Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You know people keep saying that CDMA doesn't allow you to talk and browse at the same time...but for some odd reason, I can do it on my phone. I have no problem pulling up the browser or sending/receiving an sms/mms WHILE talking.

And NO I'm not using WiFi either. Regular Sprint network here. Maybe us Michigan folk are special.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    also on a gsm phone, if you are driving you can hear the phone call being 'passed' from tower to tower. The gsm radius is smaller and the 'hand off' between towers is more inconsistant than cdma, which results in more dropped calls
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    You know people keep saying that CDMA doesn't allow you to talk and browse at the same time...but for some odd reason, I can do it on my phone. I have no problem pulling up the browser or sending/receiving an sms/mms WHILE talking.

And NO I'm not using WiFi either. Regular Sprint network here. Maybe us Michigan folk are special.

uh.....how?
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    uh.....how?
    Uh...I dunno. but it does it just fine. Tested it just a minute ago too.
    Why do you think my signature says that? It's said that forever.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Uh...I dunno. but it does it just fine. Tested it just a minute ago too.
    Why do you think my signature says that? It's said that forever.
    It works fine for me as well. I haven't called to see if other areas could do it, but it's entirely possible some parts of the network are enabled and others aren't. It IS just a server block, not a hardware issue.
    I have both and she is right, she is referring to push notifications regarding the IM. you can multitask but you need to be jailbroken and have an app called backgrounder.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    thumbs up for amistak. Great argument. It's silly that she is even trying to defend iphones multitasking. Maybe if she had a droid but still, when it comes to doing more than one thing at once, pre is second to none
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts

You must be special cuz I just tried it and as soon as I hit the call button EV icon goes bye bye.
    don't use your phone at the beach. it'll get all sandy.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    She is never right until she has a ring on her finger... then she is never wrong.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Umm i think you guys are wrong. the iPhone can't handle anything. Below are the realistic steps of the iPhone.

1) Call friend to find out where to go to dinner
    2) Try to look up where to go and ratings of the place
    3) Lose service because you are on AT&T
    4) Curse loudly because you've dropped yet another call
    5) Realize that it multitasks for 1% of the population of AT&T users who somehow luck out in keeping service active long enough to accomplish something.

Haha. Well that was fun. I guess mostly only applicable to US iPhones. Btw is there a GSM Pre out?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Btw is there a GSM Pre out?

of course. otherwise you wouldn't have Pres in Europe

btw, GSM is oldfashioned? not being able to use voice and data simultaneously is oldfashioned, my friend.
    Is your girlfriend iJustine?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    of course. otherwise you wouldn't have Pres in Europe

btw, GSM is oldfashioned? not being able to use voice and data simultaneously is oldfashioned, my friend.
    Actually GSM can't do simultaneous voice and data. UMTS can.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I debate with my friend(iphone user) all day..he basically don't like the form factor on how small it is...but yesterday he needed MY FLASHLIGHT from my pre to see becuz of a power outage,he was amazed on how bright it was. But he always call my pre an egg...he likes writing the pre sucks on my facebook wall..lol
    OK, I have a CDMA vs. GSM question. My boss has a blackberry on at&t and he complains that when he gets off a plane in a different time zone it does not pick up the local time automatically. My Sprint phones (going back to '02) have always done this with no problem. Is it at&t? Sprint? CDMA? GSM? Just my boss being dumb (hope he desnt read this!)
    ****PRECLAIMER****** I DO NOT CONDONE PHYSICAL VIOLENCE

With that being said, take the IPhone and throw it at your girlfriends face. Then throw the Pre at her face. Ask her which one hurt more. With the IPhone being a heavy brick, she will automatically say the Iphone. Which one does she want now?

On a CDMA network you CAN talk and text at the same time. It goes through 1X. I don't know about browsing, maybe everything was cached. Also the text part of a MMS would work just not the media part because that would go through EVDO.
  19.    #39  
    So I guess if Verizon/Sprint want the iPhone, they're going to convert their signal to GSM correct?
    I sure hope they dont make that mistake lol
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast