Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I know there are a ton of 1.4 threads, but I don't have much time and haven't found anything helpful...

I'm on nightshift, and just got a call from my wife. She had a lot of complaints about her Pre until I introduced her to patches, and then she got it the way she wanted it. But apparently she updated to 1.4 tonight (said it only took her 15 minutes??), and now her patches are not working, she said she can't reinstall them, the phone is lagging worse, and she said she doesn't like "all this new stuff".

What do I tell her to do? Since I can't look at her phone, I'm not much help right now. I'm a little on information overload trying to sort though all the 1.4 discussion here.
    Just wait until you can WebOS Doctor it or tell her to do it. Or you can try EPR...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by benhar View Post
    I know there are a ton of 1.4 threads, but I don't have much time and haven't found anything helpful...

I'm on nightshift, and just got a call from my wife. She had a lot of complaints about her Pre until I introduced her to patches, and then she got it the way she wanted it. But apparently she updated to 1.4 tonight (said it only took her 15 minutes??), and now her patches are not working, she said she can't reinstall them, the phone is lagging worse, and she said she doesn't like "all this new stuff".

What do I tell her to do? Since I can't look at her phone, I'm not much help right now. I'm a little on information overload trying to sort though all the 1.4 discussion here.
    Oh boy, you're in trouble, lol.
    Tell her to stuff it and figure it out herself. She sounds like an incredibly naggy person. If she's not comfortable with figuring this stuff out on her phone, maybe an iPhone or some other dummy-device is a better option.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Just wait until you can WebOS Doctor it or tell her to do it. Or you can try EPR...
    Will that bring it back to the 1.3.5, or "fix" 1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by dbd
    Oh boy, you're in trouble, lol.
    Lol yeah, problem with being a computer guy is I'm expected to know all the answers, even when I don't. And of course it's my fault
    Lol yeah, problem with being a computer guy is I'm expected to know all the answers, even when I don't. And of course it's my fault
    Yep!
    pull battery, seemed to have fixed lots of stuff...did she install with themes on?
    No soup for you!!! lol, replace soup for anything else that comes to mind
    is preware on the phone?...you can have her go into it and update all on the patches if it lets her...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deafinoneear View Post
    Tell her to stuff it and figure it out herself. She sounds like an incredibly naggy person. If she's not comfortable with figuring this stuff out on her phone, maybe an iPhone or some other dummy-device is a better option.
    She's not naggy, just frustrated. I didn't post to make her look bad, I'm just working long and odd hours this week, so I can't give her much help.
    Dude... anyone ever said that about my gf I'd hunt him (or her in your case) down. [great time to use the Ban button Moderators]

To the OP... without knowing the specifics about what issues she's encountering... you best bet would be to Doctor her phone (directly to 1.4) with a fresh installation of the OS. Then add her favorite patches back. She'll be happy after that!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    is preware on the phone?...you can have her go into it and update all on the patches if it lets her...
    I think she's been trying that. I had her power it down (haven't heard back yet), but didn't tell her to pull the battery as suggested above. I'll try that next.

BTW, all tongue-in-cheek joking aside, she isn't actually mad at me. Just feel like I should say that after one of the responses
    Will that bring it back to the 1.3.5, or "fix" 1.4?
    Install the 1.3.5 doctor to go back to 1.3.5, or use the 1.4 doctor to fix 1.4. Depends what she wants
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dude... anyone ever said that about my gf I'd hunt him (or her in your case) down. [great time to use the Ban button Moderators]

To the OP... without knowing the specifics about what issues she's encountering... you best bet would be to Doctor her phone (directly to 1.4) with a fresh installation of the OS. Then add her favorite patches back. She'll be happy after that!
    Lets just say I tried real hard to be civil with my reply.

I'll definitely try webOS Doctor tomorrow if she doesn't have it working correctly by then.

Thanks all for the help!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilpinkeye
    pull battery, seemed to have fixed lots of stuff...did she install with themes on?
    Nope. Battery pull is next on list.

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9
    No soup for you!!! lol, replace soup for anything else that comes to mind
    Uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Install the 1.3.5 doctor to go back to 1.3.5, or use the 1.4 doctor to fix 1.4. Depends what she wants
    Gotcha, thanks.
    Last edited by benhar; 03/03/2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dude... anyone ever said that about my gf I'd hunt him (or her in your case) down...

+1

Way to make new friends on the forum, deafinoneear. And please don't try some lame-donkey comeback like, "Aww, lighten up guys. I was just joking."