Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK before everyone starts bashing me for this.... NO ONE WANTS TO RESTART THEIR DAMN PHONE EVERY TIME THEY WANT TO PLAY A 3D GAME!

ok... so we got that out of the way. By the way this isn't a complaint just stating a question, so moderators please do not move this to the complaint section. Thanks..

So 1.4 was the greatest thing to ever happen to the phone. Compatibility with flash, awesome video recording with scene editing and blink notifications. That was an great addition and i congratulate Palm on doing that. However, how come they haven't address the Too many cards error for playing games. It gets really annoying have to restart this device everytime I want to play Assasins Creed or Gangstar. So do you think that palm will address this problem in 1.4.5 or maybe 1.5? Also is palm pre plus users having this same problem?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    It seems the Pre (not plus) has barely enough memory for one game and maybe one other app. The rest is being used by OS, services, background tasks, etc. There is only so much that can be done in code. Ultimately, you need hardware to take care of it too.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I DLed the Assassin's Creed demo, closed all my cards and tried to play it and got the damn TMC error. Pathetic. I especially love it when I can't even open a single app - NOTHING! - from a no card state. Double pathetic. Add on the 10 minute (note: slight exaggeration) boot time and the suck never stops.
    doesn't work with assassin's creed but sometimes if it gives you too many cards error w/everything closed already, try, try and try opening the program again. I think it tries to garbage collect and clean the memory when that error shows. Doesn't always work and reboot is still needed at times
    *rolls eyes* I have opened up multiple 3D games on my palm pre(NOT A PLUS) with no problem I think I got to atleast 6 3D games before I got the too many cards error. If you guys are having these problems its obvious that something is wrong try doctoring or getting a replacement.

-Toaster
    Yeah I don't have problems either, but there was a guy here who had called Palm tech support and reached a level 2 tech and reported that they were unaware of this issue, and while unlikely could be one of the reasons 1.4 didn't fix it for you.

However, there are other solutions, like downloading the keytoss patch and running the garbage collection command, which is much faster and works for me sometimes.
    I think it's a matter of all Pre's not being created equal. So many different pre'mies (for lack of better nicknames) having different issues and all. Maybe some manufacturing incosistancies (sp?) ?
    I don't have many problems, but I have noticed i'm getting this error more often with 1.4. The music player is definitely a problem with my phone in causing the error. What's annoying is that the error now comes in the middle of applications whereas before it was just when trying to open a card! It would be great if palm could fix it, but in the mean time, anyone want to come up with a patch for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    ...but there was a guy here who had called Palm tech support and reached a level 2 tech and reported that they were unaware of this issue, and while unlikely could be one of the reasons 1.4 didn't fix it for you.
    Well, if they are aware of the problem now hopefully a real fix will be avaialble soon!

This is one of my biggest problems!!
  11.    #11  
    I hope it comes in 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by d0llarm3nu View Post
    OK before everyone starts bashing me for this.... NO ONE WANTS TO RESTART THEIR DAMN PHONE EVERY TIME THEY WANT TO PLAY A 3D GAME!

ok... so we got that out of the way. By the way this isn't a complaint just stating a question, so moderators please do not move this to the complaint section. Thanks..

So 1.4 was the greatest thing to ever happen to the phone. Compatibility with flash, awesome video recording with scene editing and blink notifications. That was an great addition and i congratulate Palm on doing that. However, how come they haven't address the Too many cards error for playing games. It gets really annoying have to restart this device everytime I want to play Assasins Creed or Gangstar. So do you think that palm will address this problem in 1.4.5 or maybe 1.5? Also is palm pre plus users having this same problem?
    palm already knows about this and is working on the fix so chill out man please !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    perhaps Palm cant upgrade your RAM with an OTA.... (if thats whats causing the issue)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    READ MY TEXT...3RD PARTY APPS ARE THE CAUSE!!!!

It's gettin a little old now. I think my team and I are going to make a post and request it stickied.

For the %exponent% time, the 1.0 Pre is fine, poor 3rd party app design is the culprit.

Don't buy it?

1. Purge all your apps.
    2. Download 1 3D game.
    3. Open as many stock apps as you want.
    4. Open the 3D game.
    5. Open more stock apps.
    6. Open the 3D game again.
    7. Voila! Apps work perfect.

Start downloading 3rd party apps and repeat the test and I guarantee TMC will be in your future.
    I'm all doctor'd up, and I still can't open a 3D game without running into this problem. In fact, I no longer play any of the games I purchased, nor will I buy any more until this is fixed. For those of you who don't have this problem, bully for you, but sorry, it's real, and it's a PITA.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    @Adam

Did you load a new Palm Profile? If not then you just downloaded the SAME 3RD PARTY apps that are causing your problem.

Trust me, 3 Pre's with different build dates and dozens of drs later, we've seen a patern. The challenge now is IDing the offending apps.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    i cant even run Gangstar. It always says TMC. Is there an app that prevents apps from loading when the phone starts?
    I rarely ever got this before 1.4. I doctered and now am getting it regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    However, there are other solutions, like downloading the keytoss patch and running the garbage collection command, which is much faster and works for me sometimes.
    OK, I've done some searching, and can't seem to find this keytoss patch. What is it, what does it do, and where is it? I'd love to try it to see if it helps.

I've found that it's hit or miss. Preset Reset is helping a LOT, regular restarts are good, and worst comes to worse, I just restart Java, which frees a lot of memory, and then I'm golden. Once I have the game open, I can usually open between 8-10 cards, and run with no really noticeable lag.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    I can run a 3d game, and 2-5 other cards. I don't have a problem with TMC error. I guess I'm just lucky.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast