Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

My icons in the launcher pages are not staying where i want them to after i do a luna/device restart. if i don't restart, they stay where i want them. this has never happened before. did i install a patch that caused this? please help. thanks !
    youre going to have to tell us any launcher-related patches you installed for us to have a clue if its patch related
    Earlier today I installed patches that I had lost in the update, I installed a launcher patch to open to the third page when launching. I had removed a patch as well the 500 mhz reflex . I added more patches as well, I added the Date patch to cover up the Sprint logo, but I did not remove the other date patch that I had in the middle of the top bar. Bottom line after the Luna restart when I hit the launcher key the launch pages come up with title but absolutely no icons. I did a hard reset and still nothing. I am at a loss. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do. I know all the applications are in the phone since i can launch the menu on the launcher and get to my device key. Help, help, help, please..........
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok, I need to know the names of all patches/themes you have installed. go to preware and take a look at the list
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    BTW I have had this problem 3 different times. fixing it is trial and error
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    maybe it it the no fade bar or launcher 4x4v4 conflicting with named launcher pages.

don't forget to thank
    can not get to preware, there is no icon, for that matter there is no icon for anything. Launcher pages come up empty all 5 of them.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    type preware into uni-search.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    youre going to have to tell us any launcher-related patches you installed for us to have a clue if its patch related
    I have the following launcher related patches installed:
    4x4 icons v4 no arrows plus more
    gesture tap for info and delete
    hide amazon mp3 app
    hide nascar app
    hide nfl app
    reset scroll position
    reset to first page
    wrap pages

suggestions please... thank you!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    you dont have named pages or tabs? I have heard that wrappedpages touches the same file, remove that or the 4x4v4 and reboot let me know if it works.

If not im still here, i wont give up till we fix this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    id say its wraped pages or gesture tap conflicting with 4x4v4.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    id say its wraped pages or gesture tap conflicting with 4x4v4.
    I removed gesture tap, reboot.. didn't work
    then removed wrapped pages, reboot.. didn't work
    tried removed 4x4v4 but got error

strange...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ok to remove 4x4v4 you can remove it in webos quick install or in the terminal app from preware (if you need help with the later, just ask)
  14.    #14  
    I started up webos quick install but can't find where i need to go to uninstall 4x4v4 patch. please give instructions for uninstalling via terminal app.. thanks again !!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    I started up webos quick install but can't find where i need to go to uninstall 4x4v4 patch. please give instructions for uninstalling via terminal app.. thanks again !!
    in quick install go to Tools>Device Management

under User-Installed Content, go to Patches

select the patches to uninstall and hit the button
  16.    #16  
    Just updated old webos quickinstall.. i see the options you are referring to and tried to uninstall patch but it still gave an error and then rebooted the phone

More suggestions? I appreciate your help thus far... should i just run he emergency patch recovery and start from scratch or do you think i will still have the same problem uninstalling the 4x4v4 patch?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have had nothing but problems with the 4x4v4 patch when I try to use other launcher patches.

try EPR and install a different 4x4 icon patch
  18.    #18  
    I've taken off all patches but the icons are still not staying where I placed them. Any more suggestions? Thanks again...
  19.    #19  
    One thing i just noticed is that everytime i reboot and check my email, i get a popup screen that lists the four email accounts i have and the options are to either select "Done" or "Add an Account". It seems that the phone is defaulting to "something" everytime i reboot.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    darn idk... try the DR.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast