Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    when you try to login it apprears its not even connection to the facebook site because you can put in any user name or password and it does the same thing nothing.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Device info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data.
    Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by madman12 View Post
    Device info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data.
    Worked for me.
    Thanks..well at least we know how to get it to work. The downside is it erases all the apps?? Not the best solution for those of us that have paid apps sitting in the phone, or a zillion apps we have to reinstall.

Are we allowed to redownload apps we've already paid for?
    Users who are experiencing this issue please send me a private message. Would like to capture some log files from the device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    quit typing in the wrong password (my friend did this after complaining to me for like 10 min...)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by willythegnome View Post
    Thanks..well at least we know how to get it to work. The downside is it erases all the apps?? Not the best solution for those of us that have paid apps sitting in the phone, or a zillion apps we have to reinstall.

Are we allowed to redownload apps we've already paid for?
    did you do the reset? any issues with your current apps? im thiking on doing it
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    did you do the reset? any issues with your current apps? im thiking on doing it
    Nope, didn't want to wipe my apps. I did PM the palm rep and sent him my logs so I think they're on it. Eh we survived this long without the app, another day or two won't hurt.
  9.    #29  
    Nope, didn't want to wipe my apps. I did PM the palm rep and sent him my logs so I think they're on it. Eh we survived this long without the app, another day or two won't hurt.
    lol.. true, i won't risk loosing my other apps for the fb.. i'll wait ! thanks
    hm, still having the issue today, no change. One thing I noticed is I'm able to sync my facebook contacts, all of them go into my contacts list fine.

I just can't actually log into facebook. =P
    Ok..finally got the app to work, and what a process it was.

1) Ran the backup app to sync all my data and apps to the Palm server.
    2) Went to Device info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data.
    3) When the phone booted up again, resynced my phone to the palm server, waited until everything finished.
    4) Ran the facebook app, it *finally* let me sign in, but had bugs, couldn't get to some parts of the site.
    5) Uninstalled the facebook app, reinstalled the facebook, voila, finally got it to fully function.

6) Expressed dismay that after all that effort, the app isn't that great. But hey, huge improvement over the last one.

Hope that helps those of you who were having issues signing in with the Facebook app!
    for every one having this LOGIN issue tap:

launcher > divice info app > reset options > Erase App & Data

This should do the trick, don't worry about loosing anything is backed up your phone does it every 24 hours but just in case before u do the rest go to the Buckup App and do it manually.
    the 'erase data & apps' did the trick, fb finally works for me as well. Don't worry about losing apps , etc. Everything is backed up. It's takes awhile for everything to restore but you won't lose anything except text msgs.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank you so much! Got it to work.

Ok..finally got the app to work, and what a process it was.

1) Ran the backup app to sync all my data and apps to the Palm server.
    2) Went to Device info -> Reset Options -> Erase Apps & Data.
    3) When the phone booted up again, resynced my phone to the palm server, waited until everything finished.
    4) Ran the facebook app, it *finally* let me sign in, but had bugs, couldn't get to some parts of the site.
    5) Uninstalled the facebook app, reinstalled the facebook, voila, finally got it to fully function.

6) Expressed dismay that after all that effort, the app isn't that great. But hey, huge improvement over the last one.

Hope that helps those of you who were having issues signing in with the Facebook app!
    I never had to log in to begin with. I just created a facebook account tonight, added a few friends, then went to my Pre and added facebook to my accounts and entered my username and password. I then added the facebook app, started it, and I was already signed it.

Is it normal that you can comment on pics but can't see the comments others left? Also, the wall doesn't seem to show everything, like the notifications when someone is new friends with someone. Also, I changed my relationship status and I can't see any comments done to that either.

I guess that's normal and hopefully Palm will add more functionality to it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12