Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Maybe you should try making phone calls and not playing games.

It's a cell phone not a gaming system.

just kidding
    well that was mildly annoying

way to waste space
    way to spam...
    I've stopped caring. It just means I will never invest one penny into the WebOS ecosystem until Palm releases hardware on Sprint without this issue. Why pay for apps you'll be forced to close or not even be able to open at all?

I'm tired of handing my phone to a friend, having them click a Twitter or email link, and then this error comes up, and won't go away even if I close ALL cards, thereby requiring the two minute full restart.
    I'vw been getting it more frequently with 1.4, and not just games. Email, messaging, browser-boom, too many cards. It is quite frustrating.
    I got too many cards yesterday like 3 times while using sprint navigation. I didn't even open any apps and it just pop up on it's on.. I had to restart the phone after I got to my location!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    get the Luna Manager or Advanced Reset options from Preware.
    You then have the option to just restart luna, which is much much much faster than rebooting the phone and does the same in terms of free memory.
    Having to restart the OS regularly, no matter how quick, is inexcusable. Period.

Having the most effective solution in Preware, which most owners do not have, is even worse.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The fact that they doubled the RAM for the Pre Plus shows that they feel the amount of RAM in the original Pre was not sufficient. I'm just waiting for them to release something new this Summer so I can upgrade.

I will not be buying any more 3D games.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    If the Pre has 256MB like the Iphone, then this has to be an issue with Multitasking and WebOS. All of our 3d games are ports from the Iphone. 256 MB of ram should be more than enough for this stuff, I think Palm will have a better solution in place. I don't hardly ever see this error and I game on my Pre consistently.
    Have no 3D games. Won't buy a single one as long as this error keeps happening every other day or so.
    1.4 pretty much fixed the issue for me...
    Maybe that's why the iphone doesn't mutlitask because it can't handle it. Apple is smart..
    Problem is, I get this with apps that the iPhone DOES multitask with, like having 3 browser windows and Mail open. The iPhone actually multitasks more reliably than the Pre, in my experience.

I've never had to restart my iPod Touch before or after playing a 3D game. I wouldn't bother buying one for the Pre.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I've never had to restart my iPod Touch before or after playing a 3D game. I wouldn't bother buying one for the Pre.
    Apple knows how their OS works and the hardware that runs on, there's a reason they limit what things you can have open at the same time.

It's obvious that webOS on the original Pre wasn't designed with multi-tasking 3D games in mind.
    I'm confused by all the errors. I have a regular Pre (yes with patches and the like) and I am able to play Deer Hunter, close it and open Dungeon Hunter, close it and run any other program with no problem. I only restart my phone once a day, usually in the morning, to clear it up. I do not leave any programs running during the day and open and close cards as I need them.
    I personally haven't had the issue since 1.3.1 [and then I just used the Lower Swap Threshold patch to correct it]

I think the problem here is people never restart there phone and there are some memory leaks in WebOs.

While I completely agree that they need to be corrected, I would recommend restarting everyday before bedtime.

That way, you don't have to wait around because the phone will be restarted by morning and the issue should be corrected.

I know people say that it's a phone and shouldn't have to be restarted but I had to do this with my Windows mobile phone and my friends have to do this with their Andriod and Blackberrys every once in a while [albeit not everyday].
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    Apple knows how their OS works and the hardware that runs on, there's a reason they limit what things you can have open at the same time.

It's obvious that webOS on the original Pre wasn't designed with multi-tasking 3D games in mind.
    Again, I am having this issue with the native WebOS apps that shipped on launch day. It's not even a matter of this being a third party or 3D game issue.

This is an issue that has plagued many Pre owners for 9 months now. If they haven't fixed it in software by now, they never will. Thus, I will never pay for an app - 3D game or otherwise - for this original Sprint Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Again, I am having this issue with the native WebOS apps that shipped on launch day. It's not even a matter of this being a third party or 3D game issue.

This is an issue that has plagued many Pre owners for 9 months now. If they haven't fixed it in software by now, they never will. Thus, I will never pay for an app - 3D game or otherwise - for this original Sprint Pre.
    The bolded text is an interesting assumption. I wouldn't make that sort of assumption.

Also, how often [if ever] do you restart your Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    The bolded text is an interesting assumption. I wouldn't make that sort of assumption.

Also, how often [if ever] do you restart your Pre?
    I thought I was clear in this thread: I have to restart either every day or every other day.

As for the assumption, I just don't see a bug that hasn't been fixed in 9 months ever being fixed when the company has already moved on to bigger RAM models. We'll be left behind just like Pixi owners have been with the recent content and Flash. Even if they magically fixed it, by that time new hardware would be out for WebOS, Android, and other competing platforms on Sprint...so I'm moving on regardless.

Would be nice to move on to better WebOS hardware, but if not...oh well.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast