Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So...

I thought that I'd give the 1.4 update one last chance before I made the switch to iphone...

1. I lost a number of my patches with the update. When I try to update them or remove them now I keep getting an IKPG error.
    2. Battery life has *not* been improved. Ironically, I've experienced a decrease.
    3. I no longer can get preware to load.
    4. Camera shutter speed has a *significant* lag.
    5. Paying for apps that iphone/droid users get for free.
    6. Video uploads unreliable.
    7. App limit.
    8. Tech support consists of me logging onto a web forum to trouble shoot the problem myself.
    9. GPS not intergrated into address/calendar. (Yes, I changed my preferences. No, it still does not work.)
    10. Having to exchange my touchstone twice because it kept on producing a "misquito" tone whenever it was on the charger.
    11. Phone heating up when talking on it.
    12. Spending a *significant* amount of time working on this phone to get it to work like it should... and not actually getting it to work like it should... & not getting any actual work done.

iphone... here I come...
    No! Don't!!!!
    Good Luck, see yaa later!

There is a thread called something like STFU and doctor your phone, you may want to follow it's steps.

"I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    1.) Patches are not Palm's problem, also in your case, user error, you either didn't update all patches to v3 or missed some.
    2.) Depends on use, the video is obviously a bigger user, but it could be a result of you having corrupt patches as well, dr. your pre.
    3.) Dr. Your pre, corrupt patches
    4.) That is a strange new bug, though small.
    5.) I'm not sure which apps your referring to, but I would gladly pay for some apps then have to wade through all the crummy apps available for the iPhone to find one free one.
    6.) I haven't had a problem, could be a youtube thing remember.
    7.) It's limited by space on your phone, delete your nudy pictures.
    8.) You can always call an actual Palm tech support number, it is free for a year.
    9.) ...If you say so, but it works for me, but I used to just do a select all, copy, paste
    10.) Don't know about that one, but I'm happy to even have a touchstone, maybe you have dog-like hearing?
    11.) I notice some heat, but nothing horrible, worse is on the touchstone after being fully charged for a while.
    12.) Should is relative, it works perfect out of the box for most of my needs, as well as a large group of others, but your so lucky Palm made the OS patchable in the first place.

If you really want an iPhone so much why the hell did you go with a Palm in the first place? I mean, your complains might've well just been 1-12.) It's not an iPhone! I wanna be a sheeple!

Also, I'm a bee.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    1.) Patches are not Palm's problem, also in your case, user error, you either didn't update all patches to v3 or missed some.
    2.) Depends on use, the video is obviously a bigger user, but it could be a result of you having corrupt patches as well, dr. your pre.
    3.) Dr. Your pre, corrupt patches
    4.) That is a strange new bug, though small.
    5.) I'm not sure which apps your referring to, but I would gladly pay for some apps then have to wade through all the crummy apps available for the iPhone to find one free one.
    6.) I haven't had a problem, could be a youtube thing remember.
    7.) It's limited by space on your phone, delete your nudy pictures.
    8.) You can always call an actual Palm tech support number, it is free for a year.
    9.) ...If you say so, but it works for me, but I used to just do a select all, copy, paste
    10.) Don't know about that one, but I'm happy to even have a touchstone, maybe you have dog-like hearing?
    11.) I notice some heat, but nothing horrible, worse is on the touchstone after being fully charged for a while.
    12.) Should is relative, it works perfect out of the box for most of my needs, as well as a large group of others, but your so lucky Palm made the OS patchable in the first place.

If you really want an iPhone so much why the hell did you go with a Palm in the first place? I mean, your complains might've well just been 1-12.) It's not an iPhone! I wanna be a sheeple!
    thank you! some people on the forum just dont follow the rules and then complain to the rest of us on how the phone is all the phone's fault when obviously its the user abusing the goodness that palm has given us. when you get the iphone, OP, you should record how long it takes you to change your mind, besides if you really had that many problems, any pre user would doctor their phone in a heartbeat instead of writing a list of complaints for the world to see. good luck with the apple brainwashing.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    im having alot of issues since 1.4

1. alot of calls dont go thru, instead go to voicemail. ive received several complaints about this.

2. Text messages are horribly delayed, someone sent me a text at 10am, and i didnt get it till 5.27pm. what the hell???? it happened this morning also

3. after taking the phone off airplane mode, battery starts to drain so fast, that in about 20 minutes its about 88% without doing anything??

4. reception is nonexistent, constantly having dropped calls in downtown bmore. what the hell?

palm FIX THiS ISSHHHHHHHh

annoying me
    Wahhhh i cant follow directions and took too many gambles with patchs, and they ruined my phone. Wahhh
    He'll jailbreak his iphone so he can do all sorts of stuff Apple doesn't condone and then he'll praise the glory of the iphone. Palm is much more liberal when it comes to it's users, you'll be missing out. Oh and if you do jailbreak your iphone remember to not let the battery die all the way or you'll have to jailbreak it all over again. Adios.
    Last edited by xome1983; 03/04/2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to quote
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis3k View Post

1. alot of calls dont go thru, instead go to voicemail. ive received several complaints about this.

2. Text messages are horribly delayed, someone sent me a text at 10am, and i didnt get it till 5.27pm. what the hell???? it happened this morning also

3. after taking the phone off airplane mode, battery starts to drain so fast, that in about 20 minutes its about 88% without doing anything??

4. reception is nonexistent, constantly having dropped calls in downtown bmore. what the hell?

annoying me

You really don't need to post the same thing in two threads, but I have experienced a little of what you describe, that is why I plan on doing a Dr. and having no patches for a few days to see if it's really a problem with the update.

I personally prefer to take active approaches rather than complaining.

annoying me
    Did you doctor your phone and start fresh? Your issues are a severely tiny minority and not widespread so it leads me to believe it's more than likely an issue with your phone and not something Palm would need to release a fix for.

annoying me
    Dude, how many times you gonna post this complaint? Seriously, get over yourself.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...01#post2282301

annoying me
    the idea behind the doctor is to see him when you (the phone) is sick. now go see the doctor to fix your problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ENJYLFE View Post
    So...

I thought that I'd give the 1.4 update one last chance before I made the switch to iphone...

1. I lost a number of my patches with the update. When I try to update them or remove them now I keep getting an IKPG error.
    2. Battery life has *not* been improved. Ironically, I've experienced a decrease.
    3. I no longer can get preware to load.
    4. Camera shutter speed has a *significant* lag.
    5. Paying for apps that iphone/droid users get for free.
    6. Video uploads unreliable.
    7. App limit.
    8. Tech support consists of me logging onto a web forum to trouble shoot the problem myself.
    9. GPS not intergrated into address/calendar. (Yes, I changed my preferences. No, it still does not work.)
    10. Having to exchange my touchstone twice because it kept on producing a "misquito" tone whenever it was on the charger.
    11. Phone heating up when talking on it.
    12. Spending a *significant* amount of time working on this phone to get it to work like it should... and not actually getting it to work like it should... & not getting any actual work done.

iphone... here I come...
    You probably should go to the iPhone, and I'm probably wasting energy typing this; however, I'll give it a shot. There seem to be two problems here (besides any problem with 1.4), you have unrealistic expectations, and you may have a defective system.

1. Palm is not responsible for your patches. You should have known that when you installed them. Did you read before you installed?

2. It is normal after a new WebOS version to temporarily see a decrease in battery performance. It typically improves after 3-4 days. I don't know why this is, but it's what I've seen in the 9 months I've had mine.

3. Again, Palm is not responsible for PreWare. Just as a suggestion, disable feeds then add them back one at a time. I did that, then found I had somehow missed a PreWare update.

4. Haven't seen it, so can't help you there. Just occurred to me though, I don't use the onscreen button, I use the spacebar. Try that.

5. Oh boohoo for you.

6. Again, I haven't experienced that. I've seen some other folks that have posted problems, but I haven't had one yet.

7. What app limit?

8. Check with Sprint (or whoever your provider is) before you contact Palm. But what does this have to do with 1.4?

9. You've got a problem with your phone. This works fine on mine.

10. Again, what does this have to do with 1.4 upgrade? Or even the Pre? Are you going to find a non-buzzing TouchStone for your iPhone. Starting to sound like a whiner is my point...

11. Is the phone unusably hot? Do you realize that the iPhone tends to get hot too? I don't think I've ever heard of a Pre burning up the screen.

12. See #5. Remember, they're called "Smartphones" for a reason.
    I love numbered lists. Thanks.
    1 star for you!

now doctor your phone or let me have it...
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    1 star for you!

now doctor your phone or let me have it...
    I second the giving your phone to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I second the giving your phone to him.
    I 'll 3rd that, but i'll take your pre. ;-)
    It has to be user error. I had 1.4 and it discovered the volume error (that was already there), took it to Sprint and had it fixed. I had never downloaded a patch until last night and have zero problems.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    go,,good bye,,,good luck.. Had theis phone for 6 months,,updated w over 40 patches and not one issue. Love this device.
    Thanks for being such an active member of the community. Enjoy your iphone.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast