Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Possibly a new Palm with a land scape slider? Form factor looks identical to Pre.

Project Pink QWERTY slider 'Pure' found in the wild, headed for Verizon? -- Engadget

What do you think?
    No relation. And I'm curious: why do you say this form factor looks like the Pre, and not just a sort of stubby landscape slider?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    No relation. And I'm curious: why do you say this form factor looks like the Pre, and not just a sort of stubby landscape slider?
    The phone itself, the main face of it, is an exact copy of the Pre. From the rounded edges to the ear piece. The only difference is it's landscape keyboard.
    i wouldn't say a pre rip off... those phones look gay
    I'd say these phone look like brennan7....

But anyway, they do seem strange, too big to fit comfortably in a pocket but defiantly a strange resemblance to a pixi/pre hybrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'd say these phone look like brennan7....

But anyway, they do seem strange, too big to fit comfortably in a pocket but defiantly a strange resemblance to a pixi/pre hybrid.
    uncalled for sir
    The Pink stuff is really just a Sidekick replacement. It's most likely easier to design a solid slider mechanism than the way the Sidekicks flip around.
    project pink has been rumored since 2008, supposedly the successor to the sidekick since microsoft bought danger
    haha good old conflipper.....(good old wm days)
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    The phone itself, the main face of it, is an exact copy of the Pre. From the rounded edges to the ear piece. The only difference is it's landscape keyboard.
    Well, that's pretty much what I mean: the Pre is designed entirely around its portrait screen and keyboard orientation. Having both a screen and keyboard in landscape orientation, I don't really see what's Pre-like about this design.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by driver60 View Post
    that's the "turtle" in that article

here's both the "turtle" and the "pure"

every slider is now a Pre ripoff, including the new BlackBerry.

and you guys talk about the Apple crowd being snobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    every slider is now a Pre ripoff, including the new BlackBerry.

and you guys talk about the Apple crowd being snobby.
    +1

having round edge's doesn't make it a "rip off"

and as you can see in the pic i posted, the "ear piece" talked about by the OP is actually a button
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    that's the "turtle" in that article

here's both the "turtle" and the "pure"

Now the big mystery is who Jessica Smithson, and why she has two phones with the same OS on the same carrier, that both look like they kinda suck...
    God, those are some ugly phones.
    now i know what a Pre would look like with a landscape keyboard and honestly, i like it....

gimme that + webOS + 1GHZ CPU + AMOLED screen and you have a perfect addition to the Palm family
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    pffftt....pure.

the turtle looks perfect for skipping across a pond. i've become a phonist(phone racist).

PRE POWER!!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    uncalled for sir
    You do realize he was responding to your post using the word gay in regards to a phone.

I'm not gay, but it seemed pretty apparent that he was making light of your ape like comment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast