1.    #1  
    I did a forum search but didn't find any threads to address my issues.

I'm new to both Palm and smartphones, having bought a Verizon Pre Plus just two weeks ago. The first issue was spontaneous shutting-down, which it started doing immediately. Verizon replaced the battery. Issue solved.

Today, I can't get any 3G reception, no matter where I am. Also, my keyboard stopped working completely. A restart failed to rectify it. I then completely shut the phone off, waited five minutes, and then powered it back on. Keyboard then worked again. But I still have no 3G reception, even though I'm in my normal area where it's always been fine, so I can't send or receive pictures or attachments. I'm trying hard to love this phone. The software and interface very much appeal to me, and I like the fact that it's customizable. But I've only had it for two weeks, it's still stock (except for 1.4 update), and the thing is seemingly in a state of failure. It's very frustrating, and I just wanted to vent about it.

I'll be heading over to the Verizon store again, tonight, to see what can be done about the phone.

Cliff
    It's likely you have bad hardware. Trip back to the store is the right move. I know people who have had zero issues and some who are on #3. Luck of the draw....but ya, it does seem to ne more problem prone than many other smartphones.

Let Palm know about your issues:
    http://www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 03/04/2010 at 04:37 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Try in the dial pad menu updating network setting and prl, also thought I read on here that verizon has been network issue's
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the replies.

I didn't come across a network-update option anywhere in the dial pad's menu, or anywhere at all. I checked for general updates, at which point the phone registered a 3G connection and told me my updates were current. The 3G icon has been gray all day. I tried in vain to send and receive attachments from about 10 a.m. til the time I got home. Just now I was able to send one of the picture texts that I couldn't send earlier in the day. Just for a lark, I went to the failed message, tapped the failure notification icon, and hit Send Again. The 3G icon went white, the message was sent, and then the icon reverted to gray. Is it gray by default, unless the phone needs a 3G connection, or should it be white so long as the coverage is available?
    just fyi verizon has been having nationwide data outages the last few days, you might just be a victim of that, im not sure if verizon has fixed the problem or not.
    Yeah, I read that to in MSN news that Verizon was having nationwide data outages.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCutter View Post
    Thank you for the replies.

I didn't come across a network-update option anywhere in the dial pad's menu, or anywhere at all. I checked for general updates, at which point the phone registered a 3G connection and told me my updates were current. The 3G icon has been gray all day. I tried in vain to send and receive attachments from about 10 a.m. til the time I got home. Just now I was able to send one of the picture texts that I couldn't send earlier in the day. Just for a lark, I went to the failed message, tapped the failure notification icon, and hit Send Again. The 3G icon went white, the message was sent, and then the icon reverted to gray. Is it gray by default, unless the phone needs a 3G connection, or should it be white so long as the coverage is available?
    gray means its idle, white means its sending i believe. or other way around.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre