Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I only have a few third party apps and no games. I've got chapura, yelp, pandora...

My Pre freezes when deleting a calendar event and have to reboot too many times before it finally deletes. It shows TMC when I view pictures (50 pics) and this is the only app that is opened!This happens now with 1.4 and with Palm's apps...very seldom use third party apps...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    That is strange because I definitely do not have that problem at all. My suggestion is to restart it fresh, run it until you get your next TMC prompt. Tell us how many days and what progs you've run in that time (even if you open and shut them). Remember, many stay open in the background, like brightness unlinked and youview, etc.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    as said, just use Luna Manager and restart luna. thats rather quick and works every time.
    as a gsm user, i have this. I can't open sim3, just says too many cards.
    i can't run more that two webpages for too long, will run into that error soon. Ebay seems to break the phone!

even now when i was typing the phone froze for two seconds
    I own the Palm Pre and 3rd party apps are a big prob that cause the card error more frequently. I deleted some apps that run in the background like Where is my Pre, Switcharoo, and others. Before deleting the apps, I could not open any 3d games without restarting my phone.
    1.4 update did help quite a bit, but not 100%.
    With the apps deleted I can play Assasins Creed, recieve text, read e-mails, open the internet browser, and talk on the phone at the same time without the card error!
    I restart mine daily. There is a leak in the web browser or something, as I get tmc error often when I'm in the browser...
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    I restart mine daily. There is a leak in the web browser or something, as I get tmc error often when I'm in the browser...
    Same here
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'm at GDC currently and spoke to one of the guys who helped make the PDK. He had no clue about this problem. Said he would inform the right people.
    getting this error now all of a sudden with only one card open and trying to click a link to another page, never had this issue before 1.4 in all honesty, what's going on, first battery gets hit, than the phone overall seems laggy lately especially swiping page to page and now the cards, also camera lag is becoming really bad
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I was excited to buy the Shrek cart game and I got the error for the first time when I tried to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodhungrymofo View Post
    I own the Palm Pre and 3rd party apps are a big prob that cause the card error more frequently. I deleted some apps that run in the background like Where is my Pre, Switcharoo, and others. Before deleting the apps, I could not open any 3d games without restarting my phone.
    1.4 update did help quite a bit, but not 100%.
    With the apps deleted I can play Assasins Creed, recieve text, read e-mails, open the internet browser, and talk on the phone at the same time without the card error!
    This.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Having the most effective solution in Preware, which most owners do not have, is even worse.
    Really? It would be better if folks in the homebrew community could fare no better? I would understand if you said that having a better solution available from Preware is not much good to the majority of users who don't or won't homebrew. But to actually say that makes it worse is just silly.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    There is a leak in the web browser or something, as I get tmc error often when I'm in the browser...
    The web browser is the primary culprit for me. If I don't browse, then I get this error much less frequently. If I browse, then I get "too many cards" much, much, MUCH more frequently. I restart multiple times per day, including one or two crashes per day.

I can reboot, open the web browser and nothing else, and get the too many cards error.

I expect that the JavaScript used by some sites is the culprit, but even browsing sites I wouldn't expect to use much JavaScript can cause "too many cards" when I have opened no application but the browser since booting.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Start downloading 3rd party apps and repeat the test and I guarantee TMC will be in your future.
    Are you saying that even having 3rd party apps *installed* is enough to contribute to this? Of course, any service you install via Preware (or other) will use up memory whether or not you explicitly start something. And it's easy to understand how patches could cause memory leaks. But ignoring patches and ignoring services, is there any other 3rd party app that can contribute to a TMC error even though you have never started it since rebooting?

If so, it would be nice to know what apps! (Of course, it is difficult to narrow down, I know.)
    I've never seen the TMC message on my Pre Plus, though I have seen a few problems both with OEM and third party aps. I also believe they started right after installing some 3rd party aps. Google maps wouldn't open for a good while, seemingly right after 1.4 was installed though I hadn't used it for a while before that, and the GPS didn't seem to work at times either. These problems all seemed to go away after many restarts and about 5 days, though a few aps may have been updated during that time as well. The only "freeze" I've had occurred when using an "unapproved for CLASSIC" Palm OS game. I only have one 3-D game but don't use it much, plus 15 to 20 (always changing) other aps. Other than what I said above it's been very stable, and I don't do routine restarts. I think the constant ap updates may help, and 1.4 has been great. I've never used preware, patches, or anything "non-standard". My Touchstone back stopped working for some reason, but a VZW store replaced it for me right away. My only "wish" is a higher resolution screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    Really? It would be better if folks in the homebrew community could fare no better? I would understand if you said that having a better solution available from Preware is not much good to the majority of users who don't or won't homebrew. But to actually say that makes it worse is just silly.
    Worse for Palm, not the users. Think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    *rolls eyes* I have opened up multiple 3D games on my palm pre(NOT A PLUS) with no problem I think I got to atleast 6 3D games before I got the too many cards error. If you guys are having these problems its obvious that something is wrong try doctoring or getting a replacement.

-Toaster
    Do you use Preware, or ru running any patches?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234