1.    #1  
    Can someone please help me understand this better?

"Keep Wi-Fi On" - Best for prolonging battery life in most cases

"Turn Wi-Fi Off" - May provide beter battery life when conected to some Wi-Fi Networks.

I'm assuming the one that says On keeps my Wi-Fi on at all times? If so this thing is broken. Until the update I was able to have my wi-fi on even when the screen was off, I get no reception at my job so I rely on Wi-Fi alone.

Basically I need to know which one keeps my Wi-Fi on all day the way it did before 1.4.

Am I wrong? Should it be set to Off?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    off only turns it off if you put the phone to sleep. If you have it on the charger it will still be on.
    I have mine set to go off when the phone sleeps. When I leave my house I just flat out turn it off because I really only use it at home.
  4.    #4  
    What I mean by sleep, my phone lcd turns off the phone is still on just in airplane mode w/wifi on.
    Mine has also being going off since 1.4.....i thought i was the only one..it does it sporadically......Like. sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt do it.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi,

I use WIFI all day. At the office and at home and I have set the sleep mode to "ON". But several times, when I took my Pre to look something up after a while:

The Wifi-Symbol is GONE and turns after a second.

The Sleep-Setting must be broken IMO. I checked the settings several times and did a reset also.

mgmFT
    Last edited by mgmft; 03/05/2010 at 02:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Could it also be, that after an outage of WiFi, the Pre doesn`t reconnect, because the interval time to search for WiFi might be longer (since 1.4.0 maybe to increase battery life) ???

But then, the WiFi-Symbol should just be darker and not completely gone, when I turn on my Pre!?