1.    #1  
    For me:

1.Multitasking at its best.

2.Wireless tethering. (To use with my netbook or ipod touch at work or on the go)

3.Nice new Facebook App.

4.Pre catching up with competitor (Alot of pages load perfectly for pre, without
    the need of iphone spoof patch, eg. mobilebanking.chase.com works as
    though it was made for the pre. also fandango.com now give u the 3 options like the iphone to either load mobile page, dl the app from the palm catalog, or full site.)

5.Catching funny moments at work and posting them to youtube.

6.Being able to download music directly to my phone with the multimod app
    and sites like dilandau.com

7.Cool 3d games (my fav. Tetris, Gangstar, Assassins Creed, and Brothers in
    Arms)

What makes you happy owning this phone?
    1. It's Palm. I'm sortof a ******. Don't tell anyone.
    2. The OS is pretty darn good, especially given the short development time, even the bugs aren't all that bad compared to the overall polish.
    3. An app store that doesn't have 100 fart generator apps in it. Says alot about the maturity level of Palm users.
    4. Part of the previous 2. Apps that are easily installed, a great user generated app base that doesn't get disabled every OS update, so far, great community support.

Other stuff. I wanted a nice quality phone that wasn't just a half-baked brick with a keyboard. I got what I paid for, IMO, and then some.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    1. It's Palm. I'm sortof a ******. Don't tell anyone.
    2. The OS is pretty darn good, especially given the short development time, even the bugs aren't all that bad compared to the overall polish.
    3. An app store that doesn't have 100 fart generator apps in it. Says alot about the maturity level of Palm users.
    4. Part of the previous 2. Apps that are easily installed, a great user generated app base that doesn't get disabled every OS update, so far, great community support.

Other stuff. I wanted a nice quality phone that wasn't just a half-baked brick with a keyboard. I got what I paid for, IMO, and then some.
    Aside from #1(just love mobile tech all around)this is pretty much how I feel.

I would add

1)touchstone is one cool deal to have around the house(just need a little portable one to piggy back anywhere)
    2)smaller form factor than most "all touch" phones
    3)MULTITASKING
    4) ipoon's 3D games/ease of porting almost anything over from anything
    5)cant forget the gesture, so dang useful
    6)always love the under dog(palm)
    7)synergy
    8)seeing webOS mature into a full blown OS
    9)hmmm???????? Love almost every thing about my PRE, I may be a palm phan boyee my self
    multi task.
    Multi-task, keyboard, excellent notifications. This is why I love my Pre Oh and web browser, like the page up and down with gesture area when in landscape.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yesterday I was at work, and I was using MyTether to surf the net on my laptop, listening to a podcast through my stereo (via a cable), having an IM conversation with a buddy, getting my email, all at the same time while my Pre was just sitting on a Touchstone.

At that moment I realized that this was a pretty cool little device.
    It is still the UI. And synergy. And multi-tasking. And with the 1.4 update, it is also more responsive.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    So many reasons.

1. Notifications
    2. Multitasking
    3. Keyboard
    4. Touchstone
    5. Gestures
    6. Synergy

Just off the top of my head
    Multitasking
    Synergy
    Best touch screen UI navigation
    Touchstone
    Size (not to big but not to small)
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    /\ all of the above

Also I guess I got lucky getting a "Good Pre", I've had the same device since last September and the thing has been working great! No Oreo effect, good screen response, & fairly decent battery life.

And I LOVE THE SIZE!! It bugs me to hear people wishing Palm had instead made a much bigger Pre with huge +4" screen. I wouldn't have bought one if it was a big clunky device like the current iPhone.