Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've seen an increase in battery life as well, but only after I disabled the blink notification. That blinking light really drains the battery.

If you're like me -- and get tons of e-mails and texts all day long and you're constantly checking the device, I'd turn it off since the blinking light does no good when the phone is in your pocket.

I turn the blink notification on during weekends, when my phone usually sits on a table at home.

Except for the buggy camera app, 1.4 is great here.

Good day.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    We have two Pre's. One went without a hitch and one not. My wife's Pre has minimal patches, etc. so it was a breeze and no problems at all. Mine not so much but I was planning to full erase and Doctor with 1.4.0 anyway so no worries.

Because my Dr. was planned, +2 here. Love 1.4
    I just downloaded 1.4 from Bell yesterday. Had all my programs deleted and all patches removed before I updated. No problems whatsoever and only took me a few minutes to download them back onto my phone. Nice update.
    My battery life has gotten WAAAAY better since 1.4 update. I can go the whole day without having to charge. Also have not gotten a crash and well I just feel that my Pre has overall good.. no, great improvement.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=ejohnnyk;2284494]I've seen an increase in battery life as well, but only after I disabled the blink notification. That blinking light really drains the battery.QUOTE]

interesting...i will disable this is as well and perhaps improve an already better battery life, post 1.4 update....

got 90 patches on it too and not a hitch
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    That's great. My battery life has not increased in any way.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I get a reboot on occasion, but it is usually once a day/every other day. I am not complaining at all about that though, my battery life has become a great deal better and everything runs just a little smoother.
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    this update has been amazing for me. No problems.
    100% a-ok on my part

great update!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I have no issues at all.

Coming from the WinMo world where I was constantly "hacking" it, I think most people that have issues are the one's who patched their Pre with homebrew ect. Of course there's genuine Pres that have encountered problems but I think the majority have no issues with 1.4.

We should do a poll.
    I have better battery life better performance only bad thing is the random freezes then restarting but meh i can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I've seen an increase in battery life as well, but only after I disabled the blink notification. That blinking light really drains the battery.

If you're like me -- and get tons of e-mails and texts all day long and you're constantly checking the device, I'd turn it off since the blinking light does no good when the phone is in your pocket.

I turn the blink notification on during weekends, when my phone usually sits on a table at home.

Except for the buggy camera app, 1.4 is great here.

Good day.
    How do I turn off the blink notification?
    hey go to screen lock and it will be there.
    Thanks blatherdrift!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    Ok good lord I am now at the point of screaming in frustration over the: one thing goes wrong after the update.

It's a phone. No technology runs perfect.. so think about it.. computer program shuts down.......xbox overheats......what piece of technology do you own that is pure perfection?

I am sorry that you are running into problems because I am not. I was actually getting a little ticked about the battery life before 1.4. But now it runs great. It last longer than ever before, now it gets me through my 14 hour day. Thanks palm for the update. To the people working at palm: I know you guys are working hard to improve your phone and I appreciate it. I feel better now, you can flame or hate me if you want but I was doing this more for myself. Have a nice night!

p.s. Thanks for the awesome facebook update!
    SONY PSP = Pure perfection
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    hmm,,my xbox never over heats,,its been on for 3 hours as we speak
    I haven't had any real change in battery life with any update to the Pre since release.

Ya know, every update we hear people saying "OMG MY BATTERY IS WORSE" and "OMZGZ I LOVE PALMZ MY BATTERY IS SOOO MUCH BETTER" and I honestly don't believe either group.

I think people just read "enhancements in battery life" on the patch notes and some people trick themselves into believing it's true and others do the opposite for it being false-- or maybe they stop using/start using their phone more.

I've used about 7% of battery [with my after market battery] per hour since I bought it.

That was back at 1.0.4.
    I've had my pre since October been through the update process three times two of which using epr. This update has been by far the best experience on he phone. Not only did AUPT ensure no more hard work, epr, and 6 hours of loading, initializing, installing for webosqi for my 60-70 some odd patches, but after the update I noticed an immediate speed performance increase and significant battery drain decrease. I was hoping I wasnt the only one lol. Plus, now that I've figures out how to get my cpu clocked to 600mhz, its now like the update has brought the power of the phone gods to the pre. Along with Facebook, keep the updates coming palm, great job!
    Do we really need another rant against rants?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Battery life will always be a variable subjective thing because it depends heavily on the users specific usage of the device. Certain things/tasks consume more power than others.

That said, there was improvement for me with 1.4 in general. I don't have any fancy battery monitoring homebrew installed so I won't bullsh*t a %per hr number, but for a chunk of my day the phone is forced to stay on my belt unmolested by me for several hours (with WiFi on as WiFi is available) right after being removed from the charger. 1.35.1 resulted in a mostly full battery (white icon but near the top.) 1.4 has thus far consistently resulted in a green icon at first look when I can use my phone again.

Of course as stated above, this "test" is only valid for me. Both pre/post 1.4 the same background tasks would be occuring, Twee update every 15min, weather dashboard every hour, and three gmail accounts set to as messages arrive. My Pre is set to promtp me about location services at the launch of a requiring app, so unless I leave google maps up after my drive (which does impact the bat noticeably,) gps is off during this period.

I only just installed WOSQI and Preware a long with 5-6 patches this weekend so no idea how that may have changed things yet.

So basically, I don't think that Palm is lying about "improvements to battery life" but that such claims are by nature YMMV depending on usage habits what apps you run (and leave running in the background) etc. NFSU is a bat killer, I run it only occasionally, if you play it all the time your not going to see so much bat life improvement.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12