1.    #1  
    I know this has been brought up a bunch of times, but this sucks. I rarely get an accurate gps location reading and I did read up on the matter. Either way this is just an issue that needs to be worked out. For me directions and maps are important. I even dont mind so much that you dont have turn by turn directions on the Pre Plus without VZ Navigator, but seriously the google maps should be solid and accurate. If Palm is trying to compete with the other top end smart phones this needs to be fixes imho. If its a Verizon issue, Palm still needs to pressure them into fixing it.
    Mine is real twitchy. If I load up google maps while driving, it will not get a solid fix on me unless we stop for awhile (>5minutes), but I use it mostly for geocaching, where you are moving a lot slower, and there is no car roof in the way. It works extremely well with the precaching app.

My garmin on the other hand locks on usually within 30seconds of driving, and rarely more than 2minutes.
    My Sprint Pre Goggle locator is really spot on, but don't use it that much because Sprint Navigator is included with everything else in the 69.99 plan.
    It's a phone level, cell assisted GPS. It's not going to be all that accurate, less so when moving from tower to tower. If nearly pinpoint accuracy is important to you, you'll really need to get a dedicated "real" GPS. For what it is, though, it works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    It's a phone level, cell assisted GPS. It's not going to be all that accurate, less so when moving from tower to tower. If nearly pinpoint accuracy is important to you, you'll really need to get a dedicated "real" GPS. For what it is, though, it works well.
    Not true.

You can enable the other 90% of the GPS features that Sprint disabled for you...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

Use autonomous and cached modes for the REAL fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Not true.

You can enable the other 90% of the GPS features that Sprint disabled for you...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

Use autonomous and cached modes for the REAL fun.
    Yeah, true. I didn't say a word about features, I did all that on my 800w, too, I remeber that post well. What I DID say was the accuracy is going to be less than a dedicated GPS. That I pretty much proved with my 800w. About the only thing the mod did there was slow acquisition to a crawl, and it was already pretty horrible stock.