Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You probably should go to the iPhone, and I'm probably wasting energy typing this; however, I'll give it a shot. There seem to be two problems here (besides any problem with 1.4), you have unrealistic expectations, and you may have a defective system.

1. Palm is not responsible for your patches. You should have known that when you installed them. Did you read before you installed?

2. It is normal after a new WebOS version to temporarily see a decrease in battery performance. It typically improves after 3-4 days. I don't know why this is, but it's what I've seen in the 9 months I've had mine.

3. Again, Palm is not responsible for PreWare. Just as a suggestion, disable feeds then add them back one at a time. I did that, then found I had somehow missed a PreWare update.

4. Haven't seen it, so can't help you there. Just occurred to me though, I don't use the onscreen button, I use the spacebar. Try that.

5. Oh boohoo for you.

6. Again, I haven't experienced that. I've seen some other folks that have posted problems, but I haven't had one yet.

7. What app limit?

8. Check with Sprint (or whoever your provider is) before you contact Palm. But what does this have to do with 1.4?

9. You've got a problem with your phone. This works fine on mine.

10. Again, what does this have to do with 1.4 upgrade? Or even the Pre? Are you going to find a non-buzzing TouchStone for your iPhone. Starting to sound like a whiner is my point...

11. Is the phone unusably hot? Do you realize that the iPhone tends to get hot too? I don't think I've ever heard of a Pre burning up the screen.

12. See #5. Remember, they're called "Smartphones" for a reason.
    dont forget that sweet trend of "exploding" iphones lol, just thought i would throw that into the whole "phones too hot, i want an iphone" pot
  2.    #22  
    Folks...

I've had the phone since the release date. I was one of those guys who put their name on the wait list because I was incredibly excited about the potential of this phone.

It's pretty clear to me that most of you on this forum, instead of truely trying to help, throw out insults & sarcastic remarks to try to instigate some kind of hostile reaction from me.

All I want is for my phone to work like it should. Yes I took a gamble on the patches. But before updating to 1.4 I read the forums & it was clear from many of the other users that they did not remove theirs & they did not have the problems as I have been experiencing.

I'm not a technogeek like many of you. (That's not meant to be an insult, but rather a compliment as you are all smarter than me when it somes to this stuff.) So obviously I have no idea how to "doctor" my phone. I would like to "doctor" it, but when it comes to this kind of thing, I need step by step directions.

I apologize if I have offended any of you with the iphone statement. But I am surprised that my post ellicited such a hostile response.

Now... let's try this "doctor" thing... would any of you like to give me step by step's to do this? I would really appreciate it.
    Its on Palms website. Have you ever been there?

Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

You don't need to be into techno or dungeons and dragons to figure this tool out. If your asking if someone will do it for you, I doubt you'll find takers.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ENJYLFE View Post
    Folks...

I've had the phone since the release date. I was one of those guys who put their name on the wait list because I was incredibly excited about the potential of this phone.

It's pretty clear to me that most of you on this forum, instead of truely trying to help, throw out insults & sarcastic remarks to try to instigate some kind of hostile reaction from me.

All I want is for my phone to work like it should. Yes I took a gamble on the patches. But before updating to 1.4 I read the forums & it was clear from many of the other users that they did not remove theirs & they did not have the problems as I have been experiencing.

I'm not a technogeek like many of you. (That's not meant to be an insult, but rather a compliment as you are all smarter than me when it somes to this stuff.) So obviously I have no idea how to "doctor" my phone. I would like to "doctor" it, but when it comes to this kind of thing, I need step by step directions.

I apologize if I have offended any of you with the iphone statement. But I am surprised that my post ellicited such a hostile response.

Now... let's try this "doctor" thing... would any of you like to give me step by step's to do this? I would really appreciate it.
    Now, if you had started out this way, you would have gotten helpful responses.

This is a bit like overkill in your case, but it is the most comprehensive instructions I've seen.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html
    Folks...

Unfortunately, you've learned the wrong lesson. Here's what your conclusion should have been:
    It's pretty clear to me that most of you on this forum, when confronted with insults and sarcasm, will respond with with the same. Sorry to be blunt, but that's basically what you did. What type of response did you expect? Seriously, why do we care if you get an iPhone or not? It's certainly not going to make my Pre quit working. The patches on my phone won't suddenly say "Oh, I can't pick on him any more, your turn now...". Typically, you'll find that if you ask for help instead of threatening and whining, you'll get help.
    See, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

Follow this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...4-upgrade.html
    You guys are in a deep denial if you think that 1.4 doesnt have issues. Half the issues he listed are legit. Doctoring, full erase, none of that $hit does anything, as soon as I put 1.4 back on, all the problems are back. No reception, Ev to 1x, 5 bars to 1 bar eveyr 10 seconds. Pandora wont work, email is slow, texts are slow, web 50% of the time doesnt work, and I found out today my nagivation doesnt work either - at all. Wife took it to the sprint store and heard " Yeah, these are all known issues with the new update and we're working to fix them" - really? Workin to fix them? What the f..k am i supposed to do in the meantime, use the Party in the Pocket app as a vibrator.. dumb@sses.

all this flaming is like being on a civic forum, lol
    Is the Pre still up for grabs?????

But seriously let us extend the hand of kindness and help our fellow man...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cibersay View Post
    You guys are in a deep denial if you think that 1.4 doesnt have issues. Half the issues he listed are legit. Doctoring, full erase, none of that $hit does anything, as soon as I put 1.4 back on, all the problems are back. No reception, Ev to 1x, 5 bars to 1 bar eveyr 10 seconds. Pandora wont work, email is slow, texts are slow, web 50% of the time doesnt work, and I found out today my nagivation doesnt work either - at all. Wife took it to the sprint store and heard " Yeah, these are all known issues with the new update and we're working to fix them" - really? Workin to fix them? What the f..k am i supposed to do in the meantime, use the Party in the Pocket app as a vibrator.. dumb@sses.

I don't think anyone said there were no issues, but a lot of the issues mentioned were not things that Palm is responsible for (patches, preware, and basically things that people do to themselves).

I am having no problems with email or text, reception seems to be as it always was... so a lot of these may not really be issues with the code.

What is wrong with Pandora? Are you using it over Wifi or EVDO?

we never said 1.4 doesnt have issues, we were simply responding to the issues that the OP listed that he said came from 1.4, which are clearly not any part of the issues you listed. there is a separate thread for that, we all know of:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-4-issues.html

Which half of his listed problems are 1.4 issues that are Palm's issues?
    He didn't mention "no reception, Ev to 1x, 5 bars to bar eveyr 10 seconds. Pandora, emal, text, web not working, navigation not working".
    I have no problems. I had to doctor as I always Dr after an update. No Denial Here. I have had the Pre since 8am June 6, I've gone through 8 devices. I have tweak, patched and themed my device. I have NON of the problems you describe. Called Sprint and they said nothing about "known" issues with 1.4.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Go cry about it, you already bought the phone. Wah.

How many threads do there need to be about WebOS 1.4?

Palm is in trouble, they're spitting out updates faster than most operating systems do, and yet every time there's an update there's about 6000 people on the PreCentral.net forums that think that they should be head of software development at Palm.

If you have an issue with 1.4, there is a thread for that. If you're disappointed in Palm and are thinking of leaving, there is a thread for that. If you want to whine about making a poor decision (for you) as to what to do with 200-400 of your dollars, there is a thread for that.

What makes your problems with 1.4 so special that it needs it's own thread?
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I have no problems. I had to doctor as I always Dr after an update. No Denial Here. I have had the Pre since 8am June 6, I've gone through 8 devices. I have tweak, patched and themed my device. I have NON of the problems you describe. Called Sprint and they said nothing about "known" issues with 1.4.
    LOL, you erased "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you" That is gonna be my new signature
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    LOL, you erased "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you" That is gonna be my new signature
    I am working on my civility. Can't be President if your not Civil.

oh I meant Civicity....

So...

I thought that I'd give the 1.4 update one last chance before I made the switch to iphone...
    ...................................blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ....................................iphone... here I come...
    Folks what we have here is a carbon unit problem. Nothing to do with the phone. Move along nothing to see
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Folks...

I hope the Docotor works for you. It has to be frustrating to loose all that functionality. Luckily I haven't had the same, but I think the geography of every patched pre is unique to the individual. It becomes so hard to say what could be wrong at times.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I think everyone who uses patches/preware should know how to use the doctor
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustiq View Post
    Palm is in trouble, they're spitting out updates faster than most operating systems do, and yet every time there's an update there's about 6000 people on the PreCentral.net forums that think that they should be head of software development at Palm.
    Actually, I think it's more like there's about 6 people, and they're complaining 1000 times each about the same issues...
    Folks...

Listen my friend,
    The reason people are getting hostile with you is because you come in here with a list, I'm sorry numbered list of complaints and most have nothing to do with Preware. Most people that decide to "hack" their phone is asking for trouble. Whenever you hack or modify anything for that matter, you're asking for trouble. You're leaving a really good phone for a phone that you can't do anything with unless you hack it, I had an iPhone that was jailbroken and needed to "doctor" it plenty of times. I've had to doctor my Pre a few times, but this comes with the risk of hacking your device.

You've been a member since August of 09 so you should know by now that you were going to get flamed when mentioning that you are leaving to the iPhone. You want help? Read the threads at the top that say "Issues w/1.4" and ask for help, people here are more than happy to oblige. Here you didn't ask for help, you just started a new RANT thread which people hate. Not just on this forum but on all forums. We don't care that you're leaving, go it's no sweat off our .....

Again you want help, ask for it and you shall receive. I hope you enjoy your iPhone cause I sure as heck didn't.
    Thank you
    Last edited by djorijun; 03/04/2010 at 03:37 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast