Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Is there a screen protector or anything I can do to make my pre's screen feel more silky smooth like the iphone screen? I love my pre and wouldnt give it up for anything but whenever I try out a friends Iphone the screen feels so much better when I am swiping around. You know what I mean?
    Thanks (and I honestly do love my pre half to death)
    I use the PhantomSkins and love them
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Conditioner... really, fool.

...stop lookin' at me.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I use phantom skins too but they aren't silk smooth like the iphone and some lcd screens.

there is a post for skins that reviewed most. You might want to look there since they have screen shots.

the kinda skin you're lookin for might be around but I doubt it.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Like its weird. On my pre my finger sometimes gets held back when im swiping and the screen almost seems sticky. Its just really uncomfortable.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I don't think it's weird. Oil and dirt sticks well but it's pretty easy to clean off this surface as well
    Liquid wax. Buffs out the scratches and makes it slippery. I'm not joking either.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Yah know, the only thing I would bash you for is the title of this post...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Liquid wax. Buffs out the scratches and makes it slippery. I'm not joking either.
    do you just apply it directly to the screen? not that I have any but I might go get some
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Is there a screen protector or anything I can do to make my pre's screen feel more silky smooth like the iphone screen? I love my pre and wouldnt give it up for anything but whenever I try out a friends Iphone the screen feels so much better when I am swiping around. You know what I mean?
    Quit fingering your friend's iPhone. Your Pre is getting jealous.

Side Note - I like PhantomSkins and Invisible Skins. Check 'em both out.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Boxwave crystal clear on mine.
    There are several choices out there. If I were you, I would go to Search and type in (Screen Protector) and read through the forums, there's a wealth of info in here.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yup, wax. I use Mother's carnuba paste wax.
    do you just apply it directly to the screen? not that I have any but I might go get some
    Don't go excessive and I'm sure regular (solid) car wax would work too. Just keep it from the LED button, edges, and the microUSB port (although it won't hurt it.) I apply it to a rag and smudge it in. Let it dry for 5 minutes, then buff it with a microfiber rag (same stuff that the stock pouch that came with the phone is made of).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post

I've used just about every brand of skin for the several gadgets I've owned, and I've found the "slipperiest" feel skin is the boxwave brand, it's great stuff.

Given that, on my pre, I use phantom skinz, it's got slightly more friction, but I love how the design covers the edges of the front plate, not just the screen, my thumb feels much more natural without hitting a skin edge as I swipe across the screen.

Hope that helps!
    Try Ghost Armor. Works great for me.
    Like its weird. On my pre my finger sometimes gets held back when im swiping and the screen almost seems sticky. Its just really uncomfortable.
    It's because it's a plastic screen. The iPhone has a glass screen.
    I use ZAGG. Lifetime replacement guarantee, and great protection.