1.    #1  
    The ESPN full site is noticeable slower with 1.4 now. Why is that and is there anyway to fix that? I know there is the mobile ESPN site but I like the full version.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    The ESPN full site is noticeable slower with 1.4 now. Why is that and is there anyway to fix that? I know there is the mobile ESPN site but I like the full version.
    How can you load the full site BTW? Do you have to use a user-agent spoof?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I put espn.go.com into address bar. It takes extremely long for the page to load now. Before 1.4 it wasn't nearly this long. It will load though.
    Wow it is slow. I shouldn't have tried that. It froze up my pixi for a min.
    If you think it's slow now wait till the flash plugin comes out.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It used to work great, now i don't even bother anymore.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kebo3473 View Post
    It used to work great, now i don't even bother anymore.
    Yea I'm the same way. It kinda locks up my Pre as well. Doesn't the site have some pop ups? I wonder if the pop up patch would make it run better? Not that it will do me any good but I'm going to ask my friend to see if the site is slow with his Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the problem is that the browser is more standards compliant now so it's executing code that it hadn't before. What does this mean? It means some features that may have not worked before (or worked correctly) now do. In turn it takes more time to load the features.

- Phil -
  10.    #10  
    Friend says his Pre Plus loads the espn full site in 4 seconds. I notice the site seems to lag even on my computer with high speed. weird
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    How can you load the full site BTW? Do you have to use a user-agent spoof?
    scroll all the way down to the bottom of the mobile site and you'll see "espn.com". that will get you to the full size web site...same with msnbc.com (in cae you care about world news, too). No patches required...
  12.    #12  
    I think espn.go.com is the full site. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get the full site when I had the iPhone spook patch. It sent me to the espn mobile version.
  13.    #13  
    ESPN full site doesn't lag now with the 1.4.1.1 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker55 View Post
    ESPN full site doesn't lag now with the 1.4.1.1 update.
    thanks for the update...the mobile site sucks so I'm glad to be back to the regular site