Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got home from a day at work, I had to work at VZW corporate office in Southfeild MI, near Detroit... While working their I began to get distracted trying to see what phones their employees were using. As I walked by hundreds of employees it seemed to be a theme.....Motorolla Droid not only did 99% of the employees I saw with droids on there desks, I also saw poster upon poster of Droid Doesn't.... I was on three different floors and did not see one Palm phone or Palm advertising. I did notice that 1 out of 10 people used BB and there were a few BB posters up.. After a very distracting day at work I have to admit it was a little depressing not seeing one Palm phone in the mix! Anyway just wanted to point out the obvious, VZW backs the Droid like no other....
    yeah, that was my impression. You sell what you know, and they know droid.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    They probably got a bulk discount for internal use. That's a common practice. I doubt the employees had a choice in the matter. I know of one semi-large company that's switching everybody from Blackberries to Nexus Ones this month for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, that was my impression. You sell what you know, and they know droid.
    exactly...i was playing wit my boyz droid n I swear I'm not try to talk s hi t but it didn't feel nothing like my pre...i get pist off cause I keep on telling ppl, if you guys only know what this ph is capable of, I KNW FOR A FACT THAT THE PROBLEM IS THAT NOBODY KNOW HOW THIS PH IS!!!! N I have to blame palm for that bcause it all started at the beginning wit the ads...if they whould of focus on the exact features of the ph....nobody knows about n what this phone is capable of
    Palm should really ask for their money back for that creepy girl commercials
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Palm should really ask for their money back for that creepy girl commercials
    lol...for real cause thats where the beginning of the end started, instead of her detail the damn features
    HAHA most vzw reps dont even get a free phone or free usage! they get good prices on phones but only half off on their monthly bill. i know for a fact vzw will not push the pre until palm gives the vzw sales reps a SPIF for selling the pre. until then the reps will continue to sell droids and BB's. the only people that bought palms back in the day were real estate ageants for SUPRA. lame prog IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    HAHA most vzw reps dont even get a free phone or free usage! they get good prices on phones but only half off on their monthly bill. i know for a fact vzw will not push the pre until palm gives the vzw sales reps a SPIF for selling the pre.
    Some pretty misleading information there. Especially "i know for a fact vzw will not push the pre until palm gives the vzw sales reps a SPIF for selling the pre." I don't know where you got your "fact", but we don't get a SPIF for selling one pda/smartphone over any other. We get paid all the same no matter what pda/smartphone we sell, and there is no extra incentive to push one brand over another.

No, we don't get free phones, we pay the same price as customers, but get to upgrade every year. I love your comment on "only half off on their monthly bill". Half off adds up to a lot of money for myself and my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    No, we don't get free phones, we pay the same price as customers, but get to upgrade every year. I love your comment on "only half off on their monthly bill". Half off adds up to a lot of money for myself and my family.
    I was going to call a friend who used to work for Verizon, but on the landline/internet company side of things, now Fairpoint. I know he paid for his phones, but I didn't know if he got any kind of discount. Home phone and 'net, yeah, he gets a good deal, I knew that, just wasn't sure about the mobile side.
    I work for Best Buy and I love it. Palm and Sprint spent a ton of money getting Best Buy employees free Palm Pre's for taking a piece of cake quiz. I think that Palm and Sprint were looking at Best Buy to actually be one of their major flagships for the Pre. I have sold a ton of them since i recieved mine because of how much I love it. In fact out of the five people that work with me four of us got free Pres.
    heh...........I got something like that when I worked for Gateway. Stare at the worst PowerPoint presentation I've ever seen at home for a half hour, take a quiz on Gateway's employee site, score gets sent to Intel, boom. 3.06 HT processor and matching upper level Intel motherboard to stick it in.
    There are a lot of benefits for working for Best Buy. I kinda use vendors like the free samples people at Sams club. I just ask them what cool products they have that they can give me so I can test them out and know how they work so I can sell them easier. Doesnt work all the time but I have recieved some awesome stuff. I think my Bose headphones are my favorite (other than my pre of course) since im a music buff.
  13.    #13  
    The employees that I was seeing with the droids were in their service and call centers.. This leads me to believe that they are not free phones? I think they are all just brain washed to think Droid is the best thing since sliced bread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Vet View Post
    Some pretty misleading information there. Especially "i know for a fact vzw will not push the pre until palm gives the vzw sales reps a SPIF for selling the pre." I don't know where you got your "fact", but we don't get a SPIF for selling one pda/smartphone over any other. We get paid all the same no matter what pda/smartphone we sell, and there is no extra incentive to push one brand over another.

Spiffs are for indirect agents
    they are also used at direct stores and that's where this guy is coming from. Vzw does spiffs but not for specific phones.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insanecivicvtec View Post
    I work for Best Buy and I love it. Palm and Sprint spent a ton of money getting Best Buy employees free Palm Pre's for taking a piece of cake quiz. I think that Palm and Sprint were looking at Best Buy to actually be one of their major flagships for the Pre. I have sold a ton of them since i recieved mine because of how much I love it. In fact out of the five people that work with me four of us got free Pres.
    We bought ours at Best Buy back in August, and the sales lady did seem knowledgeable about the phone.
    Guys, it's called return on investment. Verizon put in the hundreds of millions between ads, licensing the name, and positioning this phone and brand. It would be dumb to NOT push the Droid way over all other peer Verizon smartphones. And remember...that's exactly the case. Nothing personal against the Pre.

Nothing could've changed this. At no point between when the Pre launched on Sprint and when the Droid launched on Verizon was Pre or WebOS in shape to be a heavily spotlighted anti-iPhone for Verizon.
    I just saw an ad on TV for Droid. I must say that their commercials are pretty impressive. It was funny, though, because the ad was asking can your phone do this, this, and this? I was left saying yes, the Pre can.

To people that don't have either phone I would definitely consider that phone based on the commercial. I wish Palm marketing would take note. If there was a commercial like that for Pre I am sure that more people would consider buying. Most people aren't aware of what the Pre can do, and are pretty impressed when I show them. Having used both phones; I like the Pre better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Spiffs are for indirect agents
    Ummmmm we get "spiffs" but not for selling particular phones, and I can guarantee you direct agents don't get "spiffs" for selling particular phones. Our district data guy is also in charge of the indirects in our area. They do not get spiffs or compensation for selling specific phones.
    spiff may be diff according to market .. Because that's not how it is here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast