1.    #1  
    So here I am, doing my daily routine of using my pre and installing all app updates. It installs the new updates (namely the facebook one) and everything is working fine. A few minutes later i get a notification from the pre that ive never seen before saying i need to resync my palm profile, and therefor must reboot and relogin. I do as it says and reboot, enter palm profile info, and then it asks me to re enter login information for the facebook app, no big deal, i do so. It continues and boots the phone. ALL MY APPS ARE GONE. The phone has gone back to factory defaults. What in the **** is up with this!?!? I went into the app store to look at my installed apps and it says i have none installed. This is really really ****ing me off. Why would this happen all of a sudden. It is going to take forever to get my phone back to where it was. What the **** happened?
    Are you already on WebOS 1.4? Did you have the newest PreWare? or any PreWare version installed? Any other Patches??
  3.    #3  
    I have webos 1.4. I had preware on my phone with patches but didnt remove them before updating to 1.4 because form my understanding I didnt have to. I hadnt updated preware yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkylover21 View Post
    So here I am, doing my daily routine of using my pre and installing all app updates. It installs the new updates (namely the facebook one) and everything is working fine. A few minutes later i get a notification from the pre that ive never seen before saying i need to resync my palm profile, and therefor must reboot and relogin. I do as it says and reboot, enter palm profile info, and then it asks me to re enter login information for the facebook app, no big deal, i do so. It continues and boots the phone. ALL MY APPS ARE GONE. The phone has gone back to factory defaults. What in the **** is up with this!?!? I went into the app store to look at my installed apps and it says i have none installed. This is really really ****ing me off. Why would this happen all of a sudden. It is going to take forever to get my phone back to where it was. What the **** happened?
    Check your memory, if it's the same amount used then your apps are still there. Go to device info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data. You will have to re-login to your profile but then everything should come back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    I have 6.1 gb free of my 8 gb. Im assuming that space is being taken up by my music, pictures, and videos which still remain. But in my Device Info the only software that it says is installed is the stock apps. Seriously this blows. Where did this come from!
    Not sure, but are you sure you logged into the correct Palm profile? All of your app information is stored under your profile in the "cloud".
  7.    #7  
    Yes im logged into the right palm profile...
    vza33 has the fix
    Check your memory, if it's the same amount used then your apps are still there. Go to device info > Reset Options > Erase Apps & Data. You will have to re-login to your profile but then everything should come back.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 03/04/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Thanks for this method. I figured, well the apps arent on the phone, what do i have to lose. So i erased all apps and data in the reset option and rebooted, re-logged into my palm profile and other accounts and booted. Everything is back and downloading now. I hope my saved games come back, i.e. Avatar, dont wanna start that over heh.
    you lost the game save !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->