awesome facebook update!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    Ok good lord I am now at the point of screaming in frustration over the: one thing goes wrong after the update.

It's a phone. No technology runs perfect.. so think about it.. computer program shuts down.......xbox overheats......what piece of technology do you own that is pure perfection?

I am sorry that you are running into problems because I am not. I was actually getting a little ticked about the battery life before 1.4. But now it runs great. It last longer than ever before, now it gets me through my 14 hour day. Thanks palm for the update. To the people working at palm: I know you guys are working hard to improve your phone and I appreciate it. I feel better now, you can flame or hate me if you want but I was doing this more for myself. Have a nice night!

+1
    i love my Pre more then ever .
    This is the first update that I have had issues with (at least not of my own making)...
    no problems here ever. Have over 40 patches and never had an issue.
    Mine runs like a top.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My battery has been great since the update, but I am getting the freezing and rebooting. Also, the volume glitch
    Whats Your Opinion on the 1.4 Update

Check it out, write down your experience. I want to get a good overview of how many people are having what, if any problems

Yes, same here. Battery life is exponentially better. I can practically go all day without recharge and that didn't happen previous so something has changed in 1.4. My Pre runs much smoother, faster, and things simply seem more polished, but I could just be imagining better times. Some additions like the latest Facebook app and video recording rock. They aren't quite perfect yet...video recording can hang on occasion, but at least we have it and I can always live with the bump in the road till things get better. Think about how good Facebook went from version 1.0 till now...WOW what a blessing!!!

To be honest I don't really know how good things have gotten, simply because nothing is as obvious as it used to be problems wise. Except, maybe calendar that still hangs on occasion, but most everything else moves pretty fast and I know one things for certain...I am nolonger getting the dreaded "too many cards open" or at least not in a while. Maybe I'm running less apps...

I'm very pleased and I'm sure I'm not alone. Sorli...
    You are just a one of the silent majority of Pre owners that are pleased with the 1.4 update!!! Awesome job Palm!!!
    i to have had random slowdown and restarts even after running the dr. PS can someone give us an app to backup game saves.
    Hey my phone runs even better than ever! I am a very happy camper and am soooo stoked that I have a decent Facebook app to use!
    My phone has been running great since the update. However as im typing this my phone just did a random restart =/I just sat it on the touchstone.
    I had like two restarts and two phone app lags. At the end, wth only 1000 employees... you guys are doing great! looking foward to more!

LOL, how old are you? Glad to see you just got here, so you probably have just gotten your pre..... just sayin
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    LOL, how old are you? Glad to see you just got here, so you probably have just gotten your pre..... just sayin
    well I'm in my twenties and I have only been a member for over amonth to the site. I just get frustrated when I come to the forum hoping for some fresh discussions and just see people complaining about the same stuff over and over good grief.
    No issues - love my pre.

Have had a few niggles since i've owned it, but none worth coming onto the boards and making a big fuss over something you can sort out yourself.

Loving it!
    Love mine too, especially with the 1.4 update.

The cause of the restarts has been identified as a bug on the software and Palm knows about it and is supposed to get a fix out soon. (From the Dev forum)
    i have the restart problem nut other than that i am great here
    I have had a couple of minor issues, but reboots and removing the battery (all suggested in posts here) have solved my issues. Performance appears better, I don't get the mystery reboots, volume issues and after re-downloading Battery Monitor and running tests I am convinced I get better battery life. I also love the video recorder, one thing I am really happy about is the voice recording quality. I had a 800w, the video quality was terrible, but the voice quality was horrible. I expect we will get a good voice recorder soon.

One thing that may be different in my environment, about 2-3 updates ago (1.3?) I decided that I would not use themes until after 1.4. I have not reinstalled a theme and probably won't. Prior to 1.3 I removed my theme and patches before upgrading each time. I have no idea if that has prevented me from having problems others are having then and now?

I am sure there are some here that are having equipment related problems that have been exacerbated by the mods, or the mods have made it tougher to diagnose the culprit.

With that said I haven't had problems, I have 53 Packages installed and I am a happy camper.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    No issues to complain about here. 1.4 update has been running just fine with patches.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast