1.    #1  
    Seriously guys... Do you think moms identify with those old fashion freaky looking moms on those commercials??? Mom's from this century are way much better looking than that. In fact those Verizon commercials are an insult to all moms and if I were a mom I would not buy a Palm Pre based on that commercial.

I think Verizon has done more damage than good to Palm.
    Yeah I dont think it helped at all. I don't even want to know what the spent on the production costs for those ****e commercials. They could have used all that money and bought thousands of pre's. That would have at least boosted sales. Marketing a product is so important.
    Thanks.

-Mom.
    Its not about the Mom factor at all. It was obviously geared to take advantage of Valentines Day, but they were just strange and wierd. No offense to Moms at all, the phone really translates to everyone imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Thanks.

-Mom.
    MILF
    Honestly I think Verizon would have done better not to advertise the Pre at all rather than run those awful mom ads. I almost returned mine over it, wish I had now that it has dropped another $50 on their site.
    I blame all the wuss males who would return a phone because it was marketed to moms instead of to guys with a punch full of DOES.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Also the new commerials are really awful. The music is 3 secound loop, people will flip the channel or something. I really think they have to remake the commerials the current fix is making it worse, and is still protraying the old message since they have the same graphics and music. They need to follow what O2 did in germany, to show how busy our lives, and how we need a phone to match our lives, not to make fun of our lives or the phone. I think Verizon might start caring now because of the bad rep Android is getting these days with Apple, and Droid sales will start to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    MILF
    Mom I'd Like to.... Facebook
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Seriously guys... Do you think moms identify with those old fashion freaky looking moms on those commercials??? Mom's from this century are way much better looking than that. In fact those Verizon commercials are an insult to all moms and if I were a mom I would not buy a Palm Pre based on that commercial.

I think Verizon has done more damage than good to Palm.
    It surely didn't help plus it's bad enough that when I show ppl my phone, they say "What kind of phone is that" and I say it's a Palm Pre and then they say "is that a Blackberry" I'm like no "it's a Palm Pre!". And then they say "who makes that?"
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I agree. Don't know if anyone else saw it, but a week or so ago Verizon issued a public statement acknowledging the fact that they botched the Pre launch. I concede; it felt good to see them admit that they messed up, but they have yet to do anything else...I mean, the new ads aren't much better! What's with the cheesy 3D Rendering-esque appearance of the Pre? Show us the real thing! It looks way better.

The bad sales also could in part be due to the fact that Verizon reps are pushing the Droid like mad, especially over the Pre...I went to the Verizon 3 times in the last 2 weeks to play with the Plus and every time the guys asked me why I liked the Pre so much, listed off all the negatives about the Pre (they told me it didn't have a removable battery...uh, really?) and then proceeded to ask me if I had checked out the Droid...

Now I'm not one to make assumptions, but I have this odd inkling that Verizon doesn't give a hoot about the Pre... (sarcasm). I can't understand it. Maybe if their own reps weren't telling people not to buy it, things might be looking better. Seriously guys? *crosses fingers*
    (Thanks guys, lol.)

Not to mention my reps HATE selling Pres because they hate to see them returned with issues. Bah.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Yes, the 'momercials' was not a good way to kick off a campaign.