Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62
  1. #41  
    Don't forget, 'Like it should' is different for everyone. I think the iPhone 'should' be written cleanly and follow a strong architecture, but I'm stuck with winmo junk if I really want that.

    The Pre/Pixi has one major draw, WebOS, and it's strongest feature is the Card Metaphor. I might jump boat if another company stole the idea, but it is the best for a mobile phone, by far, and Palm does have a very nice implementation.

    I want to be able to do multiple things and not have to track through all kinds of garbage to accomplish that (as is the issue with android), or not have the option at all (iphone), if this doesn't bother you, make sure you research and decide what you need before you buy a phone.

    Don't need multitasking, the ability to collect all contacts from all sources cleanly, a nice physical keyboard, an intuitive gesture area? But need snappiness and... the inability to to patch the os so I don't break everything? Than maybe a phone by Palm isn't for you.
  2. #42  
    I got your list right here.

    1. STFU
    2. See #1

    WORDS
  3. #43  
    Wahhhh!!! My Pre ate my homework! What do I do now? Wahhhh!!!.............jk

    Seriously, after every update there is an adjustment period for everything and everyone from the users to the Devs to even the phones themselves. We've seen these kinds of posts after each update and then they stop!........ until the next update....lol

    Yeah I had to doctor also due to IPKG errors and I'm running stock for a short time till the smoke clears. Currently I'm not having any problems or issues. I have noooo complaints.

    I must admitt that I can't wait to get my 5X4 icons back...lol as well as about 30 or more other patches. All in due time
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4. #44  
    I think the 1.4 update is nice (but far from a system selling upgrade). However, my battery life has gone from bad to terrible.
  5. #45  
    1.4 greatly improoved the phone for me:

    1- I don't lag or get the too many card message anymore when runing several games at once (M:Mafia, M:Zombies, M:Vampires). Heck, I even have more games opened at once and it runs smoothly.

    2- My phone and alarms would not ring, only vibrate when I had 2 of the three games mentioned above opened. Now, even with 4-5 games, the phone/alarms ring.

    3- The web browser seems faster, and I can open the full blown Facebook website and even play games.

    4- Video recording!


    The only issue I'm having is that the mute and volume controls are not muting music or sounds coming from apps. I just got 1.4 this afternoon, so I'm still trying to troubleshoot.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I think the 1.4 update is nice (but far from a system selling upgrade). However, my battery life has gone from bad to terrible.
    Why would they need a "system selling" update? They already sold you!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why would they need a "system selling" update? They already sold you!
    By judging Palm latest financials, the better start selling it to a lot more people than just me.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    By judging Palm latest financials, the better start selling it to a lot more people than just me.
    I'm missing your point.
    The thread was about specific 1.4 issues, but you didn't address them. However, you stated that 1.4 had no "system selling" features (I'm sure that's simply your opinion, that you didn't run a poll or anything).

    I pointed out they already sold you. You said they needed to sell to more than you (I agree, they have, they've sold to well over 1,000,000 now).

    Now you've turned the thread to how many they should sell.

    What does that have to do with the OP's issues, or the 1.4 update?

    Is it somehow your point that the 1.4 update won't convince additional users to buy? I disagree, based solely on the number of folks that have posted in the past saying that no video is a "deal breaker" for them.

    I guess I'm not quite following what your point is... (though I have my suspicions...)
  9. 27scoob's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #49  
    Alright man ... I hear ya . Let us know how it goes . Thanks.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm missing your point.
    The thread was about specific 1.4 issues, but you didn't address them. However, you stated that 1.4 had no "system selling" features (I'm sure that's simply your opinion, that you didn't run a poll or anything).

    I pointed out they already sold you. You said they needed to sell to more than you (I agree, they have, they've sold to well over 1,000,000 now).

    Now you've turned the thread to how many they should sell.

    What does that have to do with the OP's issues, or the 1.4 update?

    Is it somehow your point that the 1.4 update won't convince additional users to buy? I disagree, based solely on the number of folks that have posted in the past saying that no video is a "deal breaker" for them.

    I guess I'm not quite following what your point is... (though I have my suspicions...)
    Its pointless to debate you on any topic. You turn every thread into a fight. My comment was a side note to my opinion on the 1.4 update. I said its nice, but lots of people here were thinking it was going to be a system seller. I disagree. I look at it as a nice update with a few nice improvements but nothing thats game changing, and it wont in anyway affect Palms current sales state. You may disagree (but of course you always do).

    As for how many units you claimed they have sold, Palm CEO himself has said sales are disappointing and and lowered his revenue forecasts by about a BILLION dollars. Now back to our regular discussion about the 1.4 upgrade
  11. #51  
    You guys are in denial if you think that Snow Leopard isn't causing problems for people. Printer problems, hard drive problems, spinning ball of death, etc., etc. My MacBook Pro just isn't working the same since Snow Leopard came out, and...

    Oh, wait a minute. Am I in the wrong forum?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12. #52  
    The Pre is a good phone but has issues. Why kill the OP because he has had his fill. Oh I get it he's moving to an Iphone.
  13. #53  
    Save the Preware/Patch complaints the rest can get forwarded here for better results:
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ENJYLFE View Post
    So...

    I thought that I'd give the 1.4 update one last chance before I made the switch to iphone...

    1. I lost a number of my patches with the update. When I try to update them or remove them now I keep getting an IKPG error.
    2. Battery life has *not* been improved. Ironically, I've experienced a decrease.
    3. I no longer can get preware to load.
    4. Camera shutter speed has a *significant* lag.
    5. Paying for apps that iphone/droid users get for free.
    6. Video uploads unreliable.
    7. App limit.
    8. Tech support consists of me logging onto a web forum to trouble shoot the problem myself.
    9. GPS not intergrated into address/calendar. (Yes, I changed my preferences. No, it still does not work.)
    10. Having to exchange my touchstone twice because it kept on producing a "misquito" tone whenever it was on the charger.
    11. Phone heating up when talking on it.
    12. Spending a *significant* amount of time working on this phone to get it to work like it should... and not actually getting it to work like it should... & not getting any actual work done.

    iphone... here I come...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  14. #54  
    this was the first time I did not have to Dr. my phone after an update. All I had to do was update a few apps/tweaks, including Preware, restart Luna, and all is well.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You guys are in denial if you think that Snow Leopard isn't causing problems for people. Printer problems, hard drive problems, spinning ball of death, etc., etc. My MacBook Pro just isn't working the same since Snow Leopard came out, and...

    Oh, wait a minute. Am I in the wrong forum?
    LMAO
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Its pointless to debate you on any topic. You turn every thread into a fight. My comment was a side note to my opinion on the 1.4 update. I said its nice, but lots of people here were thinking it was going to be a system seller. I disagree. I look at it as a nice update with a few nice improvements but nothing thats game changing, and it wont in anyway affect Palms current sales state. You may disagree (but of course you always do).
    ...
    YOu may not feel it's a "system seller" (but as I pointed out, they didn't need a system seller for you, they already sold you). However, to the folks that wanted a Pre, but had to have video recording, it's a system seller. To the folks that wanted a Pre, but had to have Flash, it's a major step in the right direction.

    Is it a major "system seller"? Nah, probably not. However, Palm is constantly improving the initial device they introduced. I don't know of any other phone mfg doing the same thing. Not asking us to buy another one, but continually updating the one we've already purchased. Making it better for us and more attractive to others. So far, each update has done something that some users felt it needed.

    For some reason, you seem to think that's worthy of derision. That, in spite of the fact that no other mfg is doing anything similar, that Palm is still somehow failing you, and needs to be constantly attacked and derided.

    As for my participation on the forum, you know guy, I'm looking over this thread and I don't see anything you've really contributed, other than your opinion. I (and others) have tried to help.

    I suspect that's what really sticks in your craw. That not only are there folks that like the Pre, but that they want to see others like their's as well.

    And yeah, every time I see a silly insipid snarky remark from you, and I feel "in the mood", I'll respond. Don't like it? Well then, refrain from the silly insipid snarky remarks.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Its on Palms website. Have you ever been there?

    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

    You don't need to be into techno or dungeons and dragons to figure this tool out. If your asking if someone will do it for you, I doubt you'll find takers.
    If a person is able to get patches on their phone, they are certainly able to run webOS Doctor.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    this was the first time I did not have to Dr. my phone after an update. All I had to do was update a few apps/tweaks, including Preware, restart Luna, and all is well.
    Amen to that! This was the smoothest transition yet!...I had one stuck patch that Erik @ WebOS Internals helped me fix and now I'm in HEAVEN! This phone gets better all the time and I can't say that about any other phone. My youngest son bought a HTC Hero and my oldest son a Blackberry Curve and they haven't seen update one and keep going "wow" when I show them what I've been able to do with scrims, boot logo's, etc.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    If a person is able to get patches on their phone, they are certainly able to run webOS Doctor.
    ya you'd think that right?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  20. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Its pointless to debate you on any topic. You turn every thread into a fight. My comment was a side note to my opinion on the 1.4 update. I said its nice, but lots of people here were thinking it was going to be a system seller. I disagree. I look at it as a nice update with a few nice improvements but nothing thats game changing, and it wont in anyway affect Palms current sales state. You may disagree (but of course you always do).

    As for how many units you claimed they have sold, Palm CEO himself has said sales are disappointing and and lowered his revenue forecasts by about a BILLION dollars. Now back to our regular discussion about the 1.4 upgrade
    Oh come on, hparsons is one of the few names on here I even remember/recongnize. He is easily one of the more entertaining guys to read posts from. Although I may be biased because it is usually because he has already said what I would say before I get to a thread.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions