1.    #1  
    Ever since the 1.4 update, about 1/4 of the time, when I'm trying to end a call, the screen does not react to my finger/button press and it won't end the call! I've also found a few times that it won't press a button (e.g. #1) on a call as well.

This is a CRITICAL problem.
    I tried to pay my power bill on my phone the other day which required entering a lot of numbers, I gave up after about 5 tries. ****ed me off. It was lagging so bad when pressing the numbers that it wouldn't even register.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Yes, I noticed this yesterday in fact. And, it only happens when you press a button on the screen. The lag isn't there for the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Yep. Tried ending a call earlier today and the phone basically froze for 10 seconds, showing the 'ripple' where I pressed until the phone finally released and performed the hang-up task (finally).

So, when you hang up, make sure the call has REALLY dropped before cursing them or calling them a ******.
    same here.. today is the first full day that I've used my Pre Plus as my regular phone since 1.4 (been carrying around an iPhone for several weeks).. boy was I frustrated all day while using the phone!
  6.    #6  
    Please, everyone let Palm know at their forum!
    Phone App's "End Call" button sometimes hangs and won't press! - Palm Support Community

It's the only way it'll get fixed.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Please, everyone let Palm know at their forum!
    Phone App's "End Call" button sometimes hangs and won't press! - Palm Support Community

It's the only way it'll get fixed.
    Users experiencing this issue. Please send me a private message. I would like to capture some log files from the device so we can investigate this issue further.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I use the patch "end calls with power button", much easier way to end calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I use the patch "end calls with power button", much easier way to end calls.
    A patch to end calls correctly.
    Do you realize what you're saying?

Can you see why the stocks are going down?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had problems getting the key pad to come up when on a call. I have to press the button about 5 times before it registers to bring up the pad. It's intermittent, but always seems to happen on the calls that hang up on you if you don't enter a code within 10 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post

Ok, I can end phone calls with the power button because I installed "end calls with power button" patch. There happy now, lol
    i use the end call with slider patch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    i use the end call with slider patch lol
    Got that one too!

Had to be careful with this patch, I would open my keyboard to do a search for a number and dial the number, close the slider and hang up the call, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Ok, I can end phone calls with the power button because I installed "end calls with power button" patch. There happy now, lol
    Now you don't realize what i'm saying.

I agree that these problems shouldn't be happening to such a critical app as the phone. But (and call me a Palm apologist if you like) webOS isn't the only platform in the world to have dialer issues. My PPC 6700 used to go into airplane mode if I pressed the End key more than once to hang up a call. My Mogul and MotoQ also had big dialer lag.

Now, I'll save you the trouble: webOS should absolutely not be having the same kind of problems that 5-year-old WinMo sets were having. Agreed.

OP, I've had a better experience using the physical number keys when in the phone app (it's near instant since 1.4). Sure wish one of the keyboard keys could function as a Send/End as well.
    I haven't had the issue with ending calls, but since the 1.4 update I have had issues with entering numbers in the dial pad while on a call -- lag or simply not recognizing repeated presses.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    I haven't had the issue with ending calls, but since the 1.4 update I have had issues with entering numbers in the dial pad while on a call -- lag or simply not recognizing repeated presses.
    yep, it's all the same thing.

I think it has something to do with memory in 1.4 and the fact that it somehow causes the touchscreen reader to either not work or have a big delay.
    Now you don't realize what i'm saying.
    I know what you are saying, my hang up button works fine, I had to try it to make sure there was no problems BECAUSE I hang with the power button.