Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    I thought you don't need the upstart script if you use the Mobile Hotspot application?

/ OK, thanks.
    It has changed with 1.4. You have to use the new (verizon) MHS.
    I too am on o2 UK. I notice that when mobile hotspot is on, and someone connects to the phone, the 3g connection automatically goes. This seems similar to how the 3g would go when you enable wifi on the phone. The internet then doesnt work on the phone or on the computer.

Actually, having left it for a while, 3g seems to be enabled again on the phone and the laptop says internet access, yet will not display any pages in my browser. So on the phone, internet works, but still not on my laptop!

Surely there is a way around o2 UK's block (if this is what it is)! Also, forgive my ignorance, but would freetether or the IP patch help? Im not really sure what either does!
  3.    #43  
    chad0723 is telling that the free mytether works here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2289694
    Seems link not working. It is it on post #797
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofbeans View Post
    I too am on o2 UK. I notice that when mobile hotspot is on, and someone connects to the phone, the 3g connection automatically goes. This seems similar to how the 3g would go when you enable wifi on the phone. The internet then doesnt work on the phone or on the computer.

Actually, having left it for a while, 3g seems to be enabled again on the phone and the laptop says internet access, yet will not display any pages in my browser. So on the phone, internet works, but still not on my laptop!

Surely there is a way around o2 UK's block (if this is what it is)! Also, forgive my ignorance, but would freetether or the IP patch help? Im not really sure what either does!
    Agree with your findings, phone has access, laptop connected but cannot access internet. I am sure that this is an O2 block.

Don't bother with free tether or IP patch, tried that then had to Dr my phone.
  5.    #45  
    As a small update:

Member "dl1ely" confirmed this MHS working on "simyo" Germany
    "Jawollja - klappt einwandfrei mit simyo-SIM."

Many members confimed working on O2.

A nice german manual (and a link -deleted- ;-) is posted in the webos-blog.de
    By jfrigger
    Last edited by somline; 03/08/2010 at 02:33 PM.
    O2 UK are charging iPhone users to tether now by way of a bolt on. Somehow I don't think palm users are going to get away with it scott free!
    you can still see the links on the webos-blog in the comments section.

greetings and thanks!
    Guten Morgen Mat, Danke nochmal für gestern. Leider habe ich es mit dem Hotspot immer noch nicht hin bekommen. Eine Frage, was muss ich denn mit den Startup Scripts machen. Man ich glaube mein Kopf will das einfach nicht verstehen

Grüße

Stefan
    just to confirm, the 1.0.11 ipk works similarly to the 1.0.3 ipk? if i want to install the 1.0.11 i have to remove the 1.0.3 first right?
    and do i have to recreate the mobilehotspotd file? (my sense is that i don't have to).
  10.    #50  
    Yes, Yes, No

You should install the 1.0.11 on a clean 1.4 install.
    No Free/My/Whatever/Tether no autoforwarding patch, no /etc/event.d/mobilehostspotd
    cool thanks. i don't have any patches, but how do i remove the mobilehotspotd file?
  12.    #52  
    Sorry no time at the moment. Please search for deleting files (novacom/webosquickinstall....)
    it's ok i figured it out thanks!
  14.    #54  
    I've got a lot of PMs in german regarding the installation of the MHS.
    Please use a forum for that. Thats forums are for. Ppl helping ppl.

Please post questions and problems here.

If you don't want to speak english (my english is baggy ether) search for a german forum.

<german>Bitte stellt eure Fragen bezüglich Mobile Hotspot in einem Forum.
    Dafür sind Foren da. User helfen usern.
    Hier mal 4 gute Anlaufstellen</german>

You can get help in german:

webos-blog
    nexave
    preforum
    handy-faq

I monitor these forums regulary
    <german> Ich seh da auch regelmäßig rein</german>
    Last edited by somline; 03/11/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i tryed the new 11 ipkg by the way great work, when I connect it shows the mac addy but it says limited connect on both sides, I try to set the adapter to renew ip addy and still not working, my idea is this, is there anyway i can setup a static ip to connect all the time or is ther something in the proggy that disables it for sprint pre

THANXS IN ADVANCE
  16.    #56  
    From my post:
    Remember: Tethering (using this method) will only work, if your provider accept tethering. O2 Germany allows that.
    Sprint does not allow tethering so you can't use this method.

Follow the MHS for Sprint thread
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpre View Post
    I am very inexperienced at this can you tell me how to remove the code.
    What code? I already removed that code. Download the app and install.
    Sorry if my bad english doesn't make that clear.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What code? I already removed that code. Download the app and install.
    Sorry if my bad english doesn't make that clear.
    Thanks, I downloaded the app, but webos quick install says maybe you should run an "ipkg update" but it should work now.
  19.    #59  
    I read about that error before. I think it has to do with install of WOQI. Here "preman" posted a solution (in german) how to install it using the command line:
    ipkg install com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0-1.0.11_armv7.ipkg
    Do you have a shell on the pre?
    Copy the ipkg somewhere on the phone and run the install manually.
    Last edited by somline; 03/14/2010 at 03:42 PM.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpre View Post
    Thanks, I downloaded the app, but webos quick install says maybe you should run an "ipkg update" but it should work now.
    Try installing the "package manager service" first.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast