Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1. Chat
    2. Friends requests (adding, etc)
    3. Notifications from within the Facebook GUI (not a separate notification system)
    4. Being able to remove wall posts, comments, etc.
    5. Tagging photos
    6. Being able to change your Profile Picture from your Pre (currently it can only be done if you're using a previous profile picture. You can't change your profile pic to a picture from a photo album).
    Last edited by Achill3s; 03/05/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    ability to sync only the friends you want with your contact list instead forcing an all or nothing sync.
    That has nothing to do with the Facebook app. Syncing of contacts with Facebook is part of Synergy in WebOS, not the Facebook app. If you completely removed the Facebook app (or never installed it in the first place) you can still sync Facebook contacts through Synergy.

If you don't want the Facebook contacts on your phone then go into the Contacts app and remove the Facebook account from Preferences.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The other Facebook thread is filled with people with failed updates, so I made this one for pure content on how the app can be improved.

The strangest omission I've noticed is notifications. Background notifications would also be great, but I can't understand how they left out something as simple as notifications. This seems like this is a no-brainer to add,especially if you're going to put so much work into the app. I'll unfortunately have to keep using x.facebook.com. Either that, or I'll just configure Facebook to e-mail me upon every notification.

Facebook chat would also be nice, but I think that this is something that should be integrated into the messaging app (like AIM), rather than being part of the facebook app.

Am I missing anything?
    I hope someone from Palm reads this thread, because if everything you said was included in the next facebook update I will be extremely happy
    pictures in messeges in my inbox don't show up.
    i heard it can't accept friend requests.
    personally I don't care about notifications or chat. i use facebook but i don't need people contacting me all the time and i'm not hanging on everybody's posts.
    Video support - Palm just gave us the ability to take videos and post them to Facebook, why not let us view those posted? (especially from other WebOS users)

FriendsBook does this.
    What I would really love in the facebook app/facebook integration:

• birthdays showing up in calendars
    • facebook chat showing up in messaging. Should be easy, now that fb allows xmpp (same as gtalk)
    • integration of facebook mails into the mail app, i.e. allow sending of facebook msgs from universal search/contacts app
    • access to facebook notifications
    • correct timezones for facebook calendar
    • ability to see WHO exactly "liked" something
    • optional background notifications

While I still feel this app is unfinished and Facebook integration into WebOS is still lacking, I'm really happy about the update, now I won't have to use the website any more.

On a related note, I want to be able to add reminders to read-only calendars, i.e. facebook/gmail contacts' birthdays
    a bigger keyboard, a bigger screen, flash so I can play farmville (even though I hate it) chat and everything els you asked!!!! Ha!!!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Chat would complete it for me
    Notifications!

I would like background notifications (as an option) but I would be happy just having a link to the list like the touch-dot site does.

I would also like a listing for event requests, game gift requests, etc...

I would like to see Facebook Chat integrated into the Messaging App also. But this isn't as big an issue to me as the notifications.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Notifications, FB chat, and video uploads.

It'll probably kill the battery, but notifications to your phone would also be pretty cool. Like on the bottom it would say "Someone commented on your status".
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    I don't see anyway to delete messages from my inbox. I'd like to be able to get rid of those. And of course chat.
    GREAT APP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fheinle View Post

• facebook chat showing up in messaging. Should be easy, now that fb allows xmpp (same as gtalk)
    • integration of facebook mails into the mail app, i.e. allow sending of facebook msgs from universal search/contacts app

While I still feel this app is unfinished and Facebook integration into WebOS is still lacking, I'm really happy about the update, now I won't have to use the website any more.

On a related note, I want to be able to add reminders to read-only calendars, i.e. facebook/gmail contacts' birthdays
    Sounds about right. I've been saying for a while that integrating facebook chat into messaging would be a piece of cake with XMPP support. I'm currently using the homebrewed Jabber plugin for this purpose.

Facebook is planning their own email service. I think adding that account into the email app would be a great way to integrate Facebook messaging into WebOS.

Integration into WebOS is a big key for me with any app. I'd much rather services and features of apps integrate into the WebOS ecosystem rather than exist only within the app.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fheinle View Post

This.

I'd also like Photoroll to have a facebook (and picasa) section that autoload, and I'd like Videos to have a facebook videos section. Put it all together intelligently.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    To me pretty simple... Chat (Duh)... Background notifications...and TAGGING!!!... I want to be able to tag people in my status, responses and on pics... very important!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    The ability to select the group of friends I see in my news feed. Just let me pick a group. If you let me set that as a default, even better.
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    Automatic refresh everytime you launch the app.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    apart from the obvious, I would like to see @mentions allowed in statuses
    view groups and pages
    Anybody noticed that the facebook app doesn't show TODAY birthdays?
    --Marvin
    I think it should include farmville.....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast