Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nfl 2010 seems to cause it to appear 95% of the time.

I use jstop, odd thing is I had it down to 13.5 mb being used once and still couldn't get it open. Had to do a luna restart...i thought it was the devs giving themselves too large of a memory buffer or something. Most games are not that bad. I have brothers in arms, nfs, glyder and sims3
    On my phone ive noticed a improvement with 1.4 I still get the TMC after a full day, but overall it isnt happening near as much.
    I use Switcharoo Free and I'm convinced this is a major problem on my phone. I love seeing different wallpapers and probably have 400 on my phone (adding more every day!) and I switch every 15 minutes but I'll have to restart 3 times a day because of TMC error. I only put up with it because I keep thinking at some point Palm or the Dev will fix it.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

since 1.4 i get the TMC error a lot less. I used to get it anytime i tried to open a PDK app, unless i was fresh off of a restart. Now I get maybe once a day trying to play game, but only after having my phone on for hours. jstop usually fixes the issue and i'm good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    READ MY TEXT...3RD PARTY APPS ARE THE CAUSE!!!!

It's gettin a little old now. I think my team and I are going to make a post and request it stickied.

For the %exponent% time, the 1.0 Pre is fine, poor 3rd party app design is the culprit.

Don't buy it?

1. Purge all your apps.
    2. Download 1 3D game.
    3. Open as many stock apps as you want.
    4. Open the 3D game.
    5. Open more stock apps.
    6. Open the 3D game again.
    7. Voila! Apps work perfect.

Start downloading 3rd party apps and repeat the test and I guarantee TMC will be in your future.
    You can say this til you're blue in the face, but it does nothing to help the majority of Pre owners, those who don't even visit the forum. This is why PALM needs to come up with a solution, even if it's the fault of the 3rd party apps they have approved to appear in the app store. It just looks bad for the Pre when a user gets a TMC error, calls Palm or Sprint or Verizon, and gets a solution of "reboot your phone every time it happens" or "don't download anything from our app store."
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    +1
    I have very few 3rd party apps on my Pre and in the 9 months I have never gotten the dreaded TMC message.
    we need to widdle it down and confront the developer with evidence his code is contributing to it, however that is a very long process. I nominate cobrakon to do it!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I get it sometimes. I will even get it in the middle of my game. I run youview (runs even when closed, no?), nromal pim apps, engadget, google maps w gps, wooter, pandora, slacker. Nytimes, and dr. Podder most of the time. I make sure to have nothing open when running asphalt 5 (which gives me the error)
    I never had the reset problem before 1.4, not even once. This morning all I did was hit the button to turn on the screen and it reset.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing and I don't "hate" the Pre, but it is a fact that it's happening and I hope they will find a solution in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    we need to widdle it down and confront the developer with evidence his code is contributing to it, however that is a very long process. I nominate cobrakon to do it!
    My "dev team" (all 3 of us lol ) are working on this but as there are 1600+ apps, this is becoming larger of a project that initially anticipated. Might just post up the recreation steps and get the community here involved?? Problem is with all the testing, rebooting, doctoring, you would be w/o the use of your phone quite a bit. I wish there was an easier way to do this programatically but unfortunately the emulator can't help in this kind of situation.

On a side note, my brother was in town with my new nephew and I was demoing my Pre for him (which he thought rocked) and I was able to zip through:

-web
    -email
    -contacts
    -music player
    -camera\video
    -NFSU
    -Gangstar
    -Assasins

All one behind the other with nary a TMC error in sight. In fact when I got home I played a little Avatar perfectly as well. (I'm leaning towards hbrew apps being more responsible but have nothing concrete atm.
    This has become a giant issue with 1.4
    I love everything else, but I want to play my game.

I am now getting TMC in the middle of my gameplay. Pathetic.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    People whom claim they're not getting the "too many cards open" error must be running the Palm Pre plus... I'm running the Sprint Palm Pre (256mb memory / 8GB) my first phone (never had to swap it for a replacement) and I have this problem all the time... After a fresh restart I too can have multiple cards open, and at least one 3D game, but the longer the phone remains on, the more memory the O/S starts to consume... At some point you can have no cards open, launch a 3D game and still get the error...

I had the TMC error the very day when Palm announced 3D gaming at CES. Happened frequently with the Sims 3 and Need for Speed...

It really sucks....
    i do not have a plus and have never gotten the error
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    I get this error all the time too. Sometimes in the middle of a game, which is pretty bad.

Restarted the phone does fix it temporarily but it sure takes a long time to restart. Clearly there is a memory leak somewhere here or apps aren't closing like they should.
    This problem is a major turnoff...and developers telling us that we shouldn't have other 3rd party apps is ridiculous....if that's the problem, great...but it's not up to the customer of the phone not to have any other apps on their phone.

it obviously needs fixed

- I'm on the original Pre, got it the day it came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    This problem is a major turnoff...and developers telling us that we shouldn't have other 3rd party apps is ridiculous....if that's the problem, great...but it's not up to the customer of the phone not to have any other apps on their phone.

it obviously needs fixed

- I'm on the original Pre, got it the day it came out.
    Not saying you shouldn't have 3rd party apps...only some of the 3rd party apps aren't written correctly and are consuming\not releasing Luna resources properly. Which ones are still unidentified but the fact of the matter is...on a stock Pre, 3D games run perfectly back to back.
    TMC error is not caused by 3rd party apps. We've had this issue from day 1 when the phone was barebone stock. . What's scary is Palm knows the problem exists but unable to fix it after many updates. I'm waiting for Pre2, I don't think this issue will be resolved with the 1st gen. Pre.
    i get this issue quite frequently. if i restart the phone, 3D games will play (not smoothly, all the time, mind you). when 1.4 came out, i was able to play games without much of an issue, but it's only gotten worse. now i have to restart luna before a game will play. it's ridiculous. i love the pre, but it really feels underpowered.

unless palm puts out a new phone on sprint this summer (and it better be impressive), i think i'm going to give windows series 7 a try. until then, my app purchasing is going to be at a stand still. there is nothing more frustrating than having no cards open and getting the TMC error.
    It's not just games...mine has acted up all day! Even when I am trying to send just a single text message with no other cards open. I have restarted my phone and it has not helped. I am getting so annoyed with the constant TMC error. I am also getting blank screens when searching the web...then page doesn't load at all...even with no other cards open.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast