1.    #1  
    I was thinking since June 6 till 1.4 announcement the Palm webos could have left a bad taste in some potential customers. So I think Palm should make a commercial showing the progression of baby webos (june 6th) up till 1.4 . A timeline showing how the features were added so this will cast away any doubts the once potential buyer had. For example if a June 6 buyer came in and was deterred from buying bc it lacked a video this commercial will notify him that it has it now!!!!! It wins back every customer!!! What do you think?!?!
  2.    #2  
    if a buyer in mid august came in for games they show it in the time line someone playing NFS...you get the point
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    I was thinking since June 6 till 1.4 announcement the Palm webos could have left a bad taste in some potential customers. So I think Palm should make a commercial showing the progression of baby webos (june 6th) up till 1.4 . A timeline showing how the features were added so this will cast away any doubts the once potential buyer had. For example if a June 6 buyer came in and was deterred from buying bc it lacked a video this commercial will notify him that it has it now!!!!! It wins back every customer!!! What do you think?!?!
    I'm with you on the idea of telling customers what webOS can do now. But...

I would not be in favor of putting out an ad that told people the former deficiencies of a product. It's good to tell them something like "you can X with our product..." but not good to say "you couldn't do X with our product before..." First, it conveys the notion that you had a weak product. Second, there may be people out there that are not familiar with webOS so they don't need to know that it's improved. Just show them that it's a good product NOW.

My suggestion would be to just show the features...period...and show how they're useful in daily life. And make sure everyone sees multitasking!!! (and throw in the 3D games, too.) webOS has advantages and Palm simply needs to show them off.
    ^^^ agreed, i wouldn't show that is used to miss features. i would just show that this phone can do a lot, all at the same time.
    Thats sounds like a really good idea but i dont think that it will entice too many people when the "too many cards" error pops up in the middle of the commercial..
    Quote Originally Posted by exterminateu2 View Post
    Thats sounds like a really good idea but i dont think that it will entice too many people when the "too many cards" error pops up in the middle of the commercial..
    all i could do was lol.

+1 for new commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by exterminateu2 View Post
    Thats why we would have to use a Pre Plus.
    I don't think there's a problem with showing people how it has progressed - you don't have to say, "Hey, we didn't have video recording before"; you simply say, "And on February XXX, video recording was added."

Think about your car - Chevy doesn't advertise "We used to not have anti-lock brakes." They just say it is part of the included features now.

I think the emphasis of the original post was to specifically answer those who didn't choose the Pre because it didn't have some features. Now they will be reminded of the product and see that it does include the features they wanted.

My advertising background - Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Communications. It never hurts to say that you're always improving.
    That could actually make an interesting commercial. Palms major point should be that they added all this extra functionality without charging for it. They should make a point with patching in video recording (a major feature) for nothing. Let the consumer know that their device will be supported.
    I think the 52 second "Palm Pre" video that comes with device, with some minor modifications, would make an excellent commercial.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  11.    #11  
    fisack 23 you are on the money how to phrase it!!! We need to get every possible customer back on board that were detered!!! Showing all the functions that were added since inception
    I'm with jeffcoat
    my bad jjeffcoat
    Palm should also have something that compares the form factor of the phone as well. Would you rather a nice sleek, compact and powerful device or an iphone thats the size of a brick and may as well include a shoulder strap.
    I think just showing what the phone does would make the best commercial. A la iphone.

..or me. (in signature)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html