Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    All of the sudden I cannot update apps that have updates available or download new apps. Running in a strong EVDO area and the install bar isn't doing anything. I've restarted the phone and luna, no luck with either.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!!!
  2. #2  
    I am having this same issue...it's getting quit frustrating.
  3. #3  
    the only fix I found is to do a partial erase of the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the only fix I found is to do a partial erase of the phone
    Why would i need to do a partial erase? I don't understand why all of the sudden it would stop working.
  5.    #5  
    anyone?
  6. #6  
    same problem here.
  7. #7  
    the servers at palm got screwy when the update was sent out and people got bad downloads so either wait until they send out an update to fix this mess up or do the partial erase that will let you get into the app catalog , they should have the fix out very quickly if you want to wait .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the servers at palm got screwy when the update was sent out and people got bad downloads so either wait until they send out an update to fix this mess up or do the partial erase that will let you get into the app catalog , they should have the fix out very quickly if you want to wait .
    I'm able to look at the app catalog, i just can't actually download or update any apps.

    Can you explain how a partial erase would fix this and do we know what caused it so i don't have to do this again? I really don't want to erase all of my stuff.

    What does partial erase do? Is it going to wipe all of my apps from the catalog plus preware apps/patches?
  9.    #9  
    bump
  10.    #10  
    can anyone please help me? someone has to have a clue. i sure don't and would love some help please!!!!!
  11. #11  
    partial erase delets all apps and will delete history and any pending downloads which is what is wrong with your phone . Its stuck somewhere in there . So by deleting that stuff your phone will automatically when the partial erase is done , sign in to your profile and reload all your app catalog apps and thus your phone is fixed ! Hope this helps. And I had to do this because of an app that got stuck in the middle of a download and would not go away so..... It worked for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    partial erase delets all apps and will delete history and any pending downloads which is what is wrong with your phone . Its stuck somewhere in there . So by deleting that stuff your phone will automatically when the partial erase is done , sign in to your profile and reload all your app catalog apps and thus your phone is fixed ! Hope this helps. And I had to do this because of an app that got stuck in the middle of a download and would not go away so..... It worked for me .
    What do I do about preware and patches. will I have to uninstall all of those?
  13.    #13  
    is this something that can be fixed with Emergency Migration Helper similar to this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ll-fail-3.html
  14. The Duck's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #14  
    I called palm tech support(in asia somewhere). They said that they haven't heard about this problem. But they are going to send me to level 2. Everyone needs to call palm about this asap.

    quack the duck
  15. #15  
    palm is already working on a fix . and yes you will need to reload preware and all hombrew apps . migration and reconstruction patches may work . but if they dont then its partial erase time. but after the erase you will need to run those two patches again.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16.    #16  
    If i do a partial erase is there any easy way to add everything back that i've gotten at preware at once or do i have to do everything manual again?
  17. #17  
    yes you can add everything back from preware once your done adding preware back lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. Habidabad's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #18  
    I am having the same problem and it started before webOS 1.4. When I go to the App Catalog and click on an app to install it the download will simply not do anything. Sometimes it simply pauses and will not restart when I click the refresh button. If I leave it alone for a few hours it will eventual download the app and install it. On one rare occasion an update for an app did download right away. I think it may be an area thing even though I use my WiFi, but I'm not sure. I am not going to do a partial erase and go through all that trouble.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habidabad View Post
    I am having the same problem and it started before webOS 1.4. When I go to the App Catalog and click on an app to install it the download will simply not do anything. Sometimes it simply pauses and will not restart when I click the refresh button. If I leave it alone for a few hours it will eventual download the app and install it. On one rare occasion an update for an app did download right away. I think it may be an area thing even though I use my WiFi, but I'm not sure. I am not going to do a partial erase and go through all that trouble.
    read above posts
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #20  
    Partial erase did NOT work for me. I had to use webos dr to fix the problem. If Palm can fix this, I'd wait since the backup is far from accurate when restoring apps and their data.

    For the record, I removed my theme. Problem stayed.
    I removed my patch that affects the catalog. Problem stayed.

    Sigh

Posting Permissions