Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21  
    I have NEVER heard of this correlation.

    Nearly every single blown speaker I have seen comes from excessive magnetic shavings on the mesh of the speaker.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
  2. #22  
    Actually, the electromagnet (voice coil) is attached to the cone and moves with it, the permanent magnet is fixed to the frame of the speaker. The permanent magnet would have too much mass to be vibrating back and forth. Ex: look at a big woofer with a giant magnet on the back of it. I've taken apart my fair share of speakers to get the magnets (when I was a kid..)
  3. #23  
    I strongly suspect you're right, which only makes it more unlikely that another stationary magnet almost an inch away could cause damage.

    Either way, it's pretty clear that a touchstone can't blow your speaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Actually, the electromagnet (voice coil) is attached to the cone and moves with it, the permanent magnet is fixed to the frame of the speaker. The permanent magnet would have too much mass to be vibrating back and forth. Ex: look at a big woofer with a giant magnet on the back of it. I've taken apart my fair share of speakers to get the magnets (when I was a kid..)
  4. jezer29's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #24  
    mines blew up without even having a TS > the was PrPrPr&#$275$; #$3$ still love the Pre though
  5. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #25  
    I've had two pre's with blown speakers. I'd say it's a definite possibility.
  6. #26  
    I have always been told to keep magnets away from computers, so I do..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions