Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Did a search and did not see this mentioned, but all the videos I took with my Pre and uploaded from the phone have the view options set to "Everyone". Is anyone aware of a way to change this to "Just friends" by default or is this a bug?

For now I have been going in and manually setting the lock icon to "Only Friends".
    Submit this as a privacy concern to Palm in their feedback contact form.

A temporary solution could be to go to Account - Privacy Settings - Post by Me. Change the setting to Friends Only. That might fix it. Only way to test it out is to log out and try to access the video.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Yeah the Palm app in my 'authorized' app screen is set to friends only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Submit this as a privacy concern to Palm in their feedback contact form.

A temporary solution could be to go to Account - Privacy Settings - Post by Me. Change the setting to Friends Only. That might fix it. Only way to test it out is to log out and try to access the video.
    I guess unless you post in Palm Pre forums you dont get answered. Anyways I posted same issue here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-settings.html.

Doesnt matter what settings you have on Facebook you have to go to posted video on main facebook page and edit video and then change privacy settings for the video. Problem is even if you do very quickly, video is shared to everyone and hence no privacy..... even if you change privacy settings later. I mentioned Palm on twitter but lets see if enough people can complaint to get something moving.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    I guess unless you post in Palm Pre forums you dont get answered. Anyways I posted same issue here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-settings.html.

Doesnt matter what settings you have on Facebook you have to go to posted video on main facebook page and edit video and then change privacy settings for the video. Problem is even if you do very quickly, video is shared to everyone and hence no privacy..... even if you change privacy settings later. I mentioned Palm on twitter but lets see if enough people can complaint to get something moving.
    I apologize, I did not see your thread when I conducted a search on this topic. I will also send feedback to Palm on this issue.
    my guess is that this is an issue that needs to be corrected by facebook.
    It's not hard for them to fix really. I'm sure if a big deal is made (aka PreCentral headline) then Palm will be sure to correct it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    My phone doesn't have the option to upload to facebook!! I have removed the account a few times and still no option. I have upload to you tube but no facebook.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gcrt368 View Post
    My phone doesn't have the option to upload to facebook!! I have removed the account a few times and still no option. I have upload to you tube but no facebook.
    That's odd. Are you sure you are using the latest version of Facebook? I had to download the older version of Facebook for Palm first before I could see the updated version (never saw that behavior with any other app).
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers