Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    @ianmr65
    Since you are on O2 uk I assume you using freetetherd and IPautoforward patch.
    Did you try applying the patch on the MHS 1.0.14?
    I didn't push that button yet since I want to catch the ipk and I'm at work now. I will do it at the weekend.
    Last edited by somline; 04/01/2010 at 07:49 AM.
    Hi Somline

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    @ianmr65
    Since you are on O2 uk I assume you using freetetherd and IPautoforward patch.
    Yes.

@ianmr65

Did you try applying the patch on the MHS 1.0.14?
    No i didn't apply it again, after the update to 1,0,14 but the patch was still showing as being there.

@ianmr65

I didn't push that button yet since I want to catch the ipk and I'm at work now. I will do it at the weekend.
    Cool... Please can you let us know how it goes.

Thanks

ian
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
  3.    #83  
    so this was wrong. The patch changes the MHS to use freetether insted of mobilehotdpotd. You need to apply the patch after installin some MHS.
    so the sequence suld be:
    remove ipforward patch
    update MHS
    reaply ipforward patch.

EDIT: not tested yet
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    Now I'll try these two patches and see if it fixes things.
    Update: haha, this actually works fine on O2 UK - I'm posting from it now on my laptop.

I installed freetether (possibly not needed actually), freetetherd, and the auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot.patch for Mobile Hotspot. Quick reboot and it connects fine.

Note: at first it connects but no internet access - I then ran freetether and it had no IP address - after a few seconds it found the IP address and everything started working. Dunno if you just need to wait a little while, or actually run the freetether app... will explore later.
    Can you share the IPK in another way? I got an error 'This service is temporarily not available from your service area.' when access the megaupload link.
    Thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Works for me in Australia, used your 1.0.14 ipk nothing else. QWERTZ phone.
    Nevermind :-)
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 05/06/2010 at 05:48 AM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Sitting here reading about a guy trying to setup a bluetooth PAN to connect his Macbook with his iPhone. I always thought the iPhone could do what our little riverstone can do, act as a router and share the connection over WIFI? Is that not the case?
  10. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Hi,

two questions:

I've installed the Mobile Hotspot and it works great with O2/Germany. What happens if I go to Spain, get a Prepaid-card with data-flat (200 to 500 MB/month, no idea if s.th. like this exists) and put it in my Pre+.

Will the Hotspot still work, or do I have to change s.th.?

I have a problem with a client that is not working with the mixed WPA/WPA2-encryption. It works without encryption, with WEP, WPA or WPA2 but it can't negotiate the correct encryption with the Pre.

I see two options: Can I set the encryption of the MHS fixed to WPA or WPA2?

Or alternatively I use "no encryption" (that's no problem because I use SSH and SSH-tunnel anyway), can I limit the clients who can connect to the MHS just by limiting it to one system or by setting a MAC-address?

I tried to find s.th. under "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.mobilehotspot" and in the "app/controllers/microap-assistant.jsjsjs&$quot$; $but$ $had$ $no$ $success$.

I also could not find any DHCPD-configuration file to change.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot,

thg
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    Hi,

two questions:

I've installed the Mobile Hotspot and it works great with O2/Germany. What happens if I go to Spain, get a Prepaid-card with data-flat (200 to 500 MB/month, no idea if s.th. like this exists) and put it in my Pre+.

Will the Hotspot still work, or do I have to change s.th.?
    thg
    This may depend on the provider. A known solution if it doesn't work is using the freetetherD as described here.
    You may also follow the HOTO for sprint thread (long thread).
    But afaikafaikafaik $this$ $is$ $all$ $not$ $tested$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$

Post your results
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi-Man View Post
    Can you share the IPK in another way? I got an error 'This service is temporarily not available from your service area.' when access the megaupload link.
    Just extract it yourself... get the Verizon Doctor and unzip it. It's in the Verizon tarball, that's how I got mine.

We're technically not allowed to share the IPKs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Works for 1.4.5 using 1.0.14 ipk nothing else. QWERTZ phone. BTW so does bluetooth tether, just turn it on.
  14. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This may depend on the provider. A known solution if it doesn't work is using the freetetherD as described here.
    But afaikafaikafaik $this$ $is$ $all$ $not$ $tested$ $on$ $1$.$4$.$5$
    Post your results
    OK, I uninstalled the original MHS 1.0.14 I installed some time ago from the App-Shop (WebOS is 1.4.5), installed "freetetherd_0.0.3" and the "mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched".

I tried it with O2/Germany and this still worked, so at least I have not destroyed anything. I also installed "freetether_0.0.1_all" to get some informations about the connection, but it does not help too much.

Do I need the "auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot"-Patch now or is it not needed (anymore)? If I connect via O2/Germany, FreeTether shows me that IP-forwarding is enabled, but I have no clue what will happen if I am in Spain with a different card.

And second, I still have the problem with the mixed WPA/WPA2-encryption. Without encryption it works perfectly, but with encryption enabled my system connects, gets an IP-address, some seconds later looses the connection, connects again and so on.

Isn't there any way to configure/change/hack the encryption in the MHS fixed to WPA2 only or to change the configuration of the DHCP-server?

How do they limit the connection to a max. of 5 systems that can connect to the MHS, maybe I can change this to 1.

Thanks a lot,

thg
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I had that WPA/WPA2 drop off also on my two test PCs. I then turned off my normal WIFI router and they both connected OK.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I did use the "mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched" version.
    ***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of, Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ***While we are going to permit discussion on the topic of, Palm Mobile Hotspot on other carriers, under no circumstances may you post links to a copy of this software. The Mobile Hotspot app is Palm software and only authorized for distribution by Verizon. Distributing it for other carriers isn’t allowed and violates the user’s agreement with those carriers.***

Thank you for your co-operation.
    -Your Moderators
    Thanks for clarifying this. The MHS is authorized for the german pre at o2 and available from the app-catalog. No need for an unauthorized copy.

You can even close this thread. Thanks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345