Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    hello everyone! I also was having MAJOR battery drainage issues after the 1.4 update. I would be at about 25% at lunchtime with light usage. I saw a suggestion on the other thread and wanted to pass it along as it worked like magic for me!

The poster (I will try to find the post so I can give him/her credit!) suggested to disable the Palm backup and delete the online backup. Then when that is done, reboot your phone, re-enable the backup and do a new backup. The logic was there was something in the old backup that was causing the phone to constantly try to update a file or app that was no longer there.

So I followed the advice, disabled the backup, deleted the file, and then after a reboot reenabled backup and made a fresh backup. The results were nothing short of amazing! It is 3 pm and after heavy usage all day, I am still sitting at 86%! Battery life is much better overall compared to 1.3.5...so I am finally seeing the supposed battery life improvements that have been touted with 1.4.

I am not saying this will fix the battery issues for everyone, but it is a easy fix and I recommend anyone who is having serious battery issues to give it a try!
    Mine is currently on the USB charger as it was at 58%. I took it off the charger at 6am and it's now 11:55am. I've made two short calls, checked Preware once for updates, and added three events into my calander. WOW!
    Also I might add that I don't seem to notice that the apps load any faster. They just have that silly flashing card prior to loading now.
  3. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Yea mine too, battery life sucks now
    i'm running at 600mhz and its still lasting longer than 1.3.5.1
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    hello everyone! I also was having MAJOR battery drainage issues after the 1.4 update. I would be at about 25% at lunchtime with light usage. I saw a suggestion on the other thread and wanted to pass it along as it worked like magic for me!

The poster (I will try to find the post so I can give him/her credit!) suggested to disable the Palm backup and delete the online backup. Then when that is done, reboot your phone, re-enable the backup and do a new backup. The logic was there was something in the old backup that was causing the phone to constantly try to update a file or app that was no longer there.

So I followed the advice, disabled the backup, deleted the file, and then after a reboot reenabled backup and made a fresh backup. The results were nothing short of amazing! It is 3 pm and after heavy usage all day, I am still sitting at 86%! Battery life is much better overall compared to 1.3.5...so I am finally seeing the supposed battery life improvements that have been touted with 1.4.

I am not saying this will fix the battery issues for everyone, but it is a easy fix and I recommend anyone who is having serious battery issues to give it a try!
    Trying this right now, I'll try to remember to let you know tomorrow if it helps
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    Trying this right now, I'll try to remember to let you know tomorrow if it helps
    yea do so, maybe that could be it

I'm going to give this a try as well.. I just turned off my backup and rebooted my phone. I will then turn it back on later when I have a solid signal and see what happens. I've done everything I can but I cant go more than 5 hours of IDLE time before my battery is down to 30%

I've been taking part in the other thread about this issue, and there is a Palm Tech there as well and a few of us have sent him log files from our phones to try and find the issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ife-1-4-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    I fall into the "battery dies quicker" group too.

Fortunately my phone is on a Touchstone all day most of the week, but when it's not it drains noticeably quicker than before 1.4.
    Same here.
    My got better as posted on another post. Previously I was getting 6-8 hours per charge, max. Now I'm currently at 10% left after 35 hours if mild-medium usage.

Thanks for the info! I just tried this and am leaving my phone off the charger to see if it works. *fingers crossed*
    I am trying the back up thing now. My phone is charging but has dropped from 97% to 95% in 10 minutes all while on the charger, go figure. I deleted the backup, rebooted and not trying to get the back up turned back on. It doesn't seem to want to turn back on now, just sits there. GREAT!!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I noticed that the last time my phone did backup was on the 25th of Feb, i tried backing up and it sticks so i hope this works.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Another person that will try the backup trick... Ill let you know in a day or two what happened...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    i get around an hour or two more battery life during a full chage
    I to hope this works my pre dies in about 5 hours with almost no usage at all it really sucks... this may be the deal breaker with this phone for me... and its a shame cuz i love my pre.. anyone elses phone dying so quickly?
    How do you delete the online backup file? Is this deleting my palm profile on palm website?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyred79 View Post
    Sorry if there is another thread addressing this issue (didn't see one in the first few pages), but I have the Seiko larger battery which has so far been amazing, but after this 1.4 update I feel as if it is draining faster??? I don't do a lot of voice chatting but usually my battery is at least around 90% by midday and today it's already down to 78% even after a full over-night charge.. Allegedly the battery performance was supposed to be even 'better' after 1.4.. Anyone else experience this?
    My battery was only lasting from 7am til 12noon. after 1.4, with heavy to moderate use checking emails, texting, phone calls, and internet all day it has a 60% charge by 7pm. I can forget to charge it overnight and still use it for a full day.

I changed the Wi-fi to shutoff when the screen goes to sleep and I cycled through all my Radios (##3836#). I don't know why that worked because I don't have wi-fi at home or work. I was willing to do anything to get better battery life without spending money on a new battery. The battery was like that before the 1.3.5 update and went to sh!t after.
    I tired the backup trick in 1.3.5 but didn't notice a difference, I didn't notice a difference in battery life from the update but just ran it through the dr to double check.
    I was getting a 50 percent battery at noon when I would normally have around 85 percent. Also, I had noticed that the phone has been running hot just like it did the week of the original Pre launch. Thanks for tip and lets see if it really does the trick.
    I added this to another thread already but for you here ... this happened on the last 2 updates to many people as well, including myself ... give it a few days and just keep charging it, its a kink that seems to work itself out! I am going to try the back up suggestion to see if it helps faster!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast