View Poll Results: Is your universal search results in a foreign language?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes! damn annoying!

15 68.18%
  • No, its in the correct language.

7 31.82%
  • Other - please specify.

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    well it seems palm still havent fixed this issue, not sure if its something to do with o2 or not, but still !

anyway just wanted to make a poll, to see if its just a handful of people or everyone..

hopefully this will also get noticed by palm and the precentral podcast fella's
    Had this issue with 1.3.5.1.

Thankfully 1.4.0 seems to have fixed it, well, for me anyway
    Google thinks your IP has you in a German speaking area so it returns German resaults. This happens to me in the Las Vegas airport sometimes...but only there.
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    Its not just Palm Pre problem. Take almost any phone to another country and it will display Google search in local language. I had the same thing with Sony Ericsson G900 and the worst thing was that you couldn't change the default behavior.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vladi View Post
    Its not just Palm Pre problem. Take almost any phone to another country and it will display Google search in local language. I had the same thing with Sony Ericsson G900 and the worst thing was that you couldn't change the default behavior.
    but im not in germany, im in the UK and it keeps switching to the german google each time i use the universal search :S
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I've seen this quirk from time to time in *every* WebOS version on the Pre.
    I've had it return results in Spanish, and French.. etc..
    I think it's a load balancing quirk with Google. It thinks your local
    google servers are slow so it's rerouting queries somewhere faster.

ian
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I've seen this quirk from time to time in *every* WebOS version on the Pre.
    I've had it return results in Spanish, and French.. etc..
    I think it's a load balancing quirk with Google. It thinks your local
    google servers are slow so it's rerouting queries somewhere faster.

ian
    is there a patch for it?
    This is the first time this has happened to me, I've heard of this happening and I can't recall how to fix it.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Just ignore it. It'll eventually switch back.

ian
    It happens to me frequently. I'm in San Francisco on Sprint. I've had it switch to Spanish 5 or 6 times. I'm almost positive it has switched to a couple of other languages also.

There is always a link at the bottom of the page that says something like: "Google in English" so it is easy to switch back, but it clears your search terms and you have to re-enter them.

I think it should stick to your chosen language with a link on the bottom to search locally in a different language. That would make more sense to me.