1.    #1  
    So i didnt see anything on this, but i thought its interesting that palm has 4 of 15 articles in their mobile section. Thats nice, nothing too bad about them on that page either. I'm actually digging this one Maybe it’s horrible customer service that’s hobbling Palm?

looks bad, but read into it. What we have been seeing for sometime is now starting to become obvious to alot of people. Verizon is killing palm!

Ruby, Can i call you Ruby? I love webos, I like to think I know some stuff about webos. I have sold several pre's while in sprint stores, helped a few people who went into exchange it, decide to give it another shot. I've convinced 4 friends to buy webos and all are happy as clams! SEND ME TO ANY VERIZON STORE WITH A PALM NAMETAG, and I will help sell some for you!!!!! I'll even do it for next to nothing.... just a webdr with the webos version your running on!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Yep. Verizon has never really pushed Palm as a phone, I remember when they got....the 755wx? WinMo. I had been looking at new Palms, guy at Verizon back then told me not to waste my time, Palm WinMo phones were awful. Of course, he then tried to sell me some other smartphone, forget which one. WinMo, of course. /facepalm

That's why I've stuck with Sprint, they really don't try to upsell you to something you don't want, or talk you out of something you do. Too bad they've got their own poor reputation of the last few years to build up.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    That's why I've stuck with Sprint, they really don't try to upsell you to something you don't want, or talk you out of something you do. Too bad they've got their own poor reputation of the last few years to build up.
    Sprint doesnt really have anything else to upsell you over the Pre. They don't have the Droid, Nexus 1 or Iphone
    HTC, Treo Pro, various Blackberries. Decent lineup. Droid, I don't know what happened there, they've got the Hero with Android, so the Nexus I'm not surprised at. iPhone, did they even have a choice? It's GSM, Apple refused to make a CDMA phone, ATT was picked before the phone was even fully developed. Nobody had a choice there, that was all Apple. But you're right, aside from the Touch Pro 2, there really isn't anywhere further to go. Which is fine......you own a Pre, is it that much less than a Droid?
  5.    #5  
    apple chose att over verizon because of the revenue share on the data plans. That's been my understanding. There is plenty of stuff out there to suggest it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Yep. Verizon has never really pushed Palm as a phone, I remember when they got....the 755wx? WinMo. I had been looking at new Palms, guy at Verizon back then told me not to waste my time, Palm WinMo phones were awful. Of course, he then tried to sell me some other smartphone, forget which one. WinMo, of course. /facepalm

To be fair, those phones were probably the most frequently defective phones I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    To be fair, those phones were probably the most frequently defective phones I've ever seen.
    Yeah, that's why I was just looking. A few other phones were due out, and I really wasn't sure if I wanted to switch from PalmOS quite yet. Still, that's ultimately the customer's decision. I never, ever push a product on a customer, unless they're just being plain dumb. A guy looking for his first guitar ever, I'm going to gently pull him away from the PRS wall, or the Gibson Historics. Doesn't mean I won't sell him one if that's what he really wants, though. His money, if he wants to drop three grand on a new guitar he may play for a week, that's not my call.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    apple chose att over verizon because of the revenue share on the data plans. That's been my understanding. There is plenty of stuff out there to suggest it.
    Not true what so ever.. Verizon turned down Apple. You can search for it. Apple wanted to much control over revenue and the phone itself and Verizon was having no part of it.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals