Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The other Facebook thread is filled with people with failed updates, so I made this one for pure content on how the app can be improved.

The strangest omission I've noticed is notifications. Background notifications would also be great, but I can't understand how they left out something as simple as notifications. This seems like this is a no-brainer to add,especially if you're going to put so much work into the app. I'll unfortunately have to keep using x.facebook.com. Either that, or I'll just configure Facebook to e-mail me upon every notification.

Facebook chat would also be nice, but I think that this is something that should be integrated into the messaging app (like AIM), rather than being part of the facebook app.

Am I missing anything?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Basically everything you said.
    chat
    I don't chat much, but I would love to have the ability to respond to events. Notifications would be nice too.

Overall, though, I'm still really happy with this app. Great job Palm!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    maybe be able to switch from news feed and recent feed
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    I did not see a way to review/approve/deny friend requests. That would be a big plus to have, but probably just for a few.
    Palm's already said that they plan to update the app soon and often. I'm sure they'd love to hear suggestions like notifications and chat, and I'd be surprised if they don't already have these on their list.

My personal favorite way to get ideas in front of Palm is to tweet and include @Palm in the message. Retweets then show Palm that there are a number of people interested in the topic, and they often respond.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The other Facebook thread is filled with people with failed updates, so I made this one for pure content on how the app can be improved.

The strangest omission I've noticed is notifications. Background notifications would also be great, but I can't understand how they left out something as simple as notifications. This seems like this is a no-brainer to add,especially if you're going to put so much work into the app. I'll unfortunately have to keep using x.facebook.com. Either that, or I'll just configure Facebook to e-mail me upon every notification.

Facebook chat would also be nice, but I think that this is something that should be integrated into the messaging app (like AIM), rather than being part of the facebook app.

Am I missing anything?
    If you login to the regular facebook(not mobile) the chat does work
    I think it's fine. no need for chat or notifications here. I already have FB sending me texts for the stuff I want to know about.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oly8ball View Post
    If you login to the regular facebook(not mobile) the chat does work
    That is very cumbersome. Also, the idea is to not have to log into the site...otherwise there would be no facebook app at all.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    maybe be able to switch from news feed and recent feed
    1+
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I think it's fine. no need for chat or notifications here. I already have FB sending me texts for the stuff I want to know about.
    I'm with you, I guess Notifications would be a nice touch but I get emails when someone comments on my status. I don't think I've EVER used the Facebook chat so that would be out for me... Although I did read on here some where that if you input the right website for facebook you can get the chat...
    notifications and for me that's about it.
    lite.facebook.com has chat
    ability to sync only the friends you want with your contact list instead forcing an all or nothing sync.
    I don't mean to sound like an iPhone lover, but pretty much everything the iPhone app can do I want ours to do. I'm just as confused as you about the omission of notifications. I would love chat too, but I also believe that should be integrated into the messaging app.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Chat. Period.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Notifications (dammit!), birthday listings, event wall/photos, pokes, and a way to delete things (oop, double-tap).

The update is a huge improvement, but still not enough to be "the" Facebook interface for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Notifications (dammit!), birthday listings, event wall/photos, pokes, and a way to delete things (oop, double-tap).

The update is a huge improvement, but still not enough to be "the" Facebook interface for me.
    People still poke on Facebook?

Birthday listings is already built in to the new app.

I'd like to be able to know who Likes my (and others') status - as is, I can see that 3 people like something, but I have no idea who.

EDIT: But first and foremost, this is a wonderful upgrade and I join others in commending Palm on a job well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Yes, since I already receive notifications through text or e-mail, it's not a big deal that they're not included in the app.

I really don't need anything else dragging down the battery anyway.

Background notifications were not the priority for this update, but basic functionality was.

Great job, Palm.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast