1.    #1  
    Hi!
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the ''Sprint'' from the upper left corner of the display? ...Or perhaps create a patch that lets you change the ''Sprint'' to whatever word you choose? It may be their service, but it's MY phone! thanks!
    -J
    as of right now , not including any themes there are only two choices until someone comes up with a patch like that. I would ask jason r. he could probably put something like that into webos QI . Probably would be the easiest way to do that . Until then there are 2 patches that change it, one changes to the date and the other changes it to palm.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Uhmmm Theres actually a patch that changes it to "Palm". Go get it from WebOs Quick install. I forgot what its called. I also had a problem with it saying Sprint, because Sprint sucks lol.

Edit: Its called "Palm Carrier String" by Jason R.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    There is also a patch that replaces Sprint with the SSID of the WiFi network you are connected to. It reverts to Sprint when no WiFi. Check under Top Bar patches in Preware for all the current options.
    There are at least 3 patches that will change the carrier string to something else... and I believe there was a thread around here with instructions on how to modify one of those patches so you could specify what you want to change it to.

Bottom line, the key words you want to search for are "carrier string"... that will show you what's available to change that "Sprint".
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Rhino View Post
    The show SSID patch? Actually I just installed it and it does not seem to work for me on Web OS 1.4. And before you ask yes I did reatart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamcauley View Post
    Hi!
    Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the ''Sprint'' from the upper left corner of the display? ...Or perhaps create a patch that lets you change the ''Sprint'' to whatever word you choose? It may be their service, but it's MY phone! thanks!
    -J
    Switch to Verizon and get a new Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)