1.    #1  
    I am a Palm Treo (Verizon) owner looking to get the Palm Pre Plus. I love my Palm Desktop application.
    Does the new Palm Pre Plus have one, or do you need to use the Google Calendar as your desktop?

Also, I know there is a "task" function on the Palm Pre Plus- if I add tasks on my phone, then where can I view it online?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDRock View Post
    I am a Palm Treo (Verizon) owner looking to get the Palm Pre Plus. I love my Palm Desktop application.
    Does the new Palm Pre Plus have one, or do you need to use the Google Calendar as your desktop?

Also, I know there is a "task" function on the Palm Pre Plus- if I add tasks on my phone, then where can I view it online?
    The Pre is not compatible with Palm OS Desktop without third-party help. You can switch over to Google calendar as your desktop calendar and it does have a task function.

If you want to stay with your Palm OS Desktop (or with Microsoft Outlook), you will need to buy a third-party sync app. I use Palm OS desktop and I bought CompanionLink for Google (about $40). It allows for a three-way sync. It syncs between Palm OS Desktop and Google calendar. And you set your Pre to sync with Google calendar.
    I'm an old-time, unredeemed Palm Desktop user and with the Pre I have been using Echo from Chapura to synch --

Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura

It's worked quite well for my needs.

Dave
  4.    #4  
    Did you feel the CompanionLink was a good purchase? Does it have the same capability of the (old) Palm Desktop software? Does the interface change at all?