Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I downloaded and the new app because I deleted the old verson. I put in my email and password and nothing, it just wont login. I restalled the app and reset my phone and again nothing. I see other people are having the same problem, how can this be fixed?
    I also am having the same issue. It keeps telling me that my login and password are incorrect.
    I as well have the same problem. Does anyone know why this is happening?
    I hope someone knows what is going on with this. i have asked for help with the same problem for 2 days and no one has been able to help me out. Im thinking about seeing the doc and start over. I do not have any patches on my pre the only thing i have is preware.
    kunedogg-> I didn't think that the app has been out for 2 days?

I have downloaded the app and DIDN'T have this problem (sorry)
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I did a partial reset and it solved the problem. I had the same problem.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have never been able to log in with this app. Old or new. I don't receive any error. I hit the sign in button and about 2 seconds it stops and stays right there???????????????
    My login works for me. ???? Weird about not being able to login.
    There's already a thread on this...pretty common problem and I'm getting it too.

forums.precentral.net/ showthread.php?p=2282751#post2282751

(sorry about the spaces in the URL, i'm not allowed to post links yet)

The Palm Rep is aware and looking into it, but he asked we PM him if we're getting the issue so he can look at the logs.
    When I launch the facebook app and put in my email and password it flashes as if looking to auth and it comes right back to the login screen. I can go into the contacts and cal prefs and add facebook there and it accepts my login. Only the application has this problem.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    im having this same problem but mine does nothing when I press "sign in" And my login info is correct.. I dont get it.

Its so annoying! Anyone have a fix?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    My login works for me. ???? Weird about not being able to login.
    wow that was very helpful...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    partial reset? How?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBook View Post
    im having this same problem but mine does nothing when I press "sign in" And my login info is correct.. I dont get it.

Its so annoying! Anyone have a fix?
    Have you tried to open contacts and add facebook under contacts? Under accounts and prefs?
    I was having this problem earlier today. I deleted all the other facebook apps, (Friendsbook and Friends Flow,) and it solved my problem. Facebook for Webos loaded up right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    kunedogg-> I didn't think that the app has been out for 2 days?

I have downloaded the app and DIDN'T have this problem (sorry)
    Well let see i tried all day yesterday and today. The old App didnt work for me either. So your right. It has not been 2 days its been longer!!!!
    I had the same issue... Decided to try it instead of Friendsbook.

Enter my email and password, hit Sign In, it would spin for a second then pop right back to Sign In. Funny thing was I was able to add my Facebook account to my Calendar accounts, but not contact accounts.

I did a Dr down to 1.2.1 and then back up to 1.4. This resolved the problem. It now logs in just fine. I like the new app...
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    I had the same issue... Decided to try it instead of Friendsbook.

Enter my email and password, hit Sign In, it would spin for a second then pop right back to Sign In. Funny thing was I was able to add my Facebook account to my Calendar accounts, but not contact accounts.

I did a Dr down to 1.2.1 and then back up to 1.4. This resolved the problem. It now logs in just fine. I like the new app...
    Thanks for the advise on the DR. I was thinking about doing that but not sure it that would work or not. Think ill give it a try.
    Another thing I have noticed is that after running the Dr's and getting back to 1.4 I have noticed the speed increase others have been talking about.

Prior to wiping it, things seemed to load about the same. Now everything does run faster.

I did not Dr just to fix the Facebook app. I had been experiencing lock ups. Times when I would launch the camera and it would just feeze, or launch the phone and it would freeze.

Since running the Dr's it has been great.

For some reason I do prefer to run the Dr 1.2.1 first and let it wipe everything vs just running a newer one that just rebuilds the OS partition. - Not sure if it makes a big difference or not, but only takes a few more minutes to do.
    Last edited by fizban_tx; 03/04/2010 at 10:56 PM.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I cannot login too. I don't have the facebook integration and don't want to add it.