View Poll Results: How is your 1.4 experience?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Everything is running fine without a problem...

79 57.66%
  • Okay, i have a few problems but nothing major...

49 35.77%
  • Terrible, Fail on Palm's Part...

5 3.65%
  • Other... Please Post Reason

4 2.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

So, over the past week about we've gotten to play around with webOS 1.4. I've seen threads praising it, and i've seen threads bashing the living hell out of it.

So my question to everyone is, How is your 1.4 experience going?
    My webOS experience has improved by 1.4 times.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    All is good, with the exception that Google maps now seems to take forever to open. I also hoped they would fix the "not enough memory" error when trying to play 3D games.
    so you said in yr post that you seen many threads talking about likes and dislike about 1.4. My question is ,why did you start another one?
    1.4=win
    personally, I think the video capability is good. However I don't see an improvement in speed or battery life. I think palm just mentioned that for a placebo effect. What I really wanted to see with 1.4 was flash capablity. Clearly it did not come so I can't say much about that. I will say that I have no problems with the phone, it runs like a solid phone should. All the anticipation we had for 1.4 never lived up to the hype.
    Oops! I thought this was the 1.5 thread. sorry!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    so you said in yr post that you seen many threads talking about likes and dislike about 1.4. My question is ,why did you start another one?
    lol, yeah that.
  9.    #9  
    Hoping a mod will combine them into one thread. and plus, this one is a poll for all users, not just a thread either bashing or loving it.
    this is for all users,,not just for people who either like it or dislike it. That does not make sense. Lol
  11.    #11  
    this is for all users,,not just for people who either like it or dislike it. That does not make sense. Lol
    yes... yes it does. Every other thread is either A: Bashing it, or B: saying it works well.

I simply want to poll everyone who cares to participate and see what the overall experience is.

Is it that confusing?
    ok I give up,,for some reason I wanted to be dificult,,im sorry.
    Generally better - faster web page rendering, a little snappier overall.
    Downside is some loss of stability manifesting as random luna resets.
  14.    #14  
    ok I give up,,for some reason I wanted to be dificult,,im sorry.
    FINALLY! lol
    the only problem i have is that its been restarting about 3 time a day. hope they fix this soon.
    I have had no issues with this phone ever.1.4 is nice,,,i like it. Video recording is nice to have and I can now use the regular full Facebook website almost as good as if I had a laptop. So I have to give the update 2 thumbs up. I have over 40 patches and left them in when I updated. Have not had any issues.
  17.    #17  
    i for one had to say its goin ok. i have had the random luna restarts, too lazy to do anything about it tho
    No issues here, really happy with the improvements that came in the 1.4 update...
    My experience has been one of hatred! My Pre almost dies 3 hours sooner now and must go on the TS soon as I get home. The lock icon loves to float on my active cards has opposed to my lock screen. I am pretty sure there is something in PreWare or one of the patches that I installed that is causing this, so this weekend I am going back to stock Pre for a few days to see if the problems still exist.

Overall, not happy. Video recording is sweet, but why oh why did they shove it in the camera app and not make it a separate deal? I really hope they can fix that issue quickly because it's annoying and laggy going into the camera app to get to video recording.

EDIT - I also have the stupid volume icon bug that drives me bananas....B..A..N..A..N..A...BANANAS!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast